|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Raymond arrives at the house, of what does his mother inform him?
(a) Jocie is no longer coming.
(b) The party has been cancelled.
(c) He must play solitaire.
(d) Jocie's plane ran late, but that she is next door getting dressed for the party.
2. What happens during the first day of ceremonies?
(a) The Iselins are controlling others.
(b) The Iselins abstain from the show floor itself.
(c) The Iselins are very involved in the show floor.
(d) The Iselins are asking citizens to vote for Iselin.
3. Why does Raymond's mother drug herself?
(a) To block out the horror of Jocie's unintended death.
(b) Her son offers them to her.
(c) The Communists have instructed her to take the drugs.
(d) She is an addict.
4. Who is this beautiful woman?
5. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She blackmails him.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(d) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
2. What does Marco do one night?
3. Soon, what does Raymond's mother scheme to announce?
4. As they sip wine, what does Raymond notice about his mother?
5. How does Raymond Shaw dress for the party?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)