|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is this beautiful woman?
2. When the newspapers print the photographs the next day, what is revealed about a banner saying, "JOHNNY ISELIN'S BOY?"
(a) This banner actually floated over the president himself.
(b) It was in front of the President's face.
(c) It blocked Shaw from the picture.
(d) It was hanging over the President's dog's head.
3. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
(a) He would be accepted everywhere due to his political questions and is susceptible to mental conditioning, because he lacks emotional connections to other people.
(b) He is already an assassin and would only need to build a new allegiance.
(c) He has many friends who would be willing to trust him.
(d) He is good with weaponry and is already a spy for the Chinese.
4. Where does Raymond work?
(a) At the New York Times.
(b) At the Daily Press.
(c) At the Chicago Tribune.
(d) At the Messenger.
5. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
(a) She faints.
(b) She cries.
(c) She sucks out the poison and treats the wound.
(d) She runs for help.
6. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
(a) A fling.
(b) A disagreement.
(c) A romance.
(d) A friendship.
7. What does Marco do upon returning from Korea?
(a) He moves in with his girlfriend.
(b) He finds his own apartment.
(c) He moves back home.
(d) He takes up residence in Raymond's apartment.
8. What does this man then give Marco?
(a) A job.
(b) A twofold choice.
(c) A choice.
9. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Korean War.
10. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(b) He is a Communist.
(c) He trusts Communism.
(d) His wife is a Communist.
11. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
(a) A stay in the White House.
(b) A dinner with the President.
(c) A parade in her son's honor.
(d) An interview with several national newspapers.
12. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
(a) Iselin's children from a previous marriage.
(b) Sexual dysfunction.
(c) Iselin's true nature.
13. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
(a) In the present tense.
(b) In the past tense.
(c) In the conditional tense.
(d) In the future tense.
14. How are Iselin's law practices?
15. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
(a) In front of Shaw and the President.
(b) Behind Shaw and the President.
(c) Prominently in the photos.
(d) In the front row.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Shaw mention to his mother?
2. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
3. What is the American patrol is quickly conditioned to believe?
4. What does Marco do when he is ordered to sign the document?
5. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)