|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did most people react to Raymond?
(a) With kind words.
(b) In such a way that showed how much others respected him.
(c) In such a way to support his belief that he was invisible.
(d) With surprise.
2. What does the inebriated Mrs. Iselin proceed to do?
(a) Hug Raymond.
(b) Tell Raymond how much she cares for him.
(c) Rape her mind-controlled son.
(d) Give Raymond poisoned wine.
3. In what does Chunjin insist on driving his boss?
(a) A rented limousine.
(b) A bus.
(c) His car.
(d) A hummer.
4. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She blackmails him.
(b) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
(c) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(d) She misses him.
5. When Raymond arrives at the house, of what does his mother inform him?
(a) He must play solitaire.
(b) Jocie's plane ran late, but that she is next door getting dressed for the party.
(c) Jocie is no longer coming.
(d) The party has been cancelled.
6. What does Raymond's mother give him?
(a) A note.
(b) Another assignment.
(c) A hug.
(d) A letter.
7. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Tells him he is an assassin.
(c) Tells him to play solitaire.
(d) Offers him a drink.
8. What will soon happen?
(a) The case will begin.
(b) The case will be solved.
(c) Raymond will murder again.
(d) Raymond will be murdered.
9. As they sip wine, what does Raymond notice about his mother?
(a) She has had her hair cut.
(b) She looks ill.
(c) Her hand is bandaged.
(d) She has a gash on her face.
10. When did Raymond's mother discover her son was the assassin?
(a) At his check-up.
(b) At her first meeting with the Chinese and Russians.
(c) During her first telephone conversation with Chunjin.
(d) When she told the Chinese she wanted an assassin.
11. As what does Mrs. Iselin's tour of Europe prove?
(a) As a memorable and postive trip.
(b) An excuse to inflame the passions of the continent against the United States.
(c) As an excuse to promote her husband to European leaders.
(d) As a much needed break for both mother and son.
12. What will this action do?
(a) Force the world to feel sorry for Johnny Iselin.
(b) Encourage the American people to trust him.
(c) Cement the nobility of Johnny Iselin and his cause in the public's mind by creating a martyr, and a nation symbol of America's will to stand up to Communism.
(d) Show Johnny Iselin as a hero.
13. Shaw is immediately overcome with grief. What does he then do?
(a) Hugs Jocie.
(b) Comes out of his trance.
(c) Completes his mission by returning to Chunjin's truck.
(d) Calls 911.
14. Who relates that he told an in-law to pass the time playing solitaire?
(a) A guest at Hungarian Charlie's.
(c) The proprietor at Hungarian Charlie's.
(d) One of the FBI agents.
15. What can this couple do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Unprogram Raymond.
(c) Run away.
(d) Buy a home.
Short Answer Questions
1. The next day, in the Iselin home, Johnny Iselin makes a statement that the assassination confirms what?
2. Jordan is awake, and Raymond chats with him dully. Finally, what does Jordan notice?
3. Why does Raymond's mother drug herself?
4. What happens during the first day of ceremonies?
5. With Jocie's imminent homecoming, Raymond now has what?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)