|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
(a) When she caught him with another woman.
(b) When she is six months pregnant with her second child.
(c) When she is six months pregnant with Raymond.
(d) Two years after she married him.
2. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
(a) In the present tense.
(b) In the future tense.
(c) In the past tense.
(d) In the conditional tense.
3. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
(a) His wife tells him to admit to being a Communist.
(b) He cannot remember what his wife has told him to say.
(c) During a meeting with the President.
(d) During one drunken speech before the Senate.
4. What does the man do who forced Marco to sign the paper?
(a) He takes Marco home.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He pays well for his services.
5. How are Iselin's law practices?
6. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(b) His mother.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) No one.
7. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He stares at her.
(b) He gets up and switches seats.
(c) He begins to yell at her.
(d) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
8. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
9. What does Shaw attend?
(a) The holiday office party.
(b) The dinner O'Neil organizes.
(c) A meeting with his boss and O'Neil.
(d) The party for his boss's birthday.
10. What has the FBI come to do?
(a) Collect Shaw and fly him to Washington ahead of schedule.
(b) Wake Shaw and remind him of his medal ceremony in Washington.
(c) Interrogate Shaw.
(d) Arrest Shaw in Ed Mavole's murder.
11. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) He is a Communist.
(b) His wife is a Communist.
(c) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(d) He trusts Communism.
12. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
13. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
(a) In the front row.
(b) Prominently in the photos.
(c) In front of Shaw and the President.
(d) Behind Shaw and the President.
14. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) The telephone ringing.
(b) A crash.
(c) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(d) A loud scream.
15. What happens to Major Marco's condition?
(a) It no longer exists.
(b) It improves.
(c) It grows worse.
(d) It stays the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond reveal?
2. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
3. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
4. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
5. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)