|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
(a) Inn keepers.
2. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(d) The Common Man.
3. What did Henry die of?
(b) The plague.
4. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
(a) The Act of Creation.
(b) The Act of Heresy.
(c) The Act of Institution.
(d) The Act of Supremacy.
5. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
6. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
(a) Some assurance.
(b) Some pressure.
(c) Some fear.
(d) Some money.
7. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
(a) When he sees Rich.
(b) When Norfolk questions him.
(c) When he is on the stand.
(d) When his charges are read.
8. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
(a) There is not time for that.
(b) It would be too public.
(c) They would look like fools.
(d) There is no evidence.
9. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
10. Who has prepared a feast for More while he is in prison?
11. Who records the conversation between Cromwell and More?
12. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) A Perjured Conscience.
(b) A Stalwart Soul.
(c) A Friend of the Church.
(d) The Defender of the Faith.
13. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The affects on his friends.
(b) The reputation of the church.
(c) The health of his family.
(d) The status of the nation.
14. What does More say would cause him to quit as the Chancellor?
(a) If Henry gets his divorce.
(b) If the Catholic church is thrust out of England.
(c) If he is called as a witness.
(d) If the bishops side with the King.
15. Why was the new church created?
(a) To allow Henry his divorce.
(b) To be of convenience to the Parliament.
(c) To make a powerful statement.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
2. Who reads the case against More?
3. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
4. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
5. What created the new church?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)