|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
2. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
3. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
4. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
5. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
2. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
3. What does Henry tell More when they are together alone in More's garden?
4. Why is Alice so angry with her husband when she visits him in prison?
5. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
6. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
7. Why is More opposed to the divorce of King Henry?
8. What does Chapuys say will happen if Henry is allowed to divorce Catherine?
9. What does More say when Henry asks him if he has thought about the divorce since their last meeting?
10. What does the steward say about Rich after asking him for a job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What did Chapuys learn about himself from his confrontations with Thomas More? How did the interaction with More cause Chapuys to change?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Margaret and Will and how they affected the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)