|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Raymond's mother drug herself?
(a) She is an addict.
(b) Her son offers them to her.
(c) To block out the horror of Jocie's unintended death.
(d) The Communists have instructed her to take the drugs.
2. What does the White House find it necessary to do?
(a) Disavow Mrs. Iselin as an official ambassador of the United States senate.
(b) Bring Mrs. Iselin home.
(c) Support Mrs. Iselin's decisions.
(d) Send the FBI to capture Mrs. Iselin.
3. In England, what does Raymond's mother reveal?
(a) She intends to have that country's Labour Party investigated for Communist activities and a threat to trans-Atlantic relations.
(b) She is in love with the Brittish Prime Minister.
(c) She is moving to England.
(d) Iselin will become an embassador in England.
4. Shaw is immediately overcome with grief. What does he then do?
(a) Comes out of his trance.
(b) Hugs Jocie.
(c) Completes his mission by returning to Chunjin's truck.
(d) Calls 911.
5. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She is happy to find him missing.
(b) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
(c) She panics to discover he has left the library.
(d) She interrupts their argument.
6. Of what is there a history?
(b) Election days.
(c) Political party conventions.
7. When Raymond arrives at the house, of what does his mother inform him?
(a) He must play solitaire.
(b) Jocie's plane ran late, but that she is next door getting dressed for the party.
(c) The party has been cancelled.
(d) Jocie is no longer coming.
8. As she is speaking, what does Raymond's mother realize about him?
(a) How much Shaw resembles her own father.
(b) How much Shaw resembles his father.
(c) How handsome Shaw is.
(d) How sad Shaw is.
9. In the midst of what do they celebrate?
(a) A murder.
(b) The investigation.
(c) A party.
(d) A war.
10. How does Raymond Shaw dress for the party?
(a) In a flamboyant gaucho outfit.
(b) In a tuxedo.
(c) In his pajamas.
(d) In a Batman costume.
11. As they sip wine, what does Raymond notice about his mother?
(a) She looks ill.
(b) Her hand is bandaged.
(c) She has a gash on her face.
(d) She has had her hair cut.
12. What is the plan for Raymond?
(a) To kill the presidential candidate and wound Iselin, who will be wearing protection that will also make him look as though mortally wounded.
(b) To kill his mother and stepfather.
(c) To kill Jocie and her father.
(d) To kill himself.
13. What will this action do?
(a) Encourage the American people to trust him.
(b) Cement the nobility of Johnny Iselin and his cause in the public's mind by creating a martyr, and a nation symbol of America's will to stand up to Communism.
(c) Force the world to feel sorry for Johnny Iselin.
(d) Show Johnny Iselin as a hero.
14. What does Marco offer to help his friend write?
(a) A love letter to Jocie.
(b) A condolence letter to Jocie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(c) A condolence letter to Rosie and develop a correspondence that will reestablish his intentions as a suitor.
(d) A love letter to Rosie.
15. What does the inebriated Mrs. Iselin proceed to do?
(a) Hug Raymond.
(b) Tell Raymond how much she cares for him.
(c) Give Raymond poisoned wine.
(d) Rape her mind-controlled son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chunjin drives him to the Jordan house and gives Shaw what?
2. How is Marco?
3. Meanwhile, what is Raymond's American field handler doing?
4. When did Raymond's mother discover her son was the assassin?
5. Jordan is awake, and Raymond chats with him dully. Finally, what does Jordan notice?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)