|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If Henry gets his divorce.
(b) If the bishops side with the King.
(c) If he is called as a witness.
(d) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
2. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The affects on his friends.
(b) The reputation of the church.
(c) The health of his family.
(d) The status of the nation.
3. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
4. What does Chapuys think will send a message of resistance?
(a) Catherine's public announcement.
(b) More public riots.
(c) More's resignation.
(d) Some public executions.
5. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) Richard Rich.
(b) The Maid of Kent.
(d) King Henry.
6. How does Cromwell die?
(a) He is executed for treason.
(b) He dies of consumption.
(c) He is stabbed in the back.
(d) He drowns in the river.
7. What does Rich apologize to Cromwell about after Norfolk is told of the bribe?
(a) For not being able to keep More's trust.
(b) Forgetting that Norfolk was present when the bribe was given.
(c) For not being clear about More's intention with the bribe.
(d) For not keeping the cup as evidence.
8. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
(a) The Bible.
(b) His prayers.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Vicar of the Church.
9. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
(a) The Pope.
(b) King Henry.
(c) Thomas More.
(d) Chancellor Cromwell.
10. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) A Perjured Conscience.
(b) A Friend of the Church.
(c) A Stalwart Soul.
(d) The Defender of the Faith.
11. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
12. What is Chapuys's complaint about More's house after his resignation?
(a) It is lonely.
(b) It is cold.
(c) It is dark.
(d) It is unclean.
13. What did Henry die of?
(c) The plague.
14. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
15. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are tortured.
(c) They are deported.
(d) They are imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
2. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
3. Who records the conversation between Cromwell and More?
4. What does More tell Marget to do when she leaves him in the tower?
5. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)