|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of More's daughter?
2. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
3. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
4. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
5. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cromwell say will happen to More if he does not bless the King's marriage to Anne?
2. What does Will tell More after he insults Norfolk by the river?
3. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
4. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
5. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
6. What has Cromwell learned from reading Machiavelli?
7. How does Bolt say people speak, and what does he say the problem is with this?
8. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
9. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
10. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book, and it is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 1,265 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)