Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
(a) When he is on the stand.
(b) When he sees Rich.
(c) When Norfolk questions him.
(d) When his charges are read.
2. Who has prepared a feast for More while he is in prison?
3. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
(a) Some money.
(b) Some fear.
(c) Some pressure.
(d) Some assurance.
4. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
5. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
(a) Modern culture.
(c) Scriptural accounts.
6. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) All of these.
(c) Loss of stature.
(d) Fear of Pain.
7. What is Chapuys's complaint about More's house after his resignation?
(a) It is cold.
(b) It is lonely.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is dark.
8. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
(a) His complexion.
(b) His eye color.
(c) His name.
(d) His age.
9. Where does the Common Man get the letter he reads when he is the jailer?
(a) It is in his pocket.
(b) It falls from the sky.
(c) It is brought by a messenger.
(d) He finds it on the ground.
10. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Lutheran Sect.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Protestant Church.
11. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
(d) Inn keepers.
12. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) They are deported.
(d) They are tortured.
13. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) None of these.
(c) The nation of England.
(d) The alliance with Spain.
14. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
(a) Holding water in your hands.
(b) Controlling the smoke from a chimney.
(c) Directing the flames of a fire.
(d) Explaining the flavor of salt.
15. Who reads the case against More?
(d) The Common Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Act 2, Scene1 start?
2. What does More say the Bible states silence is a sign of at his trial?
3. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
4. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
5. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)