|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
(a) Thomas More.
(b) King Henry.
(c) Chancellor Cromwell.
(d) The Pope.
2. What does Cromwell compare More's silence to at his trial?
(a) Blaspheming God.
(b) Killing a child.
(c) Witnessing a murder.
(d) Defaming the King.
3. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
(a) He already knows them.
(b) He likes the new church.
(c) He doesn't know if they are really alone.
(d) He fears the legal ramifications.
4. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) A Stalwart Soul.
(b) The Defender of the Faith.
(c) A Perjured Conscience.
(d) A Friend of the Church.
5. What does More do when Norfolk talks to him after his exchange with Cromwell?
(a) Blesses him.
(b) Embraces him.
(c) Strikes him.
(d) Insults him.
6. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) Richard Rich.
(c) King Henry.
(d) The Maid of Kent.
7. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
(a) The Act of Heresy.
(b) The Act of Creation.
(c) The Act of Institution.
(d) The Act of Supremacy.
8. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(b) The Common Man.
9. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
(a) Member of Parliament.
(d) Secretary of State.
10. Who reads the case against More?
(a) The Common Man.
11. What does More say to Chapuys about other people's thoughts about his beliefs?
(a) They are all mistaken.
(b) They are guessed at.
(c) They are well known.
(d) They are vicious rumors.
12. Who has prepared a feast for More while he is in prison?
13. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
(a) The Vicar of the Church.
(b) His prayers.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Bible.
14. What is Norfolk's title?
15. How did More say he helped in the creation of "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) He was the scribe.
(b) He edited it.
(c) He answered questions.
(d) He changed the poor grammar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More say his refusal to sign the oath is a matter of when talking to Margaret?
2. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
3. What did Henry die of?
4. Where is More's trial held?
5. Why does More agree that Anne's children are the heirs to the throne?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)