|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Meanwhile, what is Raymond's American field handler doing?
(a) Being chased through the streets.
(b) Searching for him.
(c) Meeting with a Soviet colleague in a city cab.
(d) Trying to contact him.
2. As she is speaking, what does Raymond's mother realize about him?
(a) How sad Shaw is.
(b) How much Shaw resembles her own father.
(c) How handsome Shaw is.
(d) How much Shaw resembles his father.
3. Why does Raymond suggest that Marco force an investigation by initiating his own court-martial and charging himself with falsifying the report that led to Shaw's medal?
(a) Marco has been untrustworthy.
(b) This is the only way to make sure their problem cannot be ignored.
(c) Raymond wants Marco to get into trouble.
(d) Raymond is afraid he will get into trouble.
4. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Korean War.
(c) The Gulf War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
5. What is the cover story for Raymond's visit?
(a) His being knocked over by a hit-and-run driver.
(c) Drug addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raymond act when Marco studies him?
2. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
3. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
4. What does the man do who forced Marco to sign the paper?
5. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)