|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
2. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
3. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
4. What is the name of More's wife?
5. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
2. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
3. Why is Alice so angry with her husband when she visits him in prison?
4. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
5. Why is More opposed to the divorce of King Henry?
6. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
7. Why does the jailer apologize to More after his family leaves?
8. Why does More not fear negative consequences from the King after his resignation?
9. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
10. How does More's steward validate the money he made by giving information about More?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of the Common Man in this plot, and how did this affect the overall tone of the play?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)