|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With Jocie's imminent homecoming, Raymond now has what?
(a) No feelings for anyone or anything.
(b) Feelings of nervousness.
(d) Reason to feel fear.
2. What does Raymond tell his friend that he believes?
(a) Jocie is dead.
(b) He may have been brainwashed.
(c) Marco killed Jocie and slept with Raymond's mother.
(d) He may have killed Jocie and slept with his mother.
3. Why does Raymond wonder if this will be construed as indelicate?
(a) Pajamas are not appropriate for parties.
(b) Jocie's Argentine husband has just died.
(c) Jocie was always afraid of bats.
(d) He may be too dressed up.
4. Why does Raymond's mother storm out of her brother's home in Italy?
(a) He kicks her out.
(b) She realizes he is trying to murder her.
(c) She insists to the press that the embassy is under Communist directive.
(d) He is not as powerful as she had hoped.
5. Who enters, just as Raymond kills Jordan?
(c) The FBI.
6. What happens while Raymond's mother is gone?
(a) Shaw drinks his wine and plays solitaire.
(b) Shaw makes small talk at the party.
(c) Shaw watches television.
(d) Shaw glimpses Jocie through the glass terrace door to the library.
7. As the presidential candidate reaches the point in his speech that will cue the gunshots, the FBI agents realize what?
(a) They are too early.
(b) They are dead.
(c) They are right on time.
(d) They are too late.
8. Why does Raymond's mother drug herself?
(a) The Communists have instructed her to take the drugs.
(b) Her son offers them to her.
(c) She is an addict.
(d) To block out the horror of Jocie's unintended death.
9. When they leave the zoo, what happens to Marco?
(a) He is shouted at.
(b) Chunjin robs him.
(c) He is shot by Chunjin.
(d) Chunjin speeds by and hits Marco with his car.
10. How long has it been since Jocie had seen Raymond?
(a) Several years.
(b) Several months.
(c) A few days.
(d) One year.
11. When Raymond arrives at the house, of what does his mother inform him?
(a) Jocie is no longer coming.
(b) The party has been cancelled.
(c) He must play solitaire.
(d) Jocie's plane ran late, but that she is next door getting dressed for the party.
12. What is the result of Raymond's column?
(a) It is not published.
(b) It is the most poorly-written article in the history of the paper.
(c) It is the paper's most reprinted syndicated feature.
(d) It is ignored by many.
13. What does Raymond begin to remember?
(a) His first relationship with Jocie.
(b) Being brainwashed.
(c) All of his murders.
(d) The murders in Korea.
14. When does Marco enter the box?
(a) He never enters the box.
(b) Ahead of his agents.
(c) With his agents.
(d) After his agents.
15. What does Raymond's mother ask Jocie's father?
(a) If he would support Iselin in becoming vice-president.
(b) If he would attempt to block Iselin from becoming vice-president.
(c) If he is feeling alright.
(d) If he has seen her husband this evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Iselin invite Raymond into the library?
2. Through further laboratory testing, what do intelligence agencies sort out as Raymond's trigger?
3. As she is speaking, what does Raymond's mother realize about him?
4. How did most people react to Raymond?
5. What does Marco offer to help his friend write?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)