|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
(b) Drug addiction.
(c) His being knocked over by a hit-and-run driver.
2. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
(a) In the conditional tense.
(b) In the present tense.
(c) In the future tense.
(d) In the past tense.
3. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
(a) In the front row.
(b) Behind Shaw and the President.
(c) Prominently in the photos.
(d) In front of Shaw and the President.
4. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
(a) At a hotel restaurant.
(b) In a small cafe.
(c) In a park.
(d) At her home.
5. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
(a) He never stopped loving his parents.
(b) He would forever resent his father for this scandal.
(c) He would forever resent his mother for this scandal.
(d) He would resent both of his parents for this scandal.
6. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
(a) Not at all.
(b) Not well.
(c) A little.
7. If Marco signs paperwork agreeing not to pursue investigation, what will happen to him?
(a) He will receive the Medal of Honor.
(b) He will be sent on a nice vacation.
(c) He will be doubly promoted to lieutenant colonel.
(d) He will be monetarily rewarded.
8. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
(b) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
(c) He remembers the action that won him the award.
(d) He does not want the award.
9. Why does Raymond like his boss?
(a) He is the opposite of Raymond.
(b) Neither enjoys the art of conversation, so neither makes unwanted social demands on the other.
(c) He enjoys to go out and meet new people.
(d) He is kind and pays Raymond well.
10. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
(a) A note to Raymond to help him rid himself of his promotions.
(b) A form to be given another promotion.
(c) A letter to the President, thanking him for his promotions.
(d) An official protest to his various promotions and dissociate himself from Iselin.
11. What does Shaw think of Marco using words such as "brainwashing?"
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He does not approve.
(d) He is confused.
12. What is revealed about Shaw?
(a) He is the smartest man in his company.
(b) He is universally disliked by his company.
(c) He is the bravest man in his company.
(d) He is universally liked by his company.
13. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
(a) It reveals how many enemies he has.
(b) It causes others to dislike him.
(c) It gets him jail time.
(d) It makes him an instant celebrity.
14. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) I love you.
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) Who are you?
(d) Where am I?
15. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
(a) He was rich and powerful.
(b) He was very handsome.
(c) She believed she could mold him into an eminently powerful man.
(d) He was kind and loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
2. What favor does Shaw mention to his mother?
3. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
4. While Marco traveled to New York to see Raymond, where was Shaw?
5. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)