|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was not living in England.
(b) She was a girl.
(c) She was Spanish.
(d) She was sickly.
2. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
(a) His brother.
(b) A rebel.
(c) His father.
(d) The King.
3. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) Historical background.
(b) His opinion.
(c) A detailed description of the setting.
(d) An outline for the plot.
4. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) A weakness.
(b) An unmet need.
(c) A moral.
(d) A price.
5. What is Chapuys's occupation?
(a) Spanish Ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
2. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
3. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
4. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
5. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)