1. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
The Korean War.
2. Why has a local reporter come by to interview Shaw?
Shaw's heroism has granted him celebrity.
3. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
He did not see him die.
4. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
5. What has the FBI come to do?
Collect Shaw and fly him to Washington ahead of schedule.
This section contains 5,286 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)