|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Richard Rich.
(c) The Maid of Kent.
3. What does More tell Marget to do when she leaves him in the tower?
(a) Leave London.
(b) Sign the Act herself.
(c) Change her name and appearance.
(d) Protect her mother.
4. Where does the Common Man get the letter he reads when he is the jailer?
(a) It is brought by a messenger.
(b) It is in his pocket.
(c) It falls from the sky.
(d) He finds it on the ground.
5. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
(c) Inn keepers.
6. What does Chapuys think will send a message of resistance?
(a) More's resignation.
(b) More public riots.
(c) Catherine's public announcement.
(d) Some public executions.
7. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
(a) A difficult choice.
(b) A hardship.
(c) All of these.
(d) The road less travelled.
8. What does Rich apologize to Cromwell about after Norfolk is told of the bribe?
(a) For not being clear about More's intention with the bribe.
(b) Forgetting that Norfolk was present when the bribe was given.
(c) For not keeping the cup as evidence.
(d) For not being able to keep More's trust.
9. Who reads the case against More?
(d) The Common Man.
10. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
(a) His eye color.
(b) His complexion.
(c) His name.
(d) His age.
11. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
12. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
13. Who introduces Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Common Man.
(d) The Plebian.
14. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
(a) Explaining the flavor of salt.
(b) Holding water in your hands.
(c) Directing the flames of a fire.
(d) Controlling the smoke from a chimney.
15. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) All of these.
(b) Loss of stature.
(d) Fear of Pain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who records the conversation between Cromwell and More?
2. What did Henry die of?
3. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
4. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
5. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)