|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are put in prison.
(c) They are sent to outerlying cities.
(d) They are allowed their beliefs.
2. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
(b) Modern culture.
(d) Scriptural accounts.
3. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
(a) All of these.
(b) A hardship.
(c) A difficult choice.
(d) The road less travelled.
4. How did More say he helped in the creation of "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) He changed the poor grammar.
(b) He edited it.
(c) He answered questions.
(d) He was the scribe.
5. What is Norfolk's title?
6. What created the new church?
(a) A Royal Dictate.
(b) A Petition of the State.
(c) A Papal Decree.
(d) An act of Parliament.
7. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
8. Who records the conversation between Cromwell and More?
9. What does Norfolk call More when they talk after his meeting with Cromwell?
(a) A fool.
(b) A heretic.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A rebel.
10. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The nation of England.
(c) None of these.
(d) The alliance with Spain.
11. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(a) The bishops.
(b) Thomas More.
(c) King Henry.
12. How does Cromwell die?
(a) He drowns in the river.
(b) He dies of consumption.
(c) He is stabbed in the back.
(d) He is executed for treason.
13. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
(a) The Rebel Cause.
(b) The Lutheran Sect.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Church of England.
14. Why does More agree that Anne's children are the heirs to the throne?
(a) He believes it is fair.
(b) It is now written in law.
(c) Catherine has no living children.
(d) All of these.
15. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Lutheran Sect.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Protestant Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More say the Bible states silence is a sign of at his trial?
2. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
3. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
4. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
5. Who reads the case against More?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)