|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes up the jury at More's trial?
(a) Faceless men.
(b) Chapuys and his attendants.
(c) The hats of the Common Man.
(d) The Common Man alone.
2. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
3. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
(a) His Honor.
(b) That man.
(c) The Bishop of Rome.
(d) The heretic.
4. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
(a) Some money.
(b) Some fear.
(c) Some assurance.
(d) Some pressure.
5. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If he is called as a witness.
(b) If the bishops side with the King.
(c) If Henry gets his divorce.
(d) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
6. How does Cromwell die?
(a) He is stabbed in the back.
(b) He is executed for treason.
(c) He dies of consumption.
(d) He drowns in the river.
7. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
8. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
9. Who has prepared a feast for More while he is in prison?
10. Where is More's trial held?
(a) The Tower of London.
(c) Hampton Court.
(d) Paddington Square.
11. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
(a) His prayers.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Vicar of the Church.
(d) The Pope.
12. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The affects on his friends.
(b) The status of the nation.
(c) The reputation of the church.
(d) The health of his family.
13. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
14. In what year does Act 2, Scene1 start?
15. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
(a) A decoration.
(b) A declaration.
(c) A declination.
(d) A degradation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
2. Who introduces Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Why is More afraid to take charitable money when he is poor?
4. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
5. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)