|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
(a) He is more handsome than her first husband.
(b) He is wealthier than her first husband.
(c) He has no scruples.
(d) He loves her.
2. What concerns the public?
(a) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(b) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(c) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(d) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
3. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) No one.
(b) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(c) His mother.
(d) The President of the United States.
4. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He faints.
(b) He gasps.
(c) He screams.
(d) He pounds the table in fury.
5. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
(b) His boss.
(c) His mother.
6. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
(a) At her home.
(b) In a park.
(c) At a hotel restaurant.
(d) In a small cafe.
7. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
(a) A stay in the White House.
(b) A parade in her son's honor.
(c) A dinner with the President.
(d) An interview with several national newspapers.
8. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
(a) She faints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She runs for help.
(d) She sucks out the poison and treats the wound.
9. What compels Marco to give up women?
(a) His realization that he is gay.
(b) Raymond's dislike of all the women.
(c) His disturbing dreams.
(d) His desire to find love.
10. Who is this beautiful woman?
11. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
(a) He is closest to Marco.
(b) He dislikes no one.
(c) He hates Bobby the most.
(d) He dislikes Ed the least.
12. What does Marco ask Rosie?
(a) To run away with him.
(b) To leave him alone.
(c) To find someone else.
(d) To marrry him.
13. What do the Marco and Raymond do when Raymond finds out about the fight between Marco and Chunjin?
(a) They argue.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They become angry.
14. How does Iselin solidify his power in the senate?
(a) By leading investigative committees and strong-arming opponents with hints of blackmail.
(b) By not listening to his wife.
(c) By being a strong leader.
(d) By doing what his voters ask.
15. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He does not want the award.
(b) He remembers the action that won him the award.
(c) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
(d) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
Short Answer Questions
1. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
2. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
3. What does Marco do one night?
4. Who is O'Neil?
5. Shaw does not recognize this person, but after introductions recalls what about this person?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)