|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
(a) He wants to be the Secretary of Defense.
(b) He is a Communist.
(c) He hates the Secretary of Defense.
(d) He has a list of two hundred and seven Communists working in the Defense Department.
2. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
(a) They plot to destroy Raymond.
(b) They tell Raymond's mother to murder him.
(c) They meet with the Chinese.
(d) They tell Raymond's mother.
3. What does Colonel Marco gains the opportunity to submit?
(a) A form to be given another promotion.
(b) An official protest to his various promotions and dissociate himself from Iselin.
(c) A letter to the President, thanking him for his promotions.
(d) A note to Raymond to help him rid himself of his promotions.
4. What do Raymond and Jocie do?
(a) They argue.
(b) They enter the party.
(c) They plot his next murder.
(d) Sneak out of the party and immediately leave town to get married.
5. What concerns the public?
(a) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(b) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(c) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
(d) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
2. What does Marco ask Rosie?
3. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
4. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
5. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)