|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
2. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
4. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
5. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main change in England at the beginning of Act 2?
2. What does More say when Henry asks him if he has thought about the divorce since their last meeting?
3. What did Bolt say More had the ability to do that most people do not?
4. Where does the Common Man say Rich died, and what are his feelings about this?
5. Why does More say he doesn't fear to stand before Cromwell at Hampton Court?
6. How does More's steward validate the money he made by giving information about More?
7. What does Chapuys say will happen if Henry is allowed to divorce Catherine?
8. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
9. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
10. What does Cromwell compare More to when discussing how to trap him with Rich?
Essay Topic 1
What were the titles given to the two acts in this play? What significance did this have to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)