|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does More do when Norfolk talks to him after his exchange with Cromwell?
(a) Embraces him.
(b) Blesses him.
(c) Insults him.
(d) Strikes him.
2. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
(c) Scriptural accounts.
(d) Modern culture.
3. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The reputation of the church.
(b) The health of his family.
(c) The status of the nation.
(d) The affects on his friends.
4. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
5. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
(a) His skin tone.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His hair style.
6. How does Cromwell die?
(a) He drowns in the river.
(b) He is executed for treason.
(c) He is stabbed in the back.
(d) He dies of consumption.
7. In what year does Act 2, Scene1 start?
8. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) A Stalwart Soul.
(b) The Defender of the Faith.
(c) A Perjured Conscience.
(d) A Friend of the Church.
9. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
(a) The Act of Institution.
(b) The Act of Heresy.
(c) The Act of Creation.
(d) The Act of Supremacy.
10. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(b) Richard Rich.
(c) King Henry.
(d) The Maid of Kent.
11. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Protestant Church.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Lutheran Sect.
12. Who introduces Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Plebian.
(c) The Common Man.
13. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
(a) They would look like fools.
(b) There is no evidence.
(c) There is not time for that.
(d) It would be too public.
14. Why is More afraid to take charitable money when he is poor?
(a) He is proud and will not take help.
(b) He is hoping to die a martyr.
(c) He doesn't want it to look like a payment.
(d) He has never accepted bribes.
15. Where is More's trial held?
(a) Paddington Square.
(b) Hampton Court.
(d) The Tower of London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
2. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
3. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
4. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
5. What does Chapuys think will send a message of resistance?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)