|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
2. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
3. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
4. Where was More when he could not be found?
5. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
2. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
3. Why does More say he doesn't fear to stand before Cromwell at Hampton Court?
4. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
5. What does Alice say Norfolk hinted about while talking with her?
6. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
7. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
8. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
9. Where does the Common Man say Rich died, and what are his feelings about this?
10. Why was the new church established?
Essay Topic 1
More endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Marriage and divorce were two huge and interlocking themes of this play. How were these themes presented, and which characters were most affected by them?
Essay Topic 3
What were the titles given to the two acts in this play? What significance did this have to the plot?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)