|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raymond Shaw dress for the party?
(a) In a flamboyant gaucho outfit.
(b) In a Batman costume.
(c) In a tuxedo.
(d) In his pajamas.
2. What will this action do?
(a) Cement the nobility of Johnny Iselin and his cause in the public's mind by creating a martyr, and a nation symbol of America's will to stand up to Communism.
(b) Encourage the American people to trust him.
(c) Show Johnny Iselin as a hero.
(d) Force the world to feel sorry for Johnny Iselin.
3. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She panics to discover he has left the library.
(b) She interrupts their argument.
(c) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
(d) She is happy to find him missing.
4. From where does Shaw phone Marco?
(a) A pay phone.
(b) His home.
(c) His cell phone.
(d) His office.
5. Why does Raymond wonder if this will be construed as indelicate?
(a) Jocie's Argentine husband has just died.
(b) He may be too dressed up.
(c) Jocie was always afraid of bats.
(d) Pajamas are not appropriate for parties.
6. Where is the reader then taken?
(a) The election day itself.
(b) The strike itself.
(c) The rally itself.
(d) The convention itself.
7. Of what is there a history?
(b) Political party conventions.
(d) Election days.
8. What is the plan for Raymond?
(a) To kill his mother and stepfather.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To kill the presidential candidate and wound Iselin, who will be wearing protection that will also make him look as though mortally wounded.
(d) To kill Jocie and her father.
9. Meanwhile, what does Senator Jordan express for his colleague Johnny Iselin?
(a) His disdain.
10. As they sip wine, what does Raymond notice about his mother?
(a) She has a gash on her face.
(b) Her hand is bandaged.
(c) She looks ill.
(d) She has had her hair cut.
11. Of what should the reader have a deep sense?
12. What does Marco have Rosie read?
(a) A letter from Jocie to him.
(b) A transcript of a discussion between an FBI psychiatrist and Jocie.
(c) An e-mail from Jocie.
(d) A newspaper article by Jocie.
13. Where do Marco and the G-men meet Raymond?
(a) At Pakistani Charlie's.
(b) At the Statue of Liberty.
(c) In Hungarian Charlie's.
(d) In Central Park.
14. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
(c) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(d) She blackmails him.
15. What has Shaw been having?
(a) Stomach pains.
(d) Dinner with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will serve as a reunion between Raymond and Jocie?
2. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
3. Marco's squad on the floor watches the proceedings, while the top FBI agents do what?
4. How must Marco appear?
5. How many shots do they hear?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)