|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes up the jury at More's trial?
(a) Chapuys and his attendants.
(b) Faceless men.
(c) The hats of the Common Man.
(d) The Common Man alone.
2. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
(a) The road less travelled.
(b) A difficult choice.
(c) All of these.
(d) A hardship.
3. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
4. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
(b) If the bishops side with the King.
(c) If Henry gets his divorce.
(d) If he is called as a witness.
5. After talking to Norfolk by the river, More says that man's natural inclination is ____________________.
(a) To seek enlightenment.
(b) To find companionship.
(c) To avoid harm.
(d) To be true to himself.
6. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
(c) Inn keepers.
7. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
8. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) All of these.
(b) Loss of stature.
(d) Fear of Pain.
9. In what year does Act 2, Scene1 start?
10. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
(a) The Act of Institution.
(b) The Act of Creation.
(c) The Act of Supremacy.
(d) The Act of Heresy.
11. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
(a) A declaration.
(b) A decoration.
(c) A declination.
(d) A degradation.
12. What is Chapuys's complaint about More's house after his resignation?
(a) It is lonely.
(b) It is unclean.
(c) It is cold.
(d) It is dark.
13. What does Rich apologize to Cromwell about after Norfolk is told of the bribe?
(a) Forgetting that Norfolk was present when the bribe was given.
(b) For not being clear about More's intention with the bribe.
(c) For not being able to keep More's trust.
(d) For not keeping the cup as evidence.
14. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
15. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
(a) When his charges are read.
(b) When Norfolk questions him.
(c) When he is on the stand.
(d) When he sees Rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
2. Why was the new church created?
3. Who introduces Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Where does the Common Man get the letter he reads when he is the jailer?
5. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)