|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Amjac?
(a) Rosie's friend.
(b) Rosie's ex-fiance.
(c) Rosie's brother.
(d) Rosie's father.
2. Why does Raymond suggest that Marco force an investigation by initiating his own court-martial and charging himself with falsifying the report that led to Shaw's medal?
(a) Marco has been untrustworthy.
(b) Raymond wants Marco to get into trouble.
(c) Raymond is afraid he will get into trouble.
(d) This is the only way to make sure their problem cannot be ignored.
3. What does this man then give Marco?
(b) A job.
(c) A twofold choice.
(d) A choice.
4. Iselin brings Marco's plan to bring about his own court-martial to the attention of whom?
(a) The President.
(b) George Bush.
(c) Lieutenant General Nils Jorgenson.
(d) Lieutenant General Mills.
5. What is Marco trying to remember?
(a) What happened before the war.
(b) The reason why he moved in with Raymond.
(c) His dream.
(d) Where he is from.
6. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
(b) Sexual dysfunction.
(c) Iselin's true nature.
(d) Iselin's children from a previous marriage.
7. How does Raymond commit this killing?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With a knife.
(c) With poison.
(d) By strangulation.
8. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) His mother.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(d) No one.
9. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
(a) Not well.
(b) Not at all.
(d) A little.
10. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He killed him.
(b) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
(c) He did not know him.
(d) He did not see him die.
11. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
(a) He is closest to Marco.
(b) He dislikes Ed the least.
(c) He hates Bobby the most.
(d) He dislikes no one.
12. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
(a) A friendship.
(b) A fling.
(c) A disagreement.
(d) A romance.
13. What happens to Major Marco's condition?
(a) It grows worse.
(b) It stays the same.
(c) It improves.
(d) It no longer exists.
14. What does the senator tell Jocie about Raymond?
(a) He has joined the army.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He has died.
(d) He is gay.
15. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He gasps.
(b) He pounds the table in fury.
(c) He faints.
(d) He screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
2. What does Raymond reveal?
3. Why does Raymond's mother want to bring him to Europe?
4. When Shaw returns to work, from whom does he receive a call, looking for Major Marco?
5. Why does Raymond's mother have no regrets?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)