|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Thomas More.
(c) The bishops.
2. How does Norfolk think the King should handle More's resignation?
(a) He should imprison him.
(b) He should force him back into service.
(c) He should leave him alone.
(d) He should send him to Rome.
3. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
4. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are allowed their beliefs.
(b) They are sent to outerlying cities.
(c) They are deported.
(d) They are put in prison.
5. Where is More's trial held?
(b) Paddington Square.
(c) Hampton Court.
(d) The Tower of London.
6. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(a) The Common Man.
7. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
(b) Scriptural accounts.
(c) Modern culture.
8. How did More say he helped in the creation of "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) He changed the poor grammar.
(b) He was the scribe.
(c) He edited it.
(d) He answered questions.
9. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) Richard Rich.
(b) The Maid of Kent.
(c) King Henry.
10. What does More say to Chapuys about other people's thoughts about his beliefs?
(a) They are vicious rumors.
(b) They are well known.
(c) They are guessed at.
(d) They are all mistaken.
11. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
12. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are tortured.
(b) They are deported.
(c) They are imprisoned.
(d) They are executed.
13. What does More say his refusal to sign the oath is a matter of when talking to Margaret?
14. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
(a) Thomas More.
(b) The Pope.
(c) King Henry.
(d) Chancellor Cromwell.
15. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
(a) The Bishop of Rome.
(b) That man.
(c) The heretic.
(d) His Honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What created the new church?
2. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
3. Who has prepared a feast for More while he is in prison?
4. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
5. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)