|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
(a) Prominently in the photos.
(b) Behind Shaw and the President.
(c) In front of Shaw and the President.
(d) In the front row.
2. What does Iselin become?
(a) A very powerful and feared man.
(b) An annoying and irritating man.
(c) A weak and unstable politician.
(d) An untrustworthy politician.
3. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
(a) He hates the Secretary of Defense.
(b) He is a Communist.
(c) He has a list of two hundred and seven Communists working in the Defense Department.
(d) He wants to be the Secretary of Defense.
4. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be imprisoned.
(b) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(c) He will be exiled.
(d) He will be murdered.
5. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
(b) He remembers the action that won him the award.
(c) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
(d) He does not want the award.
6. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
(a) He dislikes no one.
(b) He dislikes Ed the least.
(c) He hates Bobby the most.
(d) He is closest to Marco.
7. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) He trusts Communism.
(b) His wife is a Communist.
(c) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(d) He is a Communist.
8. Why does Raymond's mother have no regrets?
(a) She is working for a greater good.
(b) She loves her son.
(c) She is an American.
(d) She has always done what is right.
9. What does this man then give Marco?
(b) A twofold choice.
(c) A choice.
(d) A job.
10. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He did not know him.
(b) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
(c) He did not see him die.
(d) He killed him.
11. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
(a) He is more handsome than her first husband.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He has no scruples.
(d) He is wealthier than her first husband.
12. Who is this beautiful woman?
13. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) The Gulf War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
14. How does Marco change Shaw's whole world?
(a) By paying all of Shaw's rent.
(b) By providing free, ready women every night for both of them.
(c) By showing Raymond the love he has never known.
(d) By cooking all the meals in the apartment.
15. What does Raymond do to O'Neill?
(a) He punches him in the face.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He slams a door in his face.
(d) He hugs him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
2. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
3. Who gives Raymond Shaw the medal?
4. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
5. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)