|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are tortured.
(d) They are deported.
2. Who reads the case against More?
(d) The Common Man.
3. Where does the Common Man get the letter he reads when he is the jailer?
(a) It is brought by a messenger.
(b) He finds it on the ground.
(c) It is in his pocket.
(d) It falls from the sky.
4. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
5. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
6. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
(b) Scriptural accounts.
(d) Modern culture.
7. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(a) King Henry.
(b) The bishops.
(d) Thomas More.
8. Why does More agree that Anne's children are the heirs to the throne?
(a) All of these.
(b) Catherine has no living children.
(c) It is now written in law.
(d) He believes it is fair.
9. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) Loss of stature.
(b) Fear of Pain.
(c) All of these.
10. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are allowed their beliefs.
(c) They are put in prison.
(d) They are sent to outerlying cities.
11. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
(a) The Bishop of Rome.
(b) His Honor.
(c) The heretic.
(d) That man.
12. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
(a) A declination.
(b) A declaration.
(c) A decoration.
(d) A degradation.
13. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
(a) His name.
(b) His complexion.
(c) His eye color.
(d) His age.
14. What does Chapuys offer More before leaving the house with his attendant?
(a) A royal summons.
(b) A letter.
(c) Some money.
(d) A boarding on a ship.
15. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
(a) Some pressure.
(b) Some assurance.
(c) Some money.
(d) Some fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
2. What created the new church?
3. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
4. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
5. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)