|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
(a) On the float.
(b) On the stage.
(c) Up the boarding ramp.
(d) In the car.
2. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A crash.
(b) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(c) The telephone ringing.
(d) A loud scream.
3. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
(a) Standing guard.
(b) Shooting at enemy snipers.
(c) Visiting a brothel.
(d) Taking a nap.
4. Who is Amjac?
(a) Rosie's father.
(b) Rosie's friend.
(c) Rosie's ex-fiance.
(d) Rosie's brother.
5. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
(b) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
(c) He does not want the award.
(d) He remembers the action that won him the award.
6. What does Shaw think of Marco using words such as "brainwashing?"
(a) He does not approve.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He feels guilty.
(d) He becomes angry.
7. What does this man then give Marco?
(a) A choice.
(b) A twofold choice.
(d) A job.
8. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
(a) She cries.
(b) She runs for help.
(c) She sucks out the poison and treats the wound.
(d) She faints.
9. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He stares at her.
(b) He begins to yell at her.
(c) He gets up and switches seats.
(d) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
10. What does the man do who forced Marco to sign the paper?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He pays well for his services.
(c) He takes Marco home.
(d) He quits his job.
11. What compels Marco to give up women?
(a) Raymond's dislike of all the women.
(b) His disturbing dreams.
(c) His realization that he is gay.
(d) His desire to find love.
12. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
(b) His being knocked over by a hit-and-run driver.
(c) Drug addiction.
13. The next day, what does the FBI do to Marco?
(a) They imprison him.
(b) They grill him.
(c) They blackmail him.
(d) They torture him.
14. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
(a) A note to Raymond to help him rid himself of his promotions.
(b) A letter to the President, thanking him for his promotions.
(c) An official protest to his various promotions and dissociate himself from Iselin.
(d) A form to be given another promotion.
15. What does Shaw attend?
(a) The party for his boss's birthday.
(b) A meeting with his boss and O'Neil.
(c) The holiday office party.
(d) The dinner O'Neil organizes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
2. Does Raymond want to hire this person?
3. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
4. What favor does Shaw mention to his mother?
5. How does Raymond commit this killing?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)