|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
2. How does Raymond's mother react when he tells her the full story of the major's psychological problems?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She is anxious.
(d) She is upset.
3. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His feelings.
(d) His fits of crying.
4. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He does not want the award.
(b) He remembers the action that won him the award.
(c) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
(d) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
5. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He did not know him.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
(d) He did not see him die.
6. Does Raymond want to hire this person?
(a) A little.
7. How does the chapter begin?
(a) With an exploration of the history of the Medal of Honor.
(b) With a list of men who have received the Medal of Honor.
(c) With the reasons why Shaw does not deserve the Medal of Honor.
(d) With a description of the Medal of Honor.
8. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Gulf War.
9. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
10. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(b) He is a Communist.
(c) He trusts Communism.
(d) His wife is a Communist.
11. How does Marco change Shaw's whole world?
(a) By cooking all the meals in the apartment.
(b) By providing free, ready women every night for both of them.
(c) By showing Raymond the love he has never known.
(d) By paying all of Shaw's rent.
12. How are Iselin's law practices?
13. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
(a) He was kind and loving.
(b) He was very handsome.
(c) She believed she could mold him into an eminently powerful man.
(d) He was rich and powerful.
14. Two years later, Raymond receives a phone call asking him to do what?
(a) Remember what happened in Korea.
(b) Forget he knows Marco.
(c) Play a little solitaire.
(d) Confess his sins.
15. What is revealed about Shaw?
(a) He is universally disliked by his company.
(b) He is universally liked by his company.
(c) He is the bravest man in his company.
(d) He is the smartest man in his company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Neil insist on throwing?
2. What does his mother do when Raymond tells her the story?
3. What favor does Shaw mention to his mother?
4. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
5. What happens to Major Marco's condition?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)