|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
(a) A stay in the White House.
(b) A dinner with the President.
(c) A parade in her son's honor.
(d) An interview with several national newspapers.
2. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
(a) Not at all.
(b) A little.
(c) Not well.
3. What does Marco ask Rosie?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) To marrry him.
(c) To run away with him.
(d) To find someone else.
4. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
(a) No one.
(b) They tie.
(d) Major Marco.
5. What does O'Neil insist on throwing?
(a) A birthday party for his boss.
(b) A welcome dinner for the Medal of Honor veteran.
(c) A chair across the room.
(d) A holiday office party.
6. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(b) The telephone ringing.
(c) A crash.
(d) A loud scream.
7. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be murdered.
(b) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(c) He will be imprisoned.
(d) He will be exiled.
8. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
(a) She tells Raymond that Jocie is gay.
(b) She sabotages the couple by telling Jocie's father that Raymond is gay.
(c) She forces Raymond to leave with her.
(d) She makes Raymond apologize to Jocie.
9. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
(a) He would forever resent his mother for this scandal.
(b) He would forever resent his father for this scandal.
(c) He would resent both of his parents for this scandal.
(d) He never stopped loving his parents.
10. What does Shaw attend?
(a) The party for his boss's birthday.
(b) A meeting with his boss and O'Neil.
(c) The dinner O'Neil organizes.
(d) The holiday office party.
11. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
(b) His boss.
(d) His mother.
12. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
(a) He dislikes Ed the least.
(b) He hates Bobby the most.
(c) He is closest to Marco.
(d) He dislikes no one.
13. What does Iselin become?
(a) A weak and unstable politician.
(b) A very powerful and feared man.
(c) An annoying and irritating man.
(d) An untrustworthy politician.
14. Why has a local reporter come by to interview Shaw?
(a) Shaw was injured in the war.
(b) The reporter is an old friend of Shaw's.
(c) Shaw has become an anti-war protestor.
(d) Shaw's heroism has granted him celebrity.
15. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
2. For what was the sanitarium built?
3. When Shaw returns to work, from whom does he receive a call, looking for Major Marco?
4. What does Marco do when he is ordered to sign the document?
5. Why does Raymond's mother want to bring him to Europe?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)