|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has prepared a feast for More while he is in prison?
2. How did More say he helped in the creation of "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) He changed the poor grammar.
(b) He answered questions.
(c) He edited it.
(d) He was the scribe.
3. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
4. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
(a) The alliance with Spain.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The nation of England.
(d) None of these.
5. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
(a) He doesn't know if they are really alone.
(b) He fears the legal ramifications.
(c) He already knows them.
(d) He likes the new church.
6. How does Norfolk think the King should handle More's resignation?
(a) He should leave him alone.
(b) He should imprison him.
(c) He should force him back into service.
(d) He should send him to Rome.
7. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His skin tone.
(c) His hair style.
(d) His teeth.
8. What created the new church?
(a) A Papal Decree.
(b) A Royal Dictate.
(c) A Petition of the State.
(d) An act of Parliament.
9. What does More say the Bible states silence is a sign of at his trial?
10. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(a) The Common Man.
11. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
12. What did Henry die of?
(a) The plague.
13. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
14. What does Norfolk tell Cromwell he wants no part in when they are discussing More's resignation?
(a) Trapping More.
(b) Lying to the King.
(c) Expanding the facts.
(d) Bribing More.
15. What does Norfolk call More when they talk after his meeting with Cromwell?
(a) A rebel.
(b) A heretic.
(c) A fool.
(d) An idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
2. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
3. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
4. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
5. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)