|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
(a) She tells him she wants to congratulate him on his marriage.
(b) She offers her son a "leaked" story for the press.
(c) She blackmails him.
(d) She misses him.
2. What concerns the public?
(a) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(b) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(c) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
(d) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
3. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His feelings.
(c) His fits of crying.
(d) His childhood.
4. Immediately upon Raymond's arrival in his mother's office, what does she do?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Offers him a drink.
(c) Tells him he is an assassin.
(d) Tells him to play solitaire.
5. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He faints.
(b) He pounds the table in fury.
(c) He screams.
(d) He gasps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iselin become?
2. When does Johnny begin to struggle?
3. Who is Amjac?
4. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
5. What do the Soviets do when word of the wedding reaches them?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)