Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
2. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
3. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
5. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
2. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
3. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
4. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
5. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
6. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
7. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
8. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
9. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
10. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
Essay Topic 1
King Henry was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this when he only appeared once? What are some ways that his brief presence altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if the King had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What were the titles given to the two acts in this play? What significance did this have to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
More endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)