|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She misses him.
(b) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(c) She blackmails him.
(d) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
2. Before the tape cuts out, what does Marco tell Raymond to do?
(a) Scrap the whole plot and listen to his new orders.
(b) Unprogram himself.
(c) Continue with his original plan.
(d) Save himself.
3. Why does Raymond's mother storm out of her brother's home in Italy?
(a) She realizes he is trying to murder her.
(b) She insists to the press that the embassy is under Communist directive.
(c) He kicks her out.
(d) He is not as powerful as she had hoped.
4. Through further laboratory testing, what do intelligence agencies sort out as Raymond's trigger?
(a) The King of Hearts.
(b) The Queen of Diamonds.
(c) The King of Diamonds.
(d) The Queen of Hearts.
5. How did most people react to Raymond?
(a) In such a way to support his belief that he was invisible.
(b) With surprise.
(c) With kind words.
(d) In such a way that showed how much others respected him.
6. What does Raymond tell his friend that he believes?
(a) He may have killed Jocie and slept with his mother.
(b) Jocie is dead.
(c) He may have been brainwashed.
(d) Marco killed Jocie and slept with Raymond's mother.
7. What does Jocie tell the agent?
(a) Raymond believed himself to be invisible.
(b) She never liked Raymond.
(c) Raymond was cold to her.
(d) Raymond was a kind man.
8. How many shots do they hear?
9. What does the White House find it necessary to do?
(a) Support Mrs. Iselin's decisions.
(b) Disavow Mrs. Iselin as an official ambassador of the United States senate.
(c) Bring Mrs. Iselin home.
(d) Send the FBI to capture Mrs. Iselin.
10. What does the colonel reveal that his investigators have learned about Raymond?
(a) He remembers killing Bobby and Ed.
(b) He had no sexual history before the war.
(c) He was a sweet, kind man before the war.
(d) He had many lovers before the war.
11. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She interrupts their argument.
(b) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
(c) She is happy to find him missing.
(d) She panics to discover he has left the library.
12. What does Raymond begin playing?
(a) A video game.
(b) A board game.
13. Who celebrate a rare moment alone?
(a) Rosie and Marco.
(b) Jocie and Marco.
(c) Rosie and Raymond.
(d) Jocie and Raymond.
14. What will Senator Iselin then do?
(a) Die a hero with his wife by his side.
(b) Tell the world that Jocie and her father were Communists.
(c) Strike a heroic pose and carry the dead candidate in his arms.
(d) Hunt for Raymond's murderer.
15. What will this action do?
(a) Show Johnny Iselin as a hero.
(b) Encourage the American people to trust him.
(c) Force the world to feel sorry for Johnny Iselin.
(d) Cement the nobility of Johnny Iselin and his cause in the public's mind by creating a martyr, and a nation symbol of America's will to stand up to Communism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marco have Rosie read?
2. Shaw is immediately overcome with grief. What does he then do?
3. Marco's squad on the floor watches the proceedings, while the top FBI agents do what?
4. As she is speaking, what does Raymond's mother realize about him?
5. What happens during the first day of ceremonies?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)