|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Raymond wonder if this will be construed as indelicate?
(a) Pajamas are not appropriate for parties.
(b) Jocie was always afraid of bats.
(c) He may be too dressed up.
(d) Jocie's Argentine husband has just died.
2. What will soon happen?
(a) The case will begin.
(b) Raymond will murder again.
(c) Raymond will be murdered.
(d) The case will be solved.
3. What does Raymond begin playing?
(a) A board game.
(d) A video game.
4. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
(a) They meet with the Chinese.
(b) They tell Raymond's mother to murder him.
(c) They tell Raymond's mother.
(d) They plot to destroy Raymond.
5. Why does Mrs. Iselin invite Raymond into the library?
(a) To have a glass of wine.
(b) To await Jocie Jordan's arrival.
(c) To play solitaire.
(d) To listen to music.
6. What can this couple do?
(a) Unprogram Raymond.
(b) Run away.
(c) Buy a home.
(d) Get married.
7. What do Raymond and Ben Marco exchange?
(a) Birthday gifts.
(b) Phone numbers.
(c) Christmas gifts.
8. With Jocie's imminent homecoming, Raymond now has what?
(a) Reason to feel fear.
(c) Feelings of nervousness.
(d) No feelings for anyone or anything.
9. When Raymond arrives at the house, of what does his mother inform him?
(a) He must play solitaire.
(b) Jocie's plane ran late, but that she is next door getting dressed for the party.
(c) The party has been cancelled.
(d) Jocie is no longer coming.
10. Chunjin drives him to the Jordan house and gives Shaw what?
(a) A gun with a silencer.
(b) A large, sharp knife.
(c) A bottle of wine.
(d) A rifle.
11. How does Raymond snap out of his spell?
(a) Rosie enters looking for Marco.
(b) The love of his heart combined with the symbol of his controllers melds at last
(c) Jocie enters dressed as Cinderella.
(d) His mother returns dressed as the Queen of Hearts.
12. What does Raymond begin to remember?
(a) Being brainwashed.
(b) The murders in Korea.
(c) His first relationship with Jocie.
(d) All of his murders.
13. Before the tape cuts out, what does Marco tell Raymond to do?
(a) Save himself.
(b) Unprogram himself.
(c) Continue with his original plan.
(d) Scrap the whole plot and listen to his new orders.
14. With whom does Shaw clear up a misunderstanding?
(a) Senator Jordan.
(b) His mother.
(c) Ben Marco.
(d) Jocie Jordan.
15. In England, what does Raymond's mother reveal?
(a) Iselin will become an embassador in England.
(b) She is in love with the Brittish Prime Minister.
(c) She is moving to England.
(d) She intends to have that country's Labour Party investigated for Communist activities and a threat to trans-Atlantic relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marco shock Raymond?
2. As she is speaking, what does Raymond's mother realize about him?
3. What will this action do?
4. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
5. What will Senator Iselin then do?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)