|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
2. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
3. What is Chapuys's occupation?
4. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
5. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
2. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
3. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
4. What has Cromwell learned from reading Machiavelli?
5. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
6. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
7. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
8. What does Rich say when he is put on the witness stand, and what is More's reaction to this?
9. What does More tell his wife he will do now that he has resigned as the Chancellor?
10. What does More's steward tell Chapuys about More since he became Chancellor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
Rich and Cromwell are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Robert Bolt trying to send with these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Margaret and Will and how they affected the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)