Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) A marriage proposal.
(b) I love you.
(c) Where am I?
(d) Who are you?
2. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
(a) He is already an assassin and would only need to build a new allegiance.
(b) He is good with weaponry and is already a spy for the Chinese.
(c) He would be accepted everywhere due to his political questions and is susceptible to mental conditioning, because he lacks emotional connections to other people.
(d) He has many friends who would be willing to trust him.
3. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
(a) In the car.
(b) Up the boarding ramp.
(c) On the stage.
(d) On the float.
4. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
(a) Standing guard.
(b) Visiting a brothel.
(c) Shooting at enemy snipers.
(d) Taking a nap.
5. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
(a) Iselin's true nature.
(c) Sexual dysfunction.
(d) Iselin's children from a previous marriage.
6. How does Marco sleep at Rosie's apartment?
(a) Not at all.
(b) A little.
(d) Not well.
7. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) His mother.
(c) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(d) No one.
8. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Gulf War.
9. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
(b) Drug addiction.
(c) His being knocked over by a hit-and-run driver.
10. How does Raymond refer to each event in sequence?
(a) In the conditional tense.
(b) In the present tense.
(c) In the past tense.
(d) In the future tense.
11. How does Raymond's mother react when he tells her the full story of the major's psychological problems?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is anxious.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She is upset.
12. How are Iselin's law practices?
13. What happens to Major Marco's condition?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It grows worse.
(c) It no longer exists.
(d) It improves.
14. What does Marco do upon returning from Korea?
(a) He takes up residence in Raymond's apartment.
(b) He moves in with his girlfriend.
(c) He moves back home.
(d) He finds his own apartment.
15. Why can Rosie and Marco now be together?
(b) She is moving to New York.
(c) She is now in love with him.
(d) She has broken up with her fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the chapter begin?
2. One day, who arrives at Shaw's office at the newspaper and asks him for a job?
3. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
4. What is the American patrol is quickly conditioned to believe?
5. When the newspapers print the photographs the next day, what is revealed about a banner saying, "JOHNNY ISELIN'S BOY?"
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)