|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Senator Iselin then do?
(a) Tell the world that Jocie and her father were Communists.
(b) Hunt for Raymond's murderer.
(c) Die a hero with his wife by his side.
(d) Strike a heroic pose and carry the dead candidate in his arms.
2. Where is the reader then taken?
(a) The strike itself.
(b) The rally itself.
(c) The convention itself.
(d) The election day itself.
3. How long has it been since Jocie had seen Raymond?
(a) One year.
(b) Several months.
(c) Several years.
(d) A few days.
4. What happens during the first day of ceremonies?
(a) The Iselins are asking citizens to vote for Iselin.
(b) The Iselins are controlling others.
(c) The Iselins abstain from the show floor itself.
(d) The Iselins are very involved in the show floor.
5. What can this couple do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Unprogram Raymond.
(c) Run away.
(d) Buy a home.
6. What does Raymond tell his friend that he believes?
(a) Marco killed Jocie and slept with Raymond's mother.
(b) Jocie is dead.
(c) He may have killed Jocie and slept with his mother.
(d) He may have been brainwashed.
7. In the midst of what do they celebrate?
(a) A war.
(b) A murder.
(c) A party.
(d) The investigation.
8. The candidates take the stage, and what does Raymond's mother surreptitiously give Johnny Iselin?
(b) A sedative to calm his nerves.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A note.
9. As what does Mrs. Iselin's tour of Europe prove?
(a) An excuse to inflame the passions of the continent against the United States.
(b) As a memorable and postive trip.
(c) As an excuse to promote her husband to European leaders.
(d) As a much needed break for both mother and son.
10. What happens while Raymond's mother is gone?
(a) Shaw glimpses Jocie through the glass terrace door to the library.
(b) Shaw makes small talk at the party.
(c) Shaw watches television.
(d) Shaw drinks his wine and plays solitaire.
11. What had Mrs. Iselin ordered the Chinese to create?
(a) A Communist organization in the U.S.
(b) An assassin.
(c) A militia.
(d) A fake birth certificate for Raymond.
12. What does Marco have Rosie read?
(a) An e-mail from Jocie.
(b) A newspaper article by Jocie.
(c) A transcript of a discussion between an FBI psychiatrist and Jocie.
(d) A letter from Jocie to him.
13. What does his mother also tell him?
(a) He was never her son.
(b) They are Communists.
(c) They are moving to Russia when this is all through.
(d) They will strike back against the Communists for using them in this fashion.
14. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She interrupts their argument.
(b) She panics to discover he has left the library.
(c) She is happy to find him missing.
(d) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
15. What does she reveal about Raymond?
(a) He was very outgoing.
(b) He was her first.
(c) He had never kissed her.
(d) He was forceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will soon happen?
2. Why does Mrs. Iselin invite Raymond into the library?
3. As she is speaking, what does Raymond's mother realize about him?
4. What will serve as a reunion between Raymond and Jocie?
5. Why does Raymond's mother storm out of her brother's home in Italy?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)