|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
(a) His boss.
(d) His mother.
2. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(b) The telephone ringing.
(c) A crash.
(d) A loud scream.
3. How does Raymond commit this killing?
(a) With poison.
(b) By strangulation.
(c) With a gun.
(d) With a knife.
4. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
(b) He did not know him.
(c) He killed him.
(d) He did not see him die.
5. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He begins to yell at her.
(b) He gets up and switches seats.
(c) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
(d) He stares at her.
6. What does his mother do when Raymond tells her the story?
(a) She storms into the hotel manager's office and demands to use his phone.
(b) She tells Raymond he should never have told her that story.
(c) She runs home.
(d) She goes into the ladies' room.
7. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
(a) In the front row.
(b) Prominently in the photos.
(c) Behind Shaw and the President.
(d) In front of Shaw and the President.
8. What does O'Neil insist on throwing?
(a) A holiday office party.
(b) A birthday party for his boss.
(c) A welcome dinner for the Medal of Honor veteran.
(d) A chair across the room.
9. Why does Raymond like his boss?
(a) He is kind and pays Raymond well.
(b) He enjoys to go out and meet new people.
(c) He is the opposite of Raymond.
(d) Neither enjoys the art of conversation, so neither makes unwanted social demands on the other.
10. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
(a) He has no scruples.
(b) He is more handsome than her first husband.
(c) He is wealthier than her first husband.
(d) He loves her.
11. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) His mother.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) No one.
(d) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
12. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
13. What concerns the public?
(a) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
(b) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(c) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(d) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
14. Why does Raymond's mother want to bring him to Europe?
(a) She wants to spend time with him.
(b) It would be a benefit to his professional career.
(c) He deserves a vacation.
(d) It would make her happy.
15. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
(a) He would forever resent his mother for this scandal.
(b) He never stopped loving his parents.
(c) He would forever resent his father for this scandal.
(d) He would resent both of his parents for this scandal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has a local reporter come by to interview Shaw?
2. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
3. Why can Rosie and Marco now be together?
4. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
5. What does Raymond do to O'Neill?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)