|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(d) The Common Man.
2. What makes up the jury at More's trial?
(a) Faceless men.
(b) Chapuys and his attendants.
(c) The Common Man alone.
(d) The hats of the Common Man.
3. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
4. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 1 year.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
5. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
6. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Protestant Church.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Lutheran Sect.
7. What is Chapuys's complaint about More's house after his resignation?
(a) It is unclean.
(b) It is dark.
(c) It is lonely.
(d) It is cold.
8. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
(a) They would look like fools.
(b) There is not time for that.
(c) It would be too public.
(d) There is no evidence.
9. In what month does Act 2, Scene 1 start?
10. What does Norfolk tell Cromwell he wants no part in when they are discussing More's resignation?
(a) Bribing More.
(b) Expanding the facts.
(c) Trapping More.
(d) Lying to the King.
11. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The reputation of the church.
(b) The affects on his friends.
(c) The health of his family.
(d) The status of the nation.
12. Where is More's trial held?
(a) Paddington Square.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Hampton Court.
13. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are sent to outerlying cities.
(b) They are allowed their beliefs.
(c) They are deported.
(d) They are put in prison.
14. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Member of Parliament.
15. When does More realize that his trial will be rigged?
(a) When he is on the stand.
(b) When he sees Rich.
(c) When Norfolk questions him.
(d) When his charges are read.
Short Answer Questions
1. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
2. Who reads the case against More?
3. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
4. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
5. How does Norfolk think the King should handle More's resignation?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)