|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Amjac?
(a) Rosie's brother.
(b) Rosie's friend.
(c) Rosie's ex-fiance.
(d) Rosie's father.
2. What does Marco ask Rosie?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) To run away with him.
(c) To marrry him.
(d) To find someone else.
3. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
(a) Two years after she married him.
(b) When she is six months pregnant with Raymond.
(c) When she caught him with another woman.
(d) When she is six months pregnant with her second child.
4. What does the senator tell Jocie about Raymond?
(a) He has joined the army.
(b) He has died.
(c) He does not love her.
(d) He is gay.
5. How does the chapter begin?
(a) With a description of the Medal of Honor.
(b) With the reasons why Shaw does not deserve the Medal of Honor.
(c) With an exploration of the history of the Medal of Honor.
(d) With a list of men who have received the Medal of Honor.
6. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
(a) In the future tense.
(b) In the present tense.
(c) In the past tense.
(d) In the conditional tense.
7. What does Iselin become?
(a) An untrustworthy politician.
(b) A very powerful and feared man.
(c) An annoying and irritating man.
(d) A weak and unstable politician.
8. How are Iselin's law practices?
9. What is Marco trying to remember?
(a) Where he is from.
(b) What happened before the war.
(c) His dream.
(d) The reason why he moved in with Raymond.
10. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) No one.
(b) His mother.
(c) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(d) The President of the United States.
11. While Marco traveled to New York to see Raymond, where was Shaw?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) Already headed to Washington.
(d) On a train headed to see Marco.
12. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
(a) A stay in the White House.
(b) A parade in her son's honor.
(c) A dinner with the President.
(d) An interview with several national newspapers.
13. Shaw does not recognize this person, but after introductions recalls what about this person?
(a) He was his best friend.
(b) She was his first girlfriend.
(c) He was his patrol's interpreter.
(d) She was Marco's girlfriend.
14. For what was the sanitarium built?
(a) KGB labs.
(b) Recovering war veterans.
(c) Severe mental disabilities.
(d) The use of alcoholics and recovering drug addicts.
15. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He begins to yell at her.
(b) He stares at her.
(c) He gets up and switches seats.
(d) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Shaw returns to work, from whom does he receive a call, looking for Major Marco?
2. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
3. What does O'Neil insist on throwing?
4. What does this man then give Marco?
5. What does Raymond do to O'Neill?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)