|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
2. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
3. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
4. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
5. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
2. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
3. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
4. Why does More not fear negative consequences from the King after his resignation?
5. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
6. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
7. Why is Alice so angry with her husband when she visits him in prison?
8. What warning does Wolsey give More before they end their meeting?
9. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
10. What is said in the first lines of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
King Henry was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this when he only appeared once? What are some ways that his brief presence altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if the King had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,258 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)