|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norfolk tell Cromwell he wants no part in when they are discussing More's resignation?
(a) Trapping More.
(b) Bribing More.
(c) Lying to the King.
(d) Expanding the facts.
2. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(d) The Common Man.
3. Who introduces Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Plebian.
(b) The Common Man.
4. What makes up the jury at More's trial?
(a) The Common Man alone.
(b) Chapuys and his attendants.
(c) The hats of the Common Man.
(d) Faceless men.
5. Where does the Common Man get the letter he reads when he is the jailer?
(a) He finds it on the ground.
(b) It is brought by a messenger.
(c) It falls from the sky.
(d) It is in his pocket.
6. Who has prepared a feast for More while he is in prison?
7. What does More say he does not plan to enter easily?
(a) Dishonest paths.
8. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are tortured.
(d) They are executed.
9. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
10. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(a) Thomas More.
(b) King Henry.
(d) The bishops.
11. What created the new church?
(a) A Petition of the State.
(b) A Papal Decree.
(c) A Royal Dictate.
(d) An act of Parliament.
12. What does Norfolk call More when they talk after his meeting with Cromwell?
(a) A heretic.
(b) A fool.
(c) An idiot.
(d) A rebel.
13. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Protestant Church.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Lutheran Sect.
14. Why was the new church created?
(a) To be of convenience to the Parliament.
(b) To allow Henry his divorce.
(c) To make a powerful statement.
(d) All of these.
15. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
2. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
3. What does Rich apologize to Cromwell about after Norfolk is told of the bribe?
4. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
5. What does More do when Norfolk talks to him after his exchange with Cromwell?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)