|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns the public?
(a) That there are no Communists in the Defense Department.
(b) That Iselin was allowed in the Secretary of Defense's meeting.
(c) That Iselin cannot keep the number of Communists straight.
(d) That there are Communists in the Defense Department.
2. What does this proclamation do to Iselin?
(a) It reveals how many enemies he has.
(b) It makes him an instant celebrity.
(c) It causes others to dislike him.
(d) It gets him jail time.
3. How does Marco react when he learns he has been propelled to an even higher rank against his will?
(a) He pounds the table in fury.
(b) He faints.
(c) He gasps.
(d) He screams.
4. Senator John Iselin sneaks into a regularly scheduled press conference given by the Secretary of Defense, and very loudly proclaims what?
(a) He has a list of two hundred and seven Communists working in the Defense Department.
(b) He wants to be the Secretary of Defense.
(c) He is a Communist.
(d) He hates the Secretary of Defense.
5. About what does Marco tell Rosie?
(a) His feelings.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His fits of crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Iselin become?
2. What does Raymond decide to do when he becomes furious?
3. At one point, what does Mrs. Iselin tell her husband to say?
4. How does Raymond's mother get him to agree to meet her for lunch the next day?
5. What does Marco ask Rosie?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)