|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marco change Shaw's whole world?
(a) By cooking all the meals in the apartment.
(b) By providing free, ready women every night for both of them.
(c) By showing Raymond the love he has never known.
(d) By paying all of Shaw's rent.
2. Why does Raymond like his boss?
(a) He is kind and pays Raymond well.
(b) Neither enjoys the art of conversation, so neither makes unwanted social demands on the other.
(c) He enjoys to go out and meet new people.
(d) He is the opposite of Raymond.
3. What does Marco ask Rosie?
(a) To marrry him.
(b) To find someone else.
(c) To leave him alone.
(d) To run away with him.
4. Who is Amjac?
(a) Rosie's friend.
(b) Rosie's father.
(c) Rosie's ex-fiance.
(d) Rosie's brother.
5. While Marco traveled to New York to see Raymond, where was Shaw?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) On a train headed to see Marco.
(c) Already headed to Washington.
(d) In his apartment.
6. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) He is a Communist.
(b) His wife is a Communist.
(c) He trusts Communism.
(d) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
7. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
(a) Not at all.
(c) A little.
(d) Not well.
8. When the newspapers print the photographs the next day, what is revealed about a banner saying, "JOHNNY ISELIN'S BOY?"
(a) It blocked Shaw from the picture.
(b) It was hanging over the President's dog's head.
(c) This banner actually floated over the president himself.
(d) It was in front of the President's face.
9. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
(a) An official protest to his various promotions and dissociate himself from Iselin.
(b) A note to Raymond to help him rid himself of his promotions.
(c) A form to be given another promotion.
(d) A letter to the President, thanking him for his promotions.
10. What has the FBI come to do?
(a) Arrest Shaw in Ed Mavole's murder.
(b) Collect Shaw and fly him to Washington ahead of schedule.
(c) Wake Shaw and remind him of his medal ceremony in Washington.
(d) Interrogate Shaw.
11. Two years later, Raymond receives a phone call asking him to do what?
(a) Remember what happened in Korea.
(b) Forget he knows Marco.
(c) Confess his sins.
(d) Play a little solitaire.
12. How are Iselin's law practices?
13. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
(a) In the conditional tense.
(b) In the past tense.
(c) In the present tense.
(d) In the future tense.
14. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Gulf War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Vietnam War.
15. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He did not see him die.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He did not know him.
(d) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raymond reveal?
2. What does Shaw think of Marco using words such as "brainwashing?"
3. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
4. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
5. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)