|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
(a) Member of Parliament.
(c) Secretary of State.
2. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
(a) His hair style.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His skin tone.
(d) His clothes.
3. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are sent to outerlying cities.
(b) They are put in prison.
(c) They are deported.
(d) They are allowed their beliefs.
4. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
5. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
(a) His age.
(b) His name.
(c) His complexion.
(d) His eye color.
6. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) Richard Rich.
(b) The Maid of Kent.
(d) King Henry.
7. What does More say to Chapuys about other people's thoughts about his beliefs?
(a) They are vicious rumors.
(b) They are guessed at.
(c) They are well known.
(d) They are all mistaken.
8. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The status of the nation.
(b) The reputation of the church.
(c) The health of his family.
(d) The affects on his friends.
9. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
(a) The Vicar of the Church.
(b) The Bible.
(c) His prayers.
(d) The Pope.
10. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) A Perjured Conscience.
(b) A Friend of the Church.
(c) A Stalwart Soul.
(d) The Defender of the Faith.
11. What does More say the Bible states silence is a sign of at his trial?
12. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 3 years.
13. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
14. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
15. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
(a) A hardship.
(b) A difficult choice.
(c) The road less travelled.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Norfolk think the King should handle More's resignation?
2. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
3. What does Chapuys offer More before leaving the house with his attendant?
4. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
5. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)