|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
2. What did Wolsey die of?
3. What is Cromwell's first name?
4. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
5. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said in the first lines of Act 2?
2. What does Chapuys say will happen if Henry is allowed to divorce Catherine?
3. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
4. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
5. What does Rich say would cause him to reveal Cromwell's new job, and how does Cromwell respond to this answer?
6. Why was the new church established?
7. How does More's steward validate the money he made by giving information about More?
8. What does Alice want More to do when she sees Will leaving, and what is More's response?
9. Why is More opposed to the divorce of King Henry?
10. What is the main change in England at the beginning of Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of the Common Man in this plot, and how did this affect the overall tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different phases of the relationship between Margaret and Will and how they affected the course of the plot for the other characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key points of More's last great speech, and how has this speech affected his place in history?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)