|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Marco enter the box?
(a) He never enters the box.
(b) Ahead of his agents.
(c) With his agents.
(d) After his agents.
2. In England, what does Raymond's mother reveal?
(a) She is in love with the Brittish Prime Minister.
(b) She is moving to England.
(c) She intends to have that country's Labour Party investigated for Communist activities and a threat to trans-Atlantic relations.
(d) Iselin will become an embassador in England.
3. What does Raymond's mother give him?
(a) Another assignment.
(b) A hug.
(c) A letter.
(d) A note.
4. Why does Raymond's mother storm out of her brother's home in Italy?
(a) She realizes he is trying to murder her.
(b) He kicks her out.
(c) She insists to the press that the embassy is under Communist directive.
(d) He is not as powerful as she had hoped.
5. Who relates that he told an in-law to pass the time playing solitaire?
(b) A guest at Hungarian Charlie's.
(c) The proprietor at Hungarian Charlie's.
(d) One of the FBI agents.
6. What does the colonel reveal that his investigators have learned about Raymond?
(a) He had no sexual history before the war.
(b) He was a sweet, kind man before the war.
(c) He had many lovers before the war.
(d) He remembers killing Bobby and Ed.
7. Where do Marco and the G-men meet Raymond?
(a) In Central Park.
(b) In Hungarian Charlie's.
(c) At the Statue of Liberty.
(d) At Pakistani Charlie's.
8. For what does Raymond volunteer?
(a) A trip back to Korea to be reprogrammed by the Chinese and Russians.
(b) Time in prison.
(c) An investigation.
(d) A new brainwashing by the American government agents to find the truth.
9. What does Raymond tell his friend that he believes?
(a) Marco killed Jocie and slept with Raymond's mother.
(b) Jocie is dead.
(c) He may have killed Jocie and slept with his mother.
(d) He may have been brainwashed.
10. Of what is there a history?
(a) Election days.
(b) Political party conventions.
11. Who enters, just as Raymond kills Jordan?
(a) The FBI.
12. What will soon happen?
(a) The case will begin.
(b) The case will be solved.
(c) Raymond will be murdered.
(d) Raymond will murder again.
13. What surface emotions does Shaw reveal?
14. What does his mother also tell him?
(a) He was never her son.
(b) They are Communists.
(c) They will strike back against the Communists for using them in this fashion.
(d) They are moving to Russia when this is all through.
15. Once again, what does the author go to great lengths to establish?
(a) Raymond's character.
(b) Johhny's character.
(c) A scene.
(d) Mrs. Iselin's character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Shaw been having?
2. How does Raymond snap out of his spell?
3. Why is another shot heard?
4. What is the result of Raymond's column?
5. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)