|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
2. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
3. What does the surprise visitor show Margaret to prove his skill?
4. What did Wolsey die of?
5. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
2. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
3. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
4. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
5. What does More say to the Headsman just before he is executed?
6. What does Chapuys say will happen if Henry is allowed to divorce Catherine?
7. What does More's steward tell Chapuys about More since he became Chancellor?
8. What does Rich say would cause him to reveal Cromwell's new job, and how does Cromwell respond to this answer?
9. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
10. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)