|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
2. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
3. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
4. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
5. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
2. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
3. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
4. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
5. What does More's steward say to the audience about the information he gave the men in Scene 6?
6. What do Norfolk and Alice talk about when they come on the scene for the first time?
7. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
8. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
9. Why does More say he doesn't fear to stand before Cromwell at Hampton Court?
10. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What did Chapuys learn about himself from his confrontations with Thomas More? How did the interaction with More cause Chapuys to change?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas More's fatal flaw was his undying moral integrity. How did he show this trait? Why would this have been considered a flaw by literary critics?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)