|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marco have Rosie read?
(a) A newspaper article by Jocie.
(b) A transcript of a discussion between an FBI psychiatrist and Jocie.
(c) A letter from Jocie to him.
(d) An e-mail from Jocie.
2. In what does Chunjin insist on driving his boss?
(a) A rented limousine.
(b) A bus.
(c) His car.
(d) A hummer.
3. What does Raymond tell his friend that he believes?
(a) He may have killed Jocie and slept with his mother.
(b) He may have been brainwashed.
(c) Marco killed Jocie and slept with Raymond's mother.
(d) Jocie is dead.
4. How does Raymond act when Marco studies him?
(b) Completely normal.
(c) As if he was asleep.
(d) Oblivious to his presence.
5. Why does Raymond's mother drug herself?
(a) Her son offers them to her.
(b) She is an addict.
(c) To block out the horror of Jocie's unintended death.
(d) The Communists have instructed her to take the drugs.
6. Of what is there a history?
(a) Political party conventions.
(b) Election days.
7. Before the tape cuts out, what does Marco tell Raymond to do?
(a) Continue with his original plan.
(b) Save himself.
(c) Unprogram himself.
(d) Scrap the whole plot and listen to his new orders.
8. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
(a) They plot to destroy Raymond.
(b) They tell Raymond's mother.
(c) They meet with the Chinese.
(d) They tell Raymond's mother to murder him.
9. Who enters, just as Raymond kills Jordan?
(b) The FBI.
10. What does Marco offer to help his friend write?
(a) A condolence letter to Jocie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(b) A love letter to Rosie.
(c) A love letter to Jocie.
(d) A condolence letter to Rosie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
11. Chunjin drives him to the Jordan house and gives Shaw what?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A gun with a silencer.
(c) A large, sharp knife.
(d) A rifle.
12. What do the Iselins do to assure Johnny will be nominated vice-president?
(a) They encourage voters to choose him.
(b) Work behind the scenes.
(c) They make empty promises.
(d) They rig the votes.
13. What seems to be coming together?
(a) Almost everything.
14. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
(a) Tells him he is an assassin.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Tells him to play solitaire.
(d) Offers him a drink.
15. What does Raymond decide to do when he becomes furious?
(a) To kill his mother and stepfather.
(b) To never speak to his mother or stepfather again.
(c) To beat up his stepfather and shave his mother's head.
(d) To become unprogrammed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is another shot heard?
2. How many shots do they hear?
3. Why does Mrs. Iselin invite Raymond into the library?
4. When did Raymond's mother discover her son was the assassin?
5. The candidates take the stage, and what does Raymond's mother surreptitiously give Johnny Iselin?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)