|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Iselin invite Raymond into the library?
(a) To listen to music.
(b) To await Jocie Jordan's arrival.
(c) To have a glass of wine.
(d) To play solitaire.
2. Who enters, just as Raymond kills Jordan?
(b) The FBI.
3. How many shots do they hear?
4. Of what is there a history?
(c) Political party conventions.
(d) Election days.
5. When Raymond arrives at the house, of what does his mother inform him?
(a) Jocie's plane ran late, but that she is next door getting dressed for the party.
(b) He must play solitaire.
(c) The party has been cancelled.
(d) Jocie is no longer coming.
6. Meanwhile, what is Raymond's American field handler doing?
(a) Meeting with a Soviet colleague in a city cab.
(b) Trying to contact him.
(c) Being chased through the streets.
(d) Searching for him.
7. What will soon happen?
(a) Raymond will murder again.
(b) The case will be solved.
(c) The case will begin.
(d) Raymond will be murdered.
8. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She is happy to find him missing.
(b) She interrupts their argument.
(c) She panics to discover he has left the library.
(d) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
9. What will this action do?
(a) Force the world to feel sorry for Johnny Iselin.
(b) Encourage the American people to trust him.
(c) Show Johnny Iselin as a hero.
(d) Cement the nobility of Johnny Iselin and his cause in the public's mind by creating a martyr, and a nation symbol of America's will to stand up to Communism.
10. What does the White House find it necessary to do?
(a) Support Mrs. Iselin's decisions.
(b) Send the FBI to capture Mrs. Iselin.
(c) Bring Mrs. Iselin home.
(d) Disavow Mrs. Iselin as an official ambassador of the United States senate.
11. How did most people react to Raymond?
(a) In such a way to support his belief that he was invisible.
(b) With surprise.
(c) With kind words.
(d) In such a way that showed how much others respected him.
12. Who does Raymond's mother believe he should attempt to marry?
(d) A senator.
13. What does Marco offer to help his friend write?
(a) A love letter to Rosie.
(b) A condolence letter to Rosie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(c) A condolence letter to Jocie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(d) A love letter to Jocie.
14. When did this take place?
(a) When Raymond was in Korea.
(b) During the initial stages of investigation.
(c) During the beginning of Jocie's relationship with Raymond.
(d) After Jocie and Raymond had broken up.
15. Why does Raymond's mother storm out of her brother's home in Italy?
(a) He kicks her out.
(b) He is not as powerful as she had hoped.
(c) She insists to the press that the embassy is under Communist directive.
(d) She realizes he is trying to murder her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What seems to be coming together?
2. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
3. What had Mrs. Iselin ordered the Chinese to create?
4. How is Marco?
5. When does Marco enter the box?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)