|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Shaw think of Marco using words such as "brainwashing?"
(a) He does not approve.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He feels guilty.
2. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
(a) It gets him jail time.
(b) It makes him an instant celebrity.
(c) It reveals how many enemies he has.
(d) It causes others to dislike him.
3. What concerns the public?
(a) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(b) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(c) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(d) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
4. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
(a) A note to Raymond to help him rid himself of his promotions.
(b) An official protest to his various promotions and dissociate himself from Iselin.
(c) A letter to the President, thanking him for his promotions.
(d) A form to be given another promotion.
5. What does Iselin become?
(a) A very powerful and feared man.
(b) A weak and unstable politician.
(c) An untrustworthy politician.
(d) An annoying and irritating man.
6. Why can Rosie and Marco now be together?
(a) She has broken up with her fiance.
(c) She is now in love with him.
(d) She is moving to New York.
7. What does Marco do when he is ordered to sign the document?
(a) He does nothing.
(b) He complies.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He runs away.
8. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) Who are you?
(c) Where am I?
(d) I love you.
9. How old is Raymond when he meets Jocelyn Jordan?
10. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He did not see him die.
(b) He did not know him.
(c) He killed him.
(d) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
11. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
(b) Major Marco.
(c) They tie.
(d) No one.
12. Why has a local reporter come by to interview Shaw?
(a) The reporter is an old friend of Shaw's.
(b) Shaw's heroism has granted him celebrity.
(c) Shaw has become an anti-war protestor.
(d) Shaw was injured in the war.
13. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) He is a Communist.
(b) He trusts Communism.
(c) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(d) His wife is a Communist.
14. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
(a) He is closest to Marco.
(b) He dislikes no one.
(c) He hates Bobby the most.
(d) He dislikes Ed the least.
15. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His fits of crying.
(c) His feelings.
(d) His dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raymond work?
2. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
3. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
4. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
5. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)