|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the chapter begin?
(a) With a description of the Medal of Honor.
(b) With a list of men who have received the Medal of Honor.
(c) With the reasons why Shaw does not deserve the Medal of Honor.
(d) With an exploration of the history of the Medal of Honor.
2. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
(a) Iselin's true nature.
(b) Sexual dysfunction.
(d) Iselin's children from a previous marriage.
3. The next day, what does the FBI do to Marco?
(a) They imprison him.
(b) They torture him.
(c) They grill him.
(d) They blackmail him.
4. Where does Raymond work?
(a) At the Messenger.
(b) At the New York Times.
(c) At the Chicago Tribune.
(d) At the Daily Press.
5. What is the American patrol is quickly conditioned to believe?
(a) They are living in comfortable downtime, drinking Coca-Cola and gambling on a game of cards.
(b) They are still on the front lines of battle.
(c) They are in a prison being watched by Chinese and Russian officials.
(d) They are home watching poker played on television.
6. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
(a) It makes him an instant celebrity.
(b) It reveals how many enemies he has.
(c) It causes others to dislike him.
(d) It gets him jail time.
7. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
(a) He cannot remember what his wife has told him to say.
(b) His wife tells him to admit to being a Communist.
(c) During one drunken speech before the Senate.
(d) During a meeting with the President.
8. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
9. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
(a) Major Marco.
(b) They tie.
(d) No one.
10. What concerns the public?
(a) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(b) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(c) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
(d) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
11. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He gets up and switches seats.
(b) He stares at her.
(c) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
(d) He begins to yell at her.
12. Iselin brings Marco's plan to bring about his own court-martial to the attention of whom?
(a) Lieutenant General Nils Jorgenson.
(b) George Bush.
(c) The President.
(d) Lieutenant General Mills.
13. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) His wife is a Communist.
(b) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(c) He trusts Communism.
(d) He is a Communist.
14. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
(a) He was rich and powerful.
(b) He was kind and loving.
(c) He was very handsome.
(d) She believed she could mold him into an eminently powerful man.
15. While Marco traveled to New York to see Raymond, where was Shaw?
(a) In his apartment.
(b) In Chicago.
(c) Already headed to Washington.
(d) On a train headed to see Marco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
2. How old is Raymond when he meets Jocelyn Jordan?
3. What does Raymond do to O'Neill?
4. Who is Amjac?
5. What does Raymond reveal?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)