|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Shaw been having?
(b) Dinner with his mother.
(d) Stomach pains.
2. As they sip wine, what does Raymond notice about his mother?
(a) She has a gash on her face.
(b) She has had her hair cut.
(c) Her hand is bandaged.
(d) She looks ill.
3. What is the plan for Raymond?
(a) To kill Jocie and her father.
(b) To kill the presidential candidate and wound Iselin, who will be wearing protection that will also make him look as though mortally wounded.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To kill his mother and stepfather.
4. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
(a) They meet with the Chinese.
(b) They tell Raymond's mother to murder him.
(c) They tell Raymond's mother.
(d) They plot to destroy Raymond.
5. How long has it been since Jocie had seen Raymond?
(a) One year.
(b) A few days.
(c) Several years.
(d) Several months.
6. Who relates that he told an in-law to pass the time playing solitaire?
(a) A guest at Hungarian Charlie's.
(b) One of the FBI agents.
(d) The proprietor at Hungarian Charlie's.
7. What does Raymond's mother ask Jocie's father?
(a) If he would support Iselin in becoming vice-president.
(b) If he is feeling alright.
(c) If he would attempt to block Iselin from becoming vice-president.
(d) If he has seen her husband this evening.
8. Once again, what does the author go to great lengths to establish?
(a) Raymond's character.
(b) Johhny's character.
(c) A scene.
(d) Mrs. Iselin's character.
9. In what does Chunjin insist on driving his boss?
(a) A hummer.
(b) A rented limousine.
(c) A bus.
(d) His car.
10. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She interrupts their argument.
(b) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
(c) She is happy to find him missing.
(d) She panics to discover he has left the library.
11. What does Raymond's mother give him?
(a) A note.
(b) A hug.
(c) Another assignment.
(d) A letter.
12. Why does Raymond's mother storm out of her brother's home in Italy?
(a) She realizes he is trying to murder her.
(b) He is not as powerful as she had hoped.
(c) He kicks her out.
(d) She insists to the press that the embassy is under Communist directive.
13. From where does Shaw phone Marco?
(a) A pay phone.
(b) His office.
(c) His cell phone.
(d) His home.
14. As what does Mrs. Iselin's tour of Europe prove?
(a) As a much needed break for both mother and son.
(b) An excuse to inflame the passions of the continent against the United States.
(c) As a memorable and postive trip.
(d) As an excuse to promote her husband to European leaders.
15. What does the colonel reveal that his investigators have learned about Raymond?
(a) He had many lovers before the war.
(b) He had no sexual history before the war.
(c) He was a sweet, kind man before the war.
(d) He remembers killing Bobby and Ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
2. When does Marco enter the box?
3. How many shots do they hear?
4. What seems to be coming together?
5. With Jocie's imminent homecoming, Raymond now has what?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)