|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
2. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The reputation of the church.
(b) The health of his family.
(c) The affects on his friends.
(d) The status of the nation.
3. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
(a) Some assurance.
(b) Some money.
(c) Some pressure.
(d) Some fear.
4. Why is More afraid to take charitable money when he is poor?
(a) He is proud and will not take help.
(b) He has never accepted bribes.
(c) He doesn't want it to look like a payment.
(d) He is hoping to die a martyr.
5. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
6. In what year does Act 2, Scene1 start?
7. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
(a) Holding water in your hands.
(b) Controlling the smoke from a chimney.
(c) Directing the flames of a fire.
(d) Explaining the flavor of salt.
8. Who reads the case against More?
(c) The Common Man.
9. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
(a) When Norfolk questions him.
(b) When he is on the stand.
(c) When his charges are read.
(d) When he sees Rich.
10. Where is More's trial held?
(a) Paddington Square.
(b) Hampton Court.
(d) The Tower of London.
11. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
(a) Inn keepers.
12. What does More say his refusal to sign the oath is a matter of when talking to Margaret?
13. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are allowed their beliefs.
(c) They are sent to outerlying cities.
(d) They are put in prison.
14. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
(a) The heretic.
(b) The Bishop of Rome.
(c) His Honor.
(d) That man.
15. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
2. What created the new church?
3. Why does More agree that Anne's children are the heirs to the throne?
4. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
5. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)