|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rich apologize to Cromwell about after Norfolk is told of the bribe?
(a) Forgetting that Norfolk was present when the bribe was given.
(b) For not being clear about More's intention with the bribe.
(c) For not keeping the cup as evidence.
(d) For not being able to keep More's trust.
2. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
(a) The Rebel Cause.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) The Lutheran Sect.
(d) The Church of England.
3. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
4. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
(a) Chancellor Cromwell.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Henry.
(d) Thomas More.
5. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
(b) Modern culture.
(d) Scriptural accounts.
6. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
(b) If he is called as a witness.
(c) If Henry gets his divorce.
(d) If the bishops side with the King.
7. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
8. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(a) The Common Man.
9. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) A Stalwart Soul.
(b) A Perjured Conscience.
(c) A Friend of the Church.
(d) The Defender of the Faith.
10. What does Cromwell compare More's silence to at his trial?
(a) Witnessing a murder.
(b) Killing a child.
(c) Blaspheming God.
(d) Defaming the King.
11. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
12. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
(a) The Act of Creation.
(b) The Act of Supremacy.
(c) The Act of Heresy.
(d) The Act of Institution.
13. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His skin tone.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His hair style.
14. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
15. What does More say he does not plan to enter easily?
(b) Dishonest paths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More tell Marget to do when she leaves him in the tower?
2. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
3. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
4. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
5. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)