|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cromwell compare More's silence to at his trial?
(a) Defaming the King.
(b) Blaspheming God.
(c) Killing a child.
(d) Witnessing a murder.
2. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) The Maid of Kent.
(b) King Henry.
(d) Richard Rich.
3. What did Henry die of?
(d) The plague.
4. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
(a) He doesn't know if they are really alone.
(b) He already knows them.
(c) He fears the legal ramifications.
(d) He likes the new church.
5. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
(b) Inn keepers.
6. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The alliance with Spain.
(c) None of these.
(d) The nation of England.
7. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
(a) The Lutheran Sect.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Rebel Cause.
8. What does More say the Bible states silence is a sign of at his trial?
9. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
10. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Thomas More.
(c) Chancellor Cromwell.
(d) The Pope.
11. Who introduces Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Plebian.
(b) The Common Man.
12. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
(a) His eye color.
(b) His age.
(c) His name.
(d) His complexion.
13. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) All of these.
(b) Fear of Pain.
(d) Loss of stature.
14. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
(a) The Bishop of Rome.
(b) His Honor.
(c) The heretic.
(d) That man.
15. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
(a) His hair style.
(b) His skin tone.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
2. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
3. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
4. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
5. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)