|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
(a) His being knocked over by a hit-and-run driver.
(d) Drug addiction.
2. Who is this beautiful woman?
3. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A loud scream.
(b) A crash.
(c) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(d) The telephone ringing.
4. Where does Raymond have lunch with his mother?
(a) In a small cafe.
(b) At her home.
(c) In a park.
(d) At a hotel restaurant.
5. Who wins the fight between Chunjin and Major Marco?
(a) Major Marco.
(b) No one.
(c) They tie.
6. What does this man then give Marco?
(a) A choice.
(c) A job.
(d) A twofold choice.
7. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) Where am I?
(b) A marriage proposal.
(c) Who are you?
(d) I love you.
8. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) He is a Communist.
(b) He trusts Communism.
(c) His wife is a Communist.
(d) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
9. Why can Rosie and Marco now be together?
(a) She is now in love with him.
(b) She is moving to New York.
(c) She has broken up with her fiance.
10. What does Shaw think of Marco using words such as "brainwashing?"
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He does not approve.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He is confused.
11. What does Marco do when he is ordered to sign the document?
(a) He complies.
(b) He refuses.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He does nothing.
12. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
(a) She forces Raymond to leave with her.
(b) She sabotages the couple by telling Jocie's father that Raymond is gay.
(c) She makes Raymond apologize to Jocie.
(d) She tells Raymond that Jocie is gay.
13. What happens when Marco sits by a beautiful woman on a train?
(a) He gets up and switches seats.
(b) He begins to yell at her.
(c) He begins to weep uncontrollably.
(d) He stares at her.
14. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
(a) When she caught him with another woman.
(b) When she is six months pregnant with her second child.
(c) Two years after she married him.
(d) When she is six months pregnant with Raymond.
15. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
(a) A friendship.
(b) A romance.
(c) A fling.
(d) A disagreement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
2. How does the chapter begin?
3. For what was the sanitarium built?
4. What does his mother do when Raymond tells her the story?
5. How does Raymond commit this killing?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)