|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
(b) She misses him.
(c) She blackmails him.
(d) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
2. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He pounds the table in fury.
(b) He gasps.
(c) He screams.
(d) He faints.
3. What concerns the public?
(a) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
(b) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
(c) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(d) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
4. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
(a) It gets him jail time.
(b) It makes him an instant celebrity.
(c) It reveals how many enemies he has.
(d) It causes others to dislike him.
5. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
(a) They tell Raymond's mother.
(b) They tell Raymond's mother to murder him.
(c) They plot to destroy Raymond.
(d) They meet with the Chinese.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
2. The next day, what does the FBI do to Marco?
3. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
4. What does Iselin become?
5. What does Marco ask Rosie?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)