|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The status of the nation.
(b) The affects on his friends.
(c) The health of his family.
(d) The reputation of the church.
2. What does Chapuys offer More before leaving the house with his attendant?
(a) A royal summons.
(b) A letter.
(c) A boarding on a ship.
(d) Some money.
3. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) Fear of Pain.
(c) All of these.
(d) Loss of stature.
4. What does More say he does not plan to enter easily?
(a) Dishonest paths.
5. What does More say the Bible states silence is a sign of at his trial?
6. Who helps More to remove his chain of office?
7. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
(a) Scriptural accounts.
(b) Modern culture.
8. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
(a) His eye color.
(b) His complexion.
(c) His name.
(d) His age.
9. What does More say his refusal to sign the oath is a matter of when talking to Margaret?
10. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(b) King Henry.
(c) Thomas More.
(d) The bishops.
11. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
(a) Directing the flames of a fire.
(b) Holding water in your hands.
(c) Controlling the smoke from a chimney.
(d) Explaining the flavor of salt.
12. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
(a) The nation of England.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(c) None of these.
(d) The alliance with Spain.
13. What church was formed between Act 1 and Act 2?
(a) The Lutheran Sect.
(b) The Protestant Church.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Roman Catholic Church.
14. How does Alice act towards her husband when she visits him in the tower?
15. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
(b) The Common Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
2. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
3. Why is More afraid to take charitable money when he is poor?
4. What created the new church?
5. In what year does Act 2, Scene1 start?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)