|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the new church created?
(a) To allow Henry his divorce.
(b) To be of convenience to the Parliament.
(c) To make a powerful statement.
(d) All of these.
2. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
(a) Controlling the smoke from a chimney.
(b) Directing the flames of a fire.
(c) Explaining the flavor of salt.
(d) Holding water in your hands.
3. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(a) The Common Man.
4. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
(b) If the bishops side with the King.
(c) If Henry gets his divorce.
(d) If he is called as a witness.
5. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Rebel Cause.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Lutheran Sect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
2. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
3. What does More say his refusal to sign the oath is a matter of when talking to Margaret?
4. What does Chapuys offer More before leaving the house with his attendant?
5. What created the new church?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)