|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
(a) A little.
(c) Not at all.
(d) Not well.
2. While Marco traveled to New York to see Raymond, where was Shaw?
(a) Already headed to Washington.
(b) On a train headed to see Marco.
(c) In his apartment.
(d) In Chicago.
3. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
(a) He is already an assassin and would only need to build a new allegiance.
(b) He has many friends who would be willing to trust him.
(c) He would be accepted everywhere due to his political questions and is susceptible to mental conditioning, because he lacks emotional connections to other people.
(d) He is good with weaponry and is already a spy for the Chinese.
4. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He does not want the award.
(b) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
(c) He remembers the action that won him the award.
(d) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
5. What is the American patrol is quickly conditioned to believe?
(a) They are still on the front lines of battle.
(b) They are living in comfortable downtime, drinking Coca-Cola and gambling on a game of cards.
(c) They are in a prison being watched by Chinese and Russian officials.
(d) They are home watching poker played on television.
6. Does Raymond want to hire this person?
(d) A little.
7. Why does Raymond like his boss?
(a) He enjoys to go out and meet new people.
(b) He is the opposite of Raymond.
(c) Neither enjoys the art of conversation, so neither makes unwanted social demands on the other.
(d) He is kind and pays Raymond well.
8. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
9. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(b) He will be murdered.
(c) He will be imprisoned.
(d) He will be exiled.
10. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
11. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
(a) It makes him an instant celebrity.
(b) It gets him jail time.
(c) It causes others to dislike him.
(d) It reveals how many enemies he has.
12. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
(a) Iselin's true nature.
(b) Sexual dysfunction.
(d) Iselin's children from a previous marriage.
13. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
(a) Two years after she married him.
(b) When she is six months pregnant with Raymond.
(c) When she is six months pregnant with her second child.
(d) When she caught him with another woman.
14. Shaw does not recognize this person, but after introductions recalls what about this person?
(a) She was Marco's girlfriend.
(b) He was his patrol's interpreter.
(c) He was his best friend.
(d) She was his first girlfriend.
15. What does Shaw attend?
(a) The party for his boss's birthday.
(b) A meeting with his boss and O'Neil.
(c) The dinner O'Neil organizes.
(d) The holiday office party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
2. What does the senator tell Jocie about Raymond?
3. Why does Raymond's mother have no regrets?
4. Where does Raymond work?
5. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)