|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does his mother do when Raymond tells her the story?
(a) She tells Raymond he should never have told her that story.
(b) She storms into the hotel manager's office and demands to use his phone.
(c) She goes into the ladies' room.
(d) She runs home.
2. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
(a) A friendship.
(b) A romance.
(c) A disagreement.
(d) A fling.
3. While Marco traveled to New York to see Raymond, where was Shaw?
(a) Already headed to Washington.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) On a train headed to see Marco.
4. What does Shaw attend?
(a) A meeting with his boss and O'Neil.
(b) The holiday office party.
(c) The dinner O'Neil organizes.
(d) The party for his boss's birthday.
5. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
(a) Standing guard.
(b) Visiting a brothel.
(c) Shooting at enemy snipers.
(d) Taking a nap.
6. Why does Raymond's mother want to bring him to Europe?
(a) It would make her happy.
(b) She wants to spend time with him.
(c) He deserves a vacation.
(d) It would be a benefit to his professional career.
7. Who is Amjac?
(a) Rosie's friend.
(b) Rosie's ex-fiance.
(c) Rosie's brother.
(d) Rosie's father.
8. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be imprisoned.
(b) He will be murdered.
(c) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(d) He will be exiled.
9. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
(a) She believed she could mold him into an eminently powerful man.
(b) He was very handsome.
(c) He was kind and loving.
(d) He was rich and powerful.
10. For what was the sanitarium built?
(a) The use of alcoholics and recovering drug addicts.
(b) Recovering war veterans.
(c) KGB labs.
(d) Severe mental disabilities.
11. How old is Raymond when he meets Jocelyn Jordan?
12. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) Who are you?
(c) I love you.
(d) Where am I?
13. The next day, what does the FBI do to Marco?
(a) They blackmail him.
(b) They grill him.
(c) They imprison him.
(d) They torture him.
14. Why does Raymond like his boss?
(a) He is kind and pays Raymond well.
(b) He enjoys to go out and meet new people.
(c) Neither enjoys the art of conversation, so neither makes unwanted social demands on the other.
(d) He is the opposite of Raymond.
15. How does Marco change Shaw's whole world?
(a) By cooking all the meals in the apartment.
(b) By paying all of Shaw's rent.
(c) By providing free, ready women every night for both of them.
(d) By showing Raymond the love he has never known.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Iselin's law practices?
2. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
3. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
4. What does Marco do upon returning from Korea?
5. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)