|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jocelyn do when Raymond has been bitten by a snake?
(a) She sucks out the poison and treats the wound.
(b) She runs for help.
(c) She cries.
(d) She faints.
2. Why does the doctor say Raymond would be the perfect assassin?
(a) He would be accepted everywhere due to his political questions and is susceptible to mental conditioning, because he lacks emotional connections to other people.
(b) He has many friends who would be willing to trust him.
(c) He is already an assassin and would only need to build a new allegiance.
(d) He is good with weaponry and is already a spy for the Chinese.
3. How does Raymond respond when the doctor asks him who he dislikes least among his company?
(a) He dislikes Ed the least.
(b) He hates Bobby the most.
(c) He is closest to Marco.
(d) He dislikes no one.
4. How does Raymond feel about the events surrounding the divorce?
(a) He would forever resent his mother for this scandal.
(b) He would forever resent his father for this scandal.
(c) He would resent both of his parents for this scandal.
(d) He never stopped loving his parents.
5. From where has Raymond Shaw recently returned?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Gulf War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the senator tell Jocie about Raymond?
2. When the newspapers print the photographs the next day, what is revealed about a banner saying, "JOHNNY ISELIN'S BOY?"
3. What happens when Raymond's mother finds out about Raymond and Jocie?
4. In a flashback to the Korean War, what are Ed Mavole and Bobby Lembeck doing?
5. What enters the Iselin home once they are lawfully wed?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)