|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns the public?
(a) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
(b) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(c) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(d) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
2. What compels Marco to give up women?
(a) His realization that he is gay.
(b) His desire to find love.
(c) His disturbing dreams.
(d) Raymond's dislike of all the women.
3. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
(a) He was rich and powerful.
(b) He was kind and loving.
(c) She believed she could mold him into an eminently powerful man.
(d) He was very handsome.
4. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
(a) An interview with several national newspapers.
(b) A stay in the White House.
(c) A dinner with the President.
(d) A parade in her son's honor.
5. What does Raymond's mother do for Iselin?
(a) She manages his every appearance.
(b) She stays out of his way.
(c) She agrees with everything he says.
(d) She ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
2. Who does Shaw's American field handler want Raymond to kill?
3. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
4. Where does Shaw's mother shove Senator Johnny Iselin, Raymond's hated stepfather, for a photo op?
5. How does Iselin solidify his power in the senate?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)