|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A loud scream.
(b) The telephone ringing.
(c) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
(d) A crash.
2. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
(a) He wants Ed to sound like a hero.
(b) He did not see him die.
(c) He did not know him.
(d) He killed him.
3. What is the first thing out of Raymond's mouth after his own name?
(a) Who are you?
(b) Where am I?
(c) A marriage proposal.
(d) I love you.
4. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
(a) He would forever resent his father for this scandal.
(b) He never stopped loving his parents.
(c) He would forever resent his mother for this scandal.
(d) He would resent both of his parents for this scandal.
5. What has the FBI come to do?
(a) Collect Shaw and fly him to Washington ahead of schedule.
(b) Interrogate Shaw.
(c) Wake Shaw and remind him of his medal ceremony in Washington.
(d) Arrest Shaw in Ed Mavole's murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who greets Shaw at the airport?
2. When the newspapers print the photographs the next day, what is revealed about a banner saying, "JOHNNY ISELIN'S BOY?"
3. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
4. What does the senator tell Jocie about Raymond?
5. How does the chapter begin?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)