|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
(a) They plot his next murder.
(b) Sneak out of the party and immediately leave town to get married.
(c) They enter the party.
(d) They argue.
2. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
(b) She interrupts their argument.
(c) She panics to discover he has left the library.
(d) She is happy to find him missing.
3. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He screams.
(b) He pounds the table in fury.
(c) He gasps.
(d) He faints.
4. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
(a) It gets him jail time.
(b) It causes others to dislike him.
(c) It makes him an instant celebrity.
(d) It reveals how many enemies he has.
5. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
(a) He cannot remember what his wife has told him to say.
(b) During a meeting with the President.
(c) During one drunken speech before the Senate.
(d) His wife tells him to admit to being a Communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iselin become?
2. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
3. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
4. Who is Amjac?
5. What does Raymond decide to do when he becomes furious?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)