|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the FBI come to do?
(a) Wake Shaw and remind him of his medal ceremony in Washington.
(b) Arrest Shaw in Ed Mavole's murder.
(c) Interrogate Shaw.
(d) Collect Shaw and fly him to Washington ahead of schedule.
2. Shaw does not recognize this person, but after introductions recalls what about this person?
(a) He was his best friend.
(b) He was his patrol's interpreter.
(c) She was his first girlfriend.
(d) She was Marco's girlfriend.
3. Who is O'Neil?
(a) An editor.
(b) The paper's promotion manager.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) Raymond's boss.
4. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
5. What does Iselin become?
(a) An untrustworthy politician.
(b) A weak and unstable politician.
(c) An annoying and irritating man.
(d) A very powerful and feared man.
6. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
(a) He is wealthier than her first husband.
(b) He is more handsome than her first husband.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He has no scruples.
7. What does Raymond's mother do for Iselin?
(a) She agrees with everything he says.
(b) She manages his every appearance.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She stays out of his way.
8. What compels Marco to give up women?
(a) Raymond's dislike of all the women.
(b) His desire to find love.
(c) His disturbing dreams.
(d) His realization that he is gay.
9. What type of conditioning does Dr. Yen Lo and his crew of neuropsychiatrists use to create the perfect assassin?
10. What concerns the public?
(a) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(b) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(c) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(d) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
11. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
(a) He is closest to Marco.
(b) He hates Bobby the most.
(c) He dislikes no one.
(d) He dislikes Ed the least.
12. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) Where am I?
(b) Who are you?
(c) I love you.
(d) A marriage proposal.
13. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
(a) He would forever resent his mother for this scandal.
(b) He never stopped loving his parents.
(c) He would forever resent his father for this scandal.
(d) He would resent both of his parents for this scandal.
14. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
(a) She faints.
(b) She sucks out the poison and treats the wound.
(c) She cries.
(d) She runs for help.
15. What happens to Major Marco's condition?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It no longer exists.
(c) It grows worse.
(d) It improves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two years later, Raymond receives a phone call asking him to do what?
2. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
3. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
4. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
5. While Marco traveled to New York to see Raymond, where was Shaw?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)