|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she reveal about Raymond?
(a) He was very outgoing.
(b) He was her first.
(c) He had never kissed her.
(d) He was forceful.
2. What do Raymond and Ben Marco exchange?
(a) Christmas gifts.
(c) Birthday gifts.
(d) Phone numbers.
3. Of what is there a history?
(a) Election days.
(b) Political party conventions.
4. The candidates take the stage, and what does Raymond's mother surreptitiously give Johnny Iselin?
(b) A sedative to calm his nerves.
(c) A note.
(d) A kiss.
5. What does Raymond tell his friend that he believes?
(a) Jocie is dead.
(b) He may have been brainwashed.
(c) Marco killed Jocie and slept with Raymond's mother.
(d) He may have killed Jocie and slept with his mother.
6. What do the Iselins do to assure Johnny will be nominated vice-president?
(a) They encourage voters to choose him.
(b) Work behind the scenes.
(c) They make empty promises.
(d) They rig the votes.
7. What does Raymond's mother give him?
(a) A note.
(b) Another assignment.
(c) A hug.
(d) A letter.
8. What has Shaw been having?
(a) Dinner with his mother.
(c) Stomach pains.
9. What does Charlie recount telling his brother-in-law to do?
(a) Take a cab to Central Park and jump in the water.
(b) To take a hike.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) Take a cab to the Brooklyn Bridge and jump in the water.
10. What does Marco offer to help his friend write?
(a) A condolence letter to Jocie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(b) A love letter to Rosie.
(c) A condolence letter to Rosie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(d) A love letter to Jocie.
11. What is the plan for Raymond?
(a) To kill his mother and stepfather.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To kill Jocie and her father.
(d) To kill the presidential candidate and wound Iselin, who will be wearing protection that will also make him look as though mortally wounded.
12. How did most people react to Raymond?
(a) In such a way that showed how much others respected him.
(b) In such a way to support his belief that he was invisible.
(c) With surprise.
(d) With kind words.
13. How does Raymond Shaw dress for the party?
(a) In a tuxedo.
(b) In his pajamas.
(c) In a Batman costume.
(d) In a flamboyant gaucho outfit.
14. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
(b) She blackmails him.
(c) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(d) She misses him.
15. In England, what does Raymond's mother reveal?
(a) She is in love with the Brittish Prime Minister.
(b) Iselin will become an embassador in England.
(c) She is moving to England.
(d) She intends to have that country's Labour Party investigated for Communist activities and a threat to trans-Atlantic relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Meanwhile, what is Raymond's American field handler doing?
2. Who does Raymond's mother believe he should attempt to marry?
3. What does Jocie tell the agent?
4. The next day, in the Iselin home, Johnny Iselin makes a statement that the assassination confirms what?
5. Why does Raymond wonder if this will be construed as indelicate?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)