|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
2. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
3. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
4. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
5. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
2. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
3. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
4. What does More say when Norfolk begs him in the Tower to sign the Act of Succession?
5. What did Bolt intend for the Common Man in his play to represent?
6. What does Rich say when he is put on the witness stand, and what is More's reaction to this?
7. What does More's steward tell Chapuys about More since he became Chancellor?
8. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
9. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
10. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, and it is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas More's fatal flaw was his undying moral integrity. How did he show this trait? Why would this have been considered a flaw by literary critics?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)