|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
2. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
3. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
4. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
5. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
2. What does More's steward tell Chapuys about More since he became Chancellor?
3. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
4. What does the steward say about Rich after asking him for a job?
5. What did Bolt say More had the ability to do that most people do not?
6. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
7. What did Bolt intend for the Common Man in his play to represent?
8. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
9. What does More tell his wife he will do now that he has resigned as the Chancellor?
10. Why does Will say he is worthy of marrying Margaraet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Margaret and Will and how they affected the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)