|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Member of Parliament.
2. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(d) The Common Man.
3. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
(a) His prayers.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Vicar of the Church.
(d) The Pope.
4. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If he is called as a witness.
(b) If the bishops side with the King.
(c) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
(d) If Henry gets his divorce.
5. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
6. Who reads the case against More?
(d) The Common Man.
7. What does Chapuys think will send a message of resistance?
(a) Catherine's public announcement.
(b) More's resignation.
(c) Some public executions.
(d) More public riots.
8. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
(a) The Lutheran Sect.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Rebel Cause.
(d) The Church of England.
9. What is Norfolk's title?
10. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) Loss of stature.
(c) Fear of Pain.
(d) All of these.
11. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
12. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) The Defender of the Faith.
(b) A Stalwart Soul.
(c) A Perjured Conscience.
(d) A Friend of the Church.
13. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
14. Where is More's trial held?
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) Paddington Square.
(d) Hampton Court.
15. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
(a) None of these.
(b) The nation of England.
(c) The alliance with Spain.
(d) The Catholic Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norfolk think the King should handle More's resignation?
2. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
3. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
4. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
5. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)