|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Shaw returns to work, from whom does he receive a call, looking for Major Marco?
(a) His mother.
(b) The President.
(d) Army Intelligence.
2. For what was the sanitarium built?
(a) KGB labs.
(b) The use of alcoholics and recovering drug addicts.
(c) Recovering war veterans.
(d) Severe mental disabilities.
3. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
(a) A dinner with the President.
(b) A stay in the White House.
(c) A parade in her son's honor.
(d) An interview with several national newspapers.
4. Who is Amjac?
(a) Rosie's ex-fiance.
(b) Rosie's father.
(c) Rosie's brother.
(d) Rosie's friend.
5. One morning, toward the end of his stay, Raymond awakens to see his mother sitting beside him. How does she appear?
6. What does Raymond do to O'Neill?
(a) He hugs him.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He slams a door in his face.
(d) He punches him in the face.
7. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) Where am I?
(b) I love you.
(c) Who are you?
(d) A marriage proposal.
8. What does Raymond's mother do for Iselin?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She stays out of his way.
(c) She manages his every appearance.
(d) She agrees with everything he says.
9. What does he state will happen if the major continues in his attempt at the court-martial?
(a) He will be exiled.
(b) He will be held incommunicado and denied all rights.
(c) He will be murdered.
(d) He will be imprisoned.
10. What compels Marco to give up women?
(a) His desire to find love.
(b) His disturbing dreams.
(c) His realization that he is gay.
(d) Raymond's dislike of all the women.
11. How does Raymond's mother react when he tells her the full story of the major's psychological problems?
(a) She is anxious.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She is upset.
12. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
(a) No one.
(b) An army of photographers and his opportunistic mother.
(c) His mother.
(d) The President of the United States.
13. What does Raymond reveal?
(a) He does not want the award.
(b) He remembers the action that won him the award.
(c) He does not remember the action for which he won the award.
(d) He remembers killing Ed and Bobby.
14. What favor does Shaw mention to his mother?
(a) He would like a raise.
(b) He would like to see Ben Marco promoted to colonel.
(c) He would like to be promoted to colonel.
(d) He would like Ben Marco to receive a raise.
15. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
2. Why does Raymond suggest that Marco force an investigation by initiating his own court-martial and charging himself with falsifying the report that led to Shaw's medal?
3. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
4. Why does Raymond's mother have no regrets?
5. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)