|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
2. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
3. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
4. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
5. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does More say when Norfolk begs him in the Tower to sign the Act of Succession?
2. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
3. What did Bolt intend for the Common Man in his play to represent?
4. What do Norfolk and Alice talk about when they come on the scene for the first time?
5. What does More's steward say to the audience about the information he gave the men in Scene 6?
6. How does Rich feel about More's suggestion that he be a teacher, and why does he feel this way?
7. What does Chapuys say will happen if Henry is allowed to divorce Catherine?
8. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
9. Why was the new church established?
10. Why does More say he doesn't fear to stand before Cromwell at Hampton Court?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Chapuys learn about himself from his confrontations with Thomas More? How did the interaction with More cause Chapuys to change?
Essay Topic 2
Marriage and divorce were two huge and interlocking themes of this play. How were these themes presented, and which characters were most affected by them?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Margaret and Will and how they affected the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)