|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the midst of what do they celebrate?
(a) A murder.
(b) A war.
(c) A party.
(d) The investigation.
2. What does Raymond's mother give him?
(a) A hug.
(b) A note.
(c) Another assignment.
(d) A letter.
3. Once again, what does the author go to great lengths to establish?
(a) Mrs. Iselin's character.
(b) Johhny's character.
(c) A scene.
(d) Raymond's character.
4. What can this couple do?
(a) Buy a home.
(b) Get married.
(c) Unprogram Raymond.
(d) Run away.
5. What happens while Raymond's mother is gone?
(a) Shaw watches television.
(b) Shaw glimpses Jocie through the glass terrace door to the library.
(c) Shaw drinks his wine and plays solitaire.
(d) Shaw makes small talk at the party.
6. What does Marco have Rosie read?
(a) A letter from Jocie to him.
(b) A transcript of a discussion between an FBI psychiatrist and Jocie.
(c) A newspaper article by Jocie.
(d) An e-mail from Jocie.
7. What do the Iselins do to assure Johnny will be nominated vice-president?
(a) They encourage voters to choose him.
(b) Work behind the scenes.
(c) They make empty promises.
(d) They rig the votes.
8. What is the plan for Raymond?
(a) To kill his mother and stepfather.
(b) To kill the presidential candidate and wound Iselin, who will be wearing protection that will also make him look as though mortally wounded.
(c) To kill Jocie and her father.
(d) To kill himself.
9. As she is speaking, what does Raymond's mother realize about him?
(a) How much Shaw resembles his father.
(b) How sad Shaw is.
(c) How much Shaw resembles her own father.
(d) How handsome Shaw is.
10. Of what should the reader have a deep sense?
11. What do the rapid transitions from one aspect of the show to another portray?
(a) A hectic and chaotic atmosphere.
(b) How much fun a convention can be.
(c) How organized it is.
(d) How involved the Iselins are in it.
12. Chunjin drives him to the Jordan house and gives Shaw what?
(a) A large, sharp knife.
(b) A gun with a silencer.
(c) A rifle.
(d) A bottle of wine.
13. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She is happy to find him missing.
(b) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
(c) She interrupts their argument.
(d) She panics to discover he has left the library.
14. Marco's squad on the floor watches the proceedings, while the top FBI agents do what?
(a) Protect the Iselins.
(b) Protect the presidential candidate.
(c) Search for Raymond.
(d) Struggle to reach the assassin's box before Raymond can kill the candidates or carry out whatever the colonel placed in his friend's charge.
15. How does Marco shock Raymond?
(a) When Marco tells him he will program him to kill.
(b) When Marco tells him that Jocie is dead.
(c) When Marco tells him that he will go to prison.
(d) When Marco tells him he killed Lembeck and Mavole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raymond Shaw dress for the party?
2. When they leave the zoo, what happens to Marco?
3. The candidates take the stage, and what does Raymond's mother surreptitiously give Johnny Iselin?
4. What does the colonel reveal that his investigators have learned about Raymond?
5. How does Raymond act when Marco studies him?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)