|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
2. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
3. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
4. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
5. What is Cromwell's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Norfolk and Alice talk about when they come on the scene for the first time?
2. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
3. What does Alice want More to do when she sees Will leaving, and what is More's response?
4. Why is More opposed to the divorce of King Henry?
5. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
6. Where does the Common Man say Rich died, and what are his feelings about this?
7. What does the steward say about Rich after asking him for a job?
8. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
9. What does Cromwell compare More to when discussing how to trap him with Rich?
10. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
Essay Topic 1
Thomas More's fatal flaw was his undying moral integrity. How did he show this trait? Why would this have been considered a flaw by literary critics?
Essay Topic 2
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Marriage and divorce were two huge and interlocking themes of this play. How were these themes presented, and which characters were most affected by them?
This section contains 1,187 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)