|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
2. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
3. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
4. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
5. What is the name of More's Steward?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does More respond to the complaints of the boatman?
2. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
3. Why does the jailer apologize to More after his family leaves?
4. What does More tell his wife he will do now that he has resigned as the Chancellor?
5. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
6. How does Rich feel about More's suggestion that he be a teacher, and why does he feel this way?
7. What has Cromwell learned from reading Machiavelli?
8. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
9. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
10. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Margaret and Will and how they affected the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)