|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Raymond want to hire this person?
(c) A little.
2. What does Marco do when he is ordered to sign the document?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He does nothing.
(c) He refuses.
(d) He complies.
3. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He gets up and switches seats.
(b) He stares at her.
(c) He begins to yell at her.
(d) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
4. Where does Raymond work?
(a) At the Daily Press.
(b) At the Messenger.
(c) At the New York Times.
(d) At the Chicago Tribune.
5. To what is Iselin elected?
(a) His second term in the Senate.
(b) His first term in the Senate.
(c) His second term in Congress.
(d) His first term in Congress.
6. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
7. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
(a) A friendship.
(b) A disagreement.
(c) A romance.
(d) A fling.
8. Who is O'Neil?
(a) The paper's promotion manager.
(b) Raymond's boss.
(c) An editor.
(d) An FBI agent.
9. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
10. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
(a) In a park.
(b) At her home.
(c) In a small cafe.
(d) At a hotel restaurant.
11. What do the Marco and Raymond do when Raymond finds out about the fight between Marco and Chunjin?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They argue.
12. What favor does Shaw mention to his mother?
(a) He would like a raise.
(b) He would like to see Ben Marco promoted to colonel.
(c) He would like Ben Marco to receive a raise.
(d) He would like to be promoted to colonel.
13. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He killed him.
(b) He did not know him.
(c) He did not see him die.
(d) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
14. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
(a) He was rich and powerful.
(b) He was very handsome.
(c) She believed she could mold him into an eminently powerful man.
(d) He was kind and loving.
15. How does Raymond commit this killing?
(a) With a gun.
(b) With poison.
(c) With a knife.
(d) By strangulation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does his mother do when Raymond tells her the story?
2. How does Marco change Shaw's whole world?
3. Why does Raymond's mother want to bring him to Europe?
4. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
5. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)