|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
2. Where does the Common Man get the letter he reads when he is the jailer?
(a) It is brought by a messenger.
(b) It is in his pocket.
(c) It falls from the sky.
(d) He finds it on the ground.
3. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
(a) Secretary of State.
(c) Member of Parliament.
4. What does More tell Marget to do when she leaves him in the tower?
(a) Sign the Act herself.
(b) Protect her mother.
(c) Change her name and appearance.
(d) Leave London.
5. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Chancellor Cromwell.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Thomas More.
6. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
(a) All of these.
(b) The road less travelled.
(c) A difficult choice.
(d) A hardship.
7. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are deported.
(c) They are tortured.
(d) They are executed.
8. Who reads the case against More?
(d) The Common Man.
9. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) The Defender of the Faith.
(b) A Friend of the Church.
(c) A Stalwart Soul.
(d) A Perjured Conscience.
10. What did Henry die of?
(a) The plague.
11. What does Chapuys offer More before leaving the house with his attendant?
(a) Some money.
(b) A royal summons.
(c) A letter.
(d) A boarding on a ship.
12. Where is More's trial held?
(a) Paddington Square.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Hampton Court.
13. What does Norfolk call More when they talk after his meeting with Cromwell?
(a) A rebel.
(b) An idiot.
(c) A fool.
(d) A heretic.
14. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
(a) His skin tone.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His hair style.
15. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
(a) There is no evidence.
(b) There is not time for that.
(c) They would look like fools.
(d) It would be too public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
2. What does More say he does not plan to enter easily?
3. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
4. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
5. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)