Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
2. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
3. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
5. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
2. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
3. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
4. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
5. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
6. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
7. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
8. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
9. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
10. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
What did Chapuys learn about himself from his confrontations with Thomas More? How did the interaction with More cause Chapuys to change?
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)