|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chapuys's complaint about More's house after his resignation?
(a) It is dark.
(b) It is cold.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is lonely.
2. What did Henry die of?
(d) The plague.
3. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are tortured.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are imprisoned.
4. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
(a) He likes the new church.
(b) He doesn't know if they are really alone.
(c) He fears the legal ramifications.
(d) He already knows them.
5. What makes up the jury at More's trial?
(a) Faceless men.
(b) The hats of the Common Man.
(c) The Common Man alone.
(d) Chapuys and his attendants.
6. What does More say to Chapuys about other people's thoughts about his beliefs?
(a) They are all mistaken.
(b) They are guessed at.
(c) They are vicious rumors.
(d) They are well known.
7. How did More say he helped in the creation of "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) He was the scribe.
(b) He changed the poor grammar.
(c) He edited it.
(d) He answered questions.
8. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
(b) Inn keepers.
9. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are put in prison.
(c) They are allowed their beliefs.
(d) They are sent to outerlying cities.
10. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
(a) King Henry.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Thomas More.
(d) Chancellor Cromwell.
11. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
12. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(b) The bishops.
(c) King Henry.
(d) Thomas More.
13. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
(a) They would look like fools.
(b) It would be too public.
(c) There is no evidence.
(d) There is not time for that.
14. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) A Stalwart Soul.
(b) A Perjured Conscience.
(c) The Defender of the Faith.
(d) A Friend of the Church.
15. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More tell Marget to do when she leaves him in the tower?
2. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
3. Who reads the case against More?
4. How does Norfolk think the King should handle More's resignation?
5. Where is More's trial held?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)