|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
2. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The reputation of the church.
(b) The status of the nation.
(c) The health of his family.
(d) The affects on his friends.
3. Where is More's trial held?
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Hampton Court.
(d) Paddington Square.
4. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
5. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
6. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(a) King Henry.
(b) The bishops.
(d) Thomas More.
7. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Rebel Cause.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Lutheran Sect.
8. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
9. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
(a) When Norfolk questions him.
(b) When his charges are read.
(c) When he sees Rich.
(d) When he is on the stand.
10. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(d) The Common Man.
11. Why was the new church created?
(a) To allow Henry his divorce.
(b) To be of convenience to the Parliament.
(c) To make a powerful statement.
(d) All of these.
12. How did More say he helped in the creation of "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) He answered questions.
(b) He was the scribe.
(c) He changed the poor grammar.
(d) He edited it.
13. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If Henry gets his divorce.
(b) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
(c) If he is called as a witness.
(d) If the bishops side with the King.
14. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Lutheran Sect.
(c) The Protestant Church.
(d) The Roman Catholic Church.
15. What makes up the jury at More's trial?
(a) Chapuys and his attendants.
(b) Faceless men.
(c) The hats of the Common Man.
(d) The Common Man alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
2. What does More do when Norfolk talks to him after his exchange with Cromwell?
3. How does Norfolk think the King should handle More's resignation?
4. What is Norfolk's title?
5. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)