|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
(a) Two years after she married him.
(b) When she is six months pregnant with her second child.
(c) When she caught him with another woman.
(d) When she is six months pregnant with Raymond.
2. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
(a) His mother.
(d) His boss.
3. While Marco traveled to New York to see Raymond, where was Shaw?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) In his apartment.
(c) On a train headed to see Marco.
(d) Already headed to Washington.
4. What do the Marco and Raymond do when Raymond finds out about the fight between Marco and Chunjin?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They laugh.
(c) They are silent.
(d) They argue.
5. How does Raymond commit this killing?
(a) With poison.
(b) By strangulation.
(c) With a gun.
(d) With a knife.
6. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His fits of crying.
(c) His feelings.
(d) His childhood.
7. Who is this beautiful woman?
8. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
(a) A form to be given another promotion.
(b) A letter to the President, thanking him for his promotions.
(c) An official protest to his various promotions and dissociate himself from Iselin.
(d) A note to Raymond to help him rid himself of his promotions.
9. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
10. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) World War II.
11. Two years later, Raymond receives a phone call asking him to do what?
(a) Play a little solitaire.
(b) Remember what happened in Korea.
(c) Confess his sins.
(d) Forget he knows Marco.
12. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
(a) A romance.
(b) A fling.
(c) A disagreement.
(d) A friendship.
13. When the newspapers print the photographs the next day, what is revealed about a banner saying, "JOHNNY ISELIN'S BOY?"
(a) This banner actually floated over the president himself.
(b) It blocked Shaw from the picture.
(c) It was hanging over the President's dog's head.
(d) It was in front of the President's face.
14. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
(a) During one drunken speech before the Senate.
(b) His wife tells him to admit to being a Communist.
(c) He cannot remember what his wife has told him to say.
(d) During a meeting with the President.
15. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
(a) His being knocked over by a hit-and-run driver.
(b) Drug addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Raymond Shaw the medal?
2. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
3. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
4. What does Raymond's mother do for Iselin?
5. What does the senator tell Jocie about Raymond?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)