|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Raymond's mother believe he should attempt to marry?
(d) A senator.
2. Meanwhile, what is Raymond's American field handler doing?
(a) Searching for him.
(b) Being chased through the streets.
(c) Trying to contact him.
(d) Meeting with a Soviet colleague in a city cab.
3. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(d) She blackmails him.
4. How did most people react to Raymond?
(a) With kind words.
(b) In such a way to support his belief that he was invisible.
(c) With surprise.
(d) In such a way that showed how much others respected him.
5. What do the Iselins do to assure Johnny will be nominated vice-president?
(a) They make empty promises.
(b) They rig the votes.
(c) They encourage voters to choose him.
(d) Work behind the scenes.
6. The candidates take the stage, and what does Raymond's mother surreptitiously give Johnny Iselin?
(b) A sedative to calm his nerves.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A note.
7. What does Raymond begin playing?
(b) A board game.
(d) A video game.
8. In what does Chunjin insist on driving his boss?
(a) A hummer.
(b) A rented limousine.
(c) His car.
(d) A bus.
9. How is Marco?
(a) Dying from a gunshot wound.
(b) Without a wallet and money.
(c) Nervous about who was yelling at him.
(d) Bandaged and scraped.
10. What happens while Raymond's mother is gone?
(a) Shaw watches television.
(b) Shaw makes small talk at the party.
(c) Shaw drinks his wine and plays solitaire.
(d) Shaw glimpses Jocie through the glass terrace door to the library.
11. What has Shaw been having?
(c) Dinner with his mother.
(d) Stomach pains.
12. Why does Mrs. Iselin invite Raymond into the library?
(a) To await Jocie Jordan's arrival.
(b) To have a glass of wine.
(c) To play solitaire.
(d) To listen to music.
13. As what does Mrs. Iselin's tour of Europe prove?
(a) As a much needed break for both mother and son.
(b) An excuse to inflame the passions of the continent against the United States.
(c) As an excuse to promote her husband to European leaders.
(d) As a memorable and postive trip.
14. What does Senator Jordan further state?
(a) He will instigate impeachment proceedings against Iselin if his name is brought forward for the vice-presidency at the party's convention.
(b) He will be Iselin's right hand man in his run for office.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He has not seen her husband this evening.
15. Where do Marco and the G-men meet Raymond?
(a) In Central Park.
(b) In Hungarian Charlie's.
(c) At Pakistani Charlie's.
(d) At the Statue of Liberty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marco's squad on the floor watches the proceedings, while the top FBI agents do what?
2. In England, what does Raymond's mother reveal?
3. In the midst of what do they celebrate?
4. For what does Raymond volunteer?
5. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)