|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of More's daughter?
2. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
3. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
4. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
5. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
2. What does More say to the Headsman just before he is executed?
3. According to Chapuys, what has the divorce caused the church? What does he want done about it?
4. What does Rich say when he is put on the witness stand, and what is More's reaction to this?
5. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
6. What does Will tell More after he insults Norfolk by the river?
7. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
8. What does the steward say about Rich after asking him for a job?
9. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
10. What do Norfolk and Alice talk about when they come on the scene for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Margaret and Will and how they affected the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
King Henry was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this when he only appeared once? What are some ways that his brief presence altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if the King had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)