|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Shaw phone Marco?
(a) His office.
(b) A pay phone.
(c) His cell phone.
(d) His home.
2. Who relates that he told an in-law to pass the time playing solitaire?
(a) One of the FBI agents.
(c) A guest at Hungarian Charlie's.
(d) The proprietor at Hungarian Charlie's.
3. How is Marco?
(a) Without a wallet and money.
(b) Bandaged and scraped.
(c) Nervous about who was yelling at him.
(d) Dying from a gunshot wound.
4. In England, what does Raymond's mother reveal?
(a) She is moving to England.
(b) She intends to have that country's Labour Party investigated for Communist activities and a threat to trans-Atlantic relations.
(c) She is in love with the Brittish Prime Minister.
(d) Iselin will become an embassador in England.
5. When does Marco enter the box?
(a) Ahead of his agents.
(b) He never enters the box.
(c) With his agents.
(d) After his agents.
6. How does Marco shock Raymond?
(a) When Marco tells him that he will go to prison.
(b) When Marco tells him he killed Lembeck and Mavole.
(c) When Marco tells him he will program him to kill.
(d) When Marco tells him that Jocie is dead.
7. Soon, what does Raymond's mother scheme to announce?
(a) Rosie's marriage to another man.
(b) Jocie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development.
(c) Jocie's marriage to another man.
(d) Rosie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development.
8. What can this couple do?
(a) Buy a home.
(b) Get married.
(c) Run away.
(d) Unprogram Raymond.
9. What do Raymond and Ben Marco exchange?
(a) Birthday gifts.
(b) Christmas gifts.
(d) Phone numbers.
10. Why does Raymond's mother storm out of her brother's home in Italy?
(a) He kicks her out.
(b) She insists to the press that the embassy is under Communist directive.
(c) She realizes he is trying to murder her.
(d) He is not as powerful as she had hoped.
11. What is the plan for Raymond?
(a) To kill his mother and stepfather.
(b) To kill himself.
(c) To kill Jocie and her father.
(d) To kill the presidential candidate and wound Iselin, who will be wearing protection that will also make him look as though mortally wounded.
12. For what does Raymond volunteer?
(a) A trip back to Korea to be reprogrammed by the Chinese and Russians.
(b) Time in prison.
(c) An investigation.
(d) A new brainwashing by the American government agents to find the truth.
13. What does the colonel reveal that his investigators have learned about Raymond?
(a) He was a sweet, kind man before the war.
(b) He had many lovers before the war.
(c) He had no sexual history before the war.
(d) He remembers killing Bobby and Ed.
14. Of what is there a history?
(b) Election days.
(d) Political party conventions.
15. How did most people react to Raymond?
(a) In such a way that showed how much others respected him.
(b) With surprise.
(c) With kind words.
(d) In such a way to support his belief that he was invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. The candidates take the stage, and what does Raymond's mother surreptitiously give Johnny Iselin?
2. What does the White House find it necessary to do?
3. What happens during the first day of ceremonies?
4. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
5. What does Raymond begin playing?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)