|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Raymond want to hire this person?
(d) A little.
2. What does the man do who forced Marco to sign the paper?
(a) He takes Marco home.
(b) He pays well for his services.
(c) He commits suicide.
(d) He quits his job.
3. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
(a) A note to Raymond to help him rid himself of his promotions.
(b) An official protest to his various promotions and dissociate himself from Iselin.
(c) A form to be given another promotion.
(d) A letter to the President, thanking him for his promotions.
4. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) He trusts Communism.
(b) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(c) He is a Communist.
(d) His wife is a Communist.
5. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He does not want the award.
(b) He remembers the action that won him the award.
(c) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
(d) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
6. How are Iselin's law practices?
7. What concerns the public?
(a) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(b) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(c) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(d) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
8. For what was the sanitarium built?
(a) Recovering war veterans.
(b) KGB labs.
(c) The use of alcoholics and recovering drug addicts.
(d) Severe mental disabilities.
9. What is Marco trying to remember?
(a) What happened before the war.
(b) Where he is from.
(c) His dream.
(d) The reason why he moved in with Raymond.
10. What does this man then give Marco?
(b) A twofold choice.
(c) A job.
(d) A choice.
11. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He killed him.
(b) He did not see him die.
(c) He did not know him.
(d) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
12. Shaw does not recognize this person, but after introductions recalls what about this person?
(a) He was his best friend.
(b) She was his first girlfriend.
(c) She was Marco's girlfriend.
(d) He was his patrol's interpreter.
13. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
(a) She tells Raymond that Jocie is gay.
(b) She sabotages the couple by telling Jocie's father that Raymond is gay.
(c) She forces Raymond to leave with her.
(d) She makes Raymond apologize to Jocie.
14. How does Iselin solidify his power in the senate?
(a) By not listening to his wife.
(b) By being a strong leader.
(c) By leading investigative committees and strong-arming opponents with hints of blackmail.
(d) By doing what his voters ask.
15. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Raymond's mother have no regrets?
2. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
3. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
4. What does Raymond's mother do for Iselin?
5. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)