|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond decide to do when he becomes furious?
(a) To kill his mother and stepfather.
(b) To beat up his stepfather and shave his mother's head.
(c) To become unprogrammed.
(d) To never speak to his mother or stepfather again.
2. Meanwhile, at the party, what does Raymond's mother do regarding Raymond?
(a) She is happy to find him missing.
(b) She interrupts their argument.
(c) She greets him and Jocie as they enter.
(d) She panics to discover he has left the library.
3. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
(a) He has a list of two hundred and seven Communists working in the Defense Department.
(b) He is a Communist.
(c) He wants to be the Secretary of Defense.
(d) He hates the Secretary of Defense.
4. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
(a) His fits of crying.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His childhood.
(d) His dreams.
5. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
(a) His wife is a Communist.
(b) There is one Communist at the highest level of the DoD.
(c) He trusts Communism.
(d) He is a Communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
2. What concerns the public?
3. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
4. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
5. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)