|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who records the conversation between Cromwell and More?
2. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
(b) Modern culture.
(c) Scriptural accounts.
3. Why is More afraid to take charitable money when he is poor?
(a) He is hoping to die a martyr.
(b) He is proud and will not take help.
(c) He has never accepted bribes.
(d) He doesn't want it to look like a payment.
4. What does More say his refusal to sign the oath is a matter of when talking to Margaret?
5. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
(a) The alliance with Spain.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) None of these.
(d) The nation of England.
6. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are allowed their beliefs.
(c) They are put in prison.
(d) They are sent to outerlying cities.
7. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
(a) The Bishop of Rome.
(b) The heretic.
(c) That man.
(d) His Honor.
8. Where is More's trial held?
(a) The Tower of London.
(c) Paddington Square.
(d) Hampton Court.
9. What makes up the jury at More's trial?
(a) Chapuys and his attendants.
(b) The hats of the Common Man.
(c) The Common Man alone.
(d) Faceless men.
10. Why does More agree that Anne's children are the heirs to the throne?
(a) Catherine has no living children.
(b) It is now written in law.
(c) He believes it is fair.
(d) All of these.
11. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 1 year.
12. What does More say the Bible states silence is a sign of at his trial?
13. What does More say he does not plan to enter easily?
(c) Dishonest paths.
14. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Lutheran Sect.
(b) The Protestant Church.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Church of England.
15. What created the new church?
(a) An act of Parliament.
(b) A Royal Dictate.
(c) A Papal Decree.
(d) A Petition of the State.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Common Man get the letter he reads when he is the jailer?
2. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
3. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
4. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
5. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)