|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
2. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
3. What is the title of More's wife?
4. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
5. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice say Norfolk hinted about while talking with her?
2. Why does Will say he is worthy of marrying Margaraet?
3. What did Bolt say More had the ability to do that most people do not?
4. According to Chapuys, what has the divorce caused the church? What does he want done about it?
5. What does Wolsey tell More he must do before he can be a great statesman?
6. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
7. What does More say when Henry asks him if he has thought about the divorce since their last meeting?
8. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
9. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
10. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
More endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key points of More's last great speech, and how has this speech affected his place in history?
Essay Topic 3
What were the titles given to the two acts in this play? What significance did this have to the plot?
This section contains 1,251 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)