|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Henry die of?
(c) The plague.
2. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
3. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
(a) The Act of Institution.
(b) The Act of Creation.
(c) The Act of Heresy.
(d) The Act of Supremacy.
4. After talking to Norfolk by the river, More says that man's natural inclination is ____________________.
(a) To be true to himself.
(b) To find companionship.
(c) To seek enlightenment.
(d) To avoid harm.
5. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
(a) His eye color.
(b) His age.
(c) His complexion.
(d) His name.
6. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
(a) They would look like fools.
(b) There is not time for that.
(c) It would be too public.
(d) There is no evidence.
7. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(b) Richard Rich.
(c) King Henry.
(d) The Maid of Kent.
8. How does Norfolk think the King should handle More's resignation?
(a) He should send him to Rome.
(b) He should imprison him.
(c) He should leave him alone.
(d) He should force him back into service.
9. What does Norfolk call More when they talk after his meeting with Cromwell?
(a) A rebel.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A fool.
(d) A heretic.
10. What is Chapuys's complaint about More's house after his resignation?
(a) It is dark.
(b) It is cold.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is lonely.
11. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
12. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
13. Why was the new church created?
(a) To allow Henry his divorce.
(b) To be of convenience to the Parliament.
(c) All of these.
(d) To make a powerful statement.
14. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Vicar of the Church.
(d) His prayers.
15. Who has prepared a feast for More while he is in prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
2. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
3. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
4. What does Norfolk tell Cromwell he wants no part in when they are discussing More's resignation?
5. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)