|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
2. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
3. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
4. What is the name of More's Steward?
5. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice say Norfolk hinted about while talking with her?
2. According to Chapuys, what has the divorce caused the church? What does he want done about it?
3. What does Henry tell More when they are together alone in More's garden?
4. Why does More say he doesn't fear to stand before Cromwell at Hampton Court?
5. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
6. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
7. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
8. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
9. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
10. What is said in the first lines of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of the Common Man in this plot, and how did this affect the overall tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
What were the titles given to the two acts in this play? What significance did this have to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key points of More's last great speech, and how has this speech affected his place in history?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)