|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
(a) She runs for help.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She sucks out the poison and treats the wound.
2. How does Shaw's mother position herself and her husband, when Shaw is presented the Medal of Honor?
(a) In the front row.
(b) Behind Shaw and the President.
(c) In front of Shaw and the President.
(d) Prominently in the photos.
3. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He did not know him.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
(d) He did not see him die.
4. Who gives Raymond Shaw the medal?
(a) His stepfather.
(b) The President of United States.
(c) The Vice President of the United States.
(d) His mother.
5. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
(a) Visiting a brothel.
(b) Shooting at enemy snipers.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Standing guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
2. What has Shaw's mother, the wife of influential senator Johnny Iselin, arranged?
3. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
4. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
5. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)