|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapuys offer More before leaving the house with his attendant?
(a) A boarding on a ship.
(b) A royal summons.
(c) A letter.
(d) Some money.
2. What does More do when Norfolk talks to him after his exchange with Cromwell?
(a) Strikes him.
(b) Embraces him.
(c) Blesses him.
(d) Insults him.
3. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
(a) The Lutheran Sect.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Rebel Cause.
4. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are imprisoned.
(b) They are executed.
(c) They are deported.
(d) They are tortured.
5. Who reads the case against More?
(d) The Common Man.
6. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
(a) When his charges are read.
(b) When he sees Rich.
(c) When Norfolk questions him.
(d) When he is on the stand.
7. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
8. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His skin tone.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His hair style.
9. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Lutheran Sect.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Protestant Church.
(d) The Church of England.
10. What does More tell Marget to do when she leaves him in the tower?
(a) Protect her mother.
(b) Sign the Act herself.
(c) Leave London.
(d) Change her name and appearance.
11. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Member of Parliament.
12. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
13. What did Henry die of?
(b) The plague.
14. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) The Defender of the Faith.
(b) A Perjured Conscience.
(c) A Friend of the Church.
(d) A Stalwart Soul.
15. Who introduces Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The Common Man.
(c) The Plebian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapuys think will send a message of resistance?
2. Where does the Common Man get the letter he reads when he is the jailer?
3. What created the new church?
4. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
5. Why is More afraid to take charitable money when he is poor?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)