|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
(a) Major Marco.
(c) No one.
(d) They tie.
2. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
(c) His boss.
(d) His mother.
3. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He stares at her.
(b) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
(c) He begins to yell at her.
(d) He gets up and switches seats.
4. To what is Iselin elected?
(a) His first term in Congress.
(b) His second term in the Senate.
(c) His first term in the Senate.
(d) His second term in Congress.
5. What does this man then give Marco?
(b) A twofold choice.
(c) A job.
(d) A choice.
6. Where does Raymond work?
(a) At the Chicago Tribune.
(b) At the New York Times.
(c) At the Daily Press.
(d) At the Messenger.
7. What concerns the public?
(a) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(b) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(c) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(d) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
8. What does Marco do when he is ordered to sign the document?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He complies.
(d) He refuses.
9. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
(a) Iselin's children from a previous marriage.
(b) Sexual dysfunction.
(d) Iselin's true nature.
10. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) His mother.
(b) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) No one.
11. If Marco signs paperwork agreeing not to pursue investigation, what will happen to him?
(a) He will be monetarily rewarded.
(b) He will receive the Medal of Honor.
(c) He will be sent on a nice vacation.
(d) He will be doubly promoted to lieutenant colonel.
12. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
(a) His being knocked over by a hit-and-run driver.
(d) Drug addiction.
13. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
(a) At a hotel restaurant.
(b) At her home.
(c) In a small cafe.
(d) In a park.
14. What does the man do who forced Marco to sign the paper?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He pays well for his services.
(c) He takes Marco home.
(d) He commits suicide.
15. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He faints.
(b) He pounds the table in fury.
(c) He gasps.
(d) He screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
2. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
3. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
4. Who gives Raymond Shaw the medal?
5. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)