|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
2. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
3. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
4. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
5. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
2. Why was the new church established?
3. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
4. What does More say when Norfolk begs him in the Tower to sign the Act of Succession?
5. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
6. What do Norfolk and Alice talk about when they come on the scene for the first time?
7. Where does the Common Man say Rich died, and what are his feelings about this?
8. What does Alice want More to do when she sees Will leaving, and what is More's response?
9. According to Chapuys, what has the divorce caused the church? What does he want done about it?
10. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, and it is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)