|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(b) He is a Communist.
(c) He trusts Communism.
(d) His wife is a Communist.
2. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
(a) They tell Raymond's mother.
(b) They meet with the Chinese.
(c) They plot to destroy Raymond.
(d) They tell Raymond's mother to murder him.
3. What does Iselin become?
(a) A very powerful and feared man.
(b) An untrustworthy politician.
(c) A weak and unstable politician.
(d) An annoying and irritating man.
4. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
(a) They argue.
(b) Sneak out of the party and immediately leave town to get married.
(c) They enter the party.
(d) They plot his next murder.
5. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
(a) He wants to be the Secretary of Defense.
(b) He hates the Secretary of Defense.
(c) He has a list of two hundred and seven Communists working in the Defense Department.
(d) He is a Communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
2. The next day, what does the FBI do to Marco?
3. What concerns the public?
4. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
5. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)