|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rich apologize to Cromwell about after Norfolk is told of the bribe?
(a) For not being able to keep More's trust.
(b) Forgetting that Norfolk was present when the bribe was given.
(c) For not keeping the cup as evidence.
(d) For not being clear about More's intention with the bribe.
2. What created the new church?
(a) A Papal Decree.
(b) A Petition of the State.
(c) An act of Parliament.
(d) A Royal Dictate.
3. What is Norfolk's title?
4. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
(a) A hardship.
(b) All of these.
(c) A difficult choice.
(d) The road less travelled.
5. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(b) The Common Man.
6. Why was the new church created?
(a) To make a powerful statement.
(b) To be of convenience to the Parliament.
(c) All of these.
(d) To allow Henry his divorce.
7. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
(a) The Rebel Cause.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Lutheran Sect.
8. After talking to Norfolk by the river, More says that man's natural inclination is ____________________.
(a) To seek enlightenment.
(b) To find companionship.
(c) To be true to himself.
(d) To avoid harm.
9. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
10. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
11. What does Norfolk call More when they talk after his meeting with Cromwell?
(a) A rebel.
(b) A fool.
(c) A heretic.
(d) An idiot.
12. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) Loss of stature.
(c) All of these.
(d) Fear of Pain.
13. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
14. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His skin tone.
(d) His hair style.
15. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If the bishops side with the King.
(b) If Henry gets his divorce.
(c) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
(d) If he is called as a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
2. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
3. What does More say he does not plan to enter easily?
4. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
5. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)