|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many shots do they hear?
2. What does Senator Jordan further state?
(a) He will instigate impeachment proceedings against Iselin if his name is brought forward for the vice-presidency at the party's convention.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He has not seen her husband this evening.
(d) He will be Iselin's right hand man in his run for office.
3. Who celebrate a rare moment alone?
(a) Rosie and Raymond.
(b) Jocie and Marco.
(c) Jocie and Raymond.
(d) Rosie and Marco.
4. What will serve as a reunion between Raymond and Jocie?
(a) A private dinner.
(b) A costume ball.
(c) An evening at the theater.
(d) A welcome home dinner.
5. Once again, what does the author go to great lengths to establish?
(a) Johhny's character.
(b) Raymond's character.
(c) A scene.
(d) Mrs. Iselin's character.
6. What do the Iselins do to assure Johnny will be nominated vice-president?
(a) They rig the votes.
(b) They encourage voters to choose him.
(c) They make empty promises.
(d) Work behind the scenes.
7. From where does Shaw phone Marco?
(a) A pay phone.
(b) His office.
(c) His home.
(d) His cell phone.
8. How did most people react to Raymond?
(a) In such a way that showed how much others respected him.
(b) With kind words.
(c) With surprise.
(d) In such a way to support his belief that he was invisible.
9. How does Marco shock Raymond?
(a) When Marco tells him he will program him to kill.
(b) When Marco tells him that Jocie is dead.
(c) When Marco tells him he killed Lembeck and Mavole.
(d) When Marco tells him that he will go to prison.
10. What will soon happen?
(a) Raymond will be murdered.
(b) Raymond will murder again.
(c) The case will begin.
(d) The case will be solved.
11. What does Raymond's column report?
(a) On the movements of his mother.
(b) On his mother's poor behavior.
(c) On the people he kills on the trip.
(d) On the culture and climate of Europe while neglecting entirely the Iselins.
12. What does the White House find it necessary to do?
(a) Support Mrs. Iselin's decisions.
(b) Bring Mrs. Iselin home.
(c) Disavow Mrs. Iselin as an official ambassador of the United States senate.
(d) Send the FBI to capture Mrs. Iselin.
13. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Tells him he is an assassin.
(c) Offers him a drink.
(d) Tells him to play solitaire.
14. Meanwhile, what is Raymond's American field handler doing?
(a) Meeting with a Soviet colleague in a city cab.
(b) Being chased through the streets.
(c) Trying to contact him.
(d) Searching for him.
15. Why is another shot heard?
(a) Raymond kills an FBI agent.
(b) Raymond kills himself.
(c) Raymond kills Marco.
(d) Raymond's mother kills herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Raymond arrives at the house, of what does his mother inform him?
2. With Jocie's imminent homecoming, Raymond now has what?
3. What will this action do?
4. How is Marco?
5. What does Raymond tell his friend that he believes?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)