|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She is happy to find him missing.
(b) She panics to discover he has left the library.
(c) She interrupts their argument.
(d) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
2. Once again, what does the author go to great lengths to establish?
(a) Raymond's character.
(b) Mrs. Iselin's character.
(c) A scene.
(d) Johhny's character.
3. What does Marco have Rosie read?
(a) A newspaper article by Jocie.
(b) A letter from Jocie to him.
(c) A transcript of a discussion between an FBI psychiatrist and Jocie.
(d) An e-mail from Jocie.
4. How long has it been since Jocie had seen Raymond?
(a) Several years.
(b) A few days.
(c) Several months.
(d) One year.
5. What surface emotions does Shaw reveal?
6. How does Marco shock Raymond?
(a) When Marco tells him he will program him to kill.
(b) When Marco tells him that Jocie is dead.
(c) When Marco tells him that he will go to prison.
(d) When Marco tells him he killed Lembeck and Mavole.
7. From where does Shaw phone Marco?
(a) His home.
(b) A pay phone.
(c) His cell phone.
(d) His office.
8. As the presidential candidate reaches the point in his speech that will cue the gunshots, the FBI agents realize what?
(a) They are dead.
(b) They are too late.
(c) They are too early.
(d) They are right on time.
9. The candidates take the stage, and what does Raymond's mother surreptitiously give Johnny Iselin?
(b) A kiss.
(c) A note.
(d) A sedative to calm his nerves.
10. What can this couple do?
(a) Buy a home.
(b) Get married.
(c) Run away.
(d) Unprogram Raymond.
11. Where is the reader then taken?
(a) The convention itself.
(b) The rally itself.
(c) The election day itself.
(d) The strike itself.
12. Soon, what does Raymond's mother scheme to announce?
(a) Rosie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development.
(b) Rosie's marriage to another man.
(c) Jocie's marriage to another man.
(d) Jocie's return to the United States through the Society pages of Raymond's own paper, without informing her son of the development.
13. What does Senator Jordan further state?
(a) He will instigate impeachment proceedings against Iselin if his name is brought forward for the vice-presidency at the party's convention.
(b) He will be Iselin's right hand man in his run for office.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He has not seen her husband this evening.
14. Shaw is immediately overcome with grief. What does he then do?
(a) Completes his mission by returning to Chunjin's truck.
(b) Calls 911.
(c) Comes out of his trance.
(d) Hugs Jocie.
15. When does Marco enter the box?
(a) After his agents.
(b) With his agents.
(c) Ahead of his agents.
(d) He never enters the box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Raymond and Ben Marco exchange?
2. What do the rapid transitions from one aspect of the show to another portray?
3. Why does Raymond's mother drug herself?
4. What does Raymond's mother ask Jocie's father?
5. What had Mrs. Iselin ordered the Chinese to create?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)