|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the newspapers print the photographs the next day, what is revealed about a banner saying, "JOHNNY ISELIN'S BOY?"
(a) It was in front of the President's face.
(b) It was hanging over the President's dog's head.
(c) This banner actually floated over the president himself.
(d) It blocked Shaw from the picture.
2. When does Eleanor Shaw divorce Raymond's father?
(a) When she is six months pregnant with Raymond.
(b) When she caught him with another woman.
(c) Two years after she married him.
(d) When she is six months pregnant with her second child.
3. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) The Gulf War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Korean War.
(d) The Vietnam War.
4. Early the next morning, what interrupts Shaw and the young newspaperwoman in the act of sex?
(a) A crash.
(b) A loud scream.
(c) The telephone ringing.
(d) A sharp and insistent knocking on his hotel room door.
5. What do Raymond and Jocie begin?
(a) A fling.
(b) A friendship.
(c) A disagreement.
(d) A romance.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
2. Why did Raymond's mother choose Shaw for a husband?
3. How old is Raymond when he meets Jocelyn Jordan?
4. What does Raymond's mother like about Iselin?
5. Why does Shaw concoct a story on the spot about Ed Mavole?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)