|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She blackmails him.
(d) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
2. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
(a) He cannot remember what his wife has told him to say.
(b) His wife tells him to admit to being a Communist.
(c) During a meeting with the President.
(d) During one drunken speech before the Senate.
3. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
(a) They tell Raymond's mother to murder him.
(b) They tell Raymond's mother.
(c) They meet with the Chinese.
(d) They plot to destroy Raymond.
4. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He faints.
(b) He screams.
(c) He gasps.
(d) He pounds the table in fury.
5. What concerns the public?
(a) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(b) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
(c) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(d) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
2. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
3. What does Iselin become?
4. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
5. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)