|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Iselin solidify his power in the senate?
(a) By leading investigative committees and strong-arming opponents with hints of blackmail.
(b) By doing what his voters ask.
(c) By not listening to his wife.
(d) By being a strong leader.
2. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
(a) An interview with several national newspapers.
(b) A stay in the White House.
(c) A parade in her son's honor.
(d) A dinner with the President.
3. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
(a) Two years after she married him.
(b) When she caught him with another woman.
(c) When she is six months pregnant with her second child.
(d) When she is six months pregnant with Raymond.
4. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(b) The telephone ringing.
(c) A loud scream.
(d) A crash.
5. Why can Rosie and Marco now be together?
(b) She is moving to New York.
(c) She has broken up with her fiance.
(d) She is now in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
2. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
3. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
4. How does Marco change Shaw's whole world?
5. Who is O'Neil?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)