|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To settle her dowry.
(b) To keep peace with Spain.
(c) To honor his brother.
(d) To show compassion.
2. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is young.
(c) She is fertile.
(d) She is strong.
3. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(c) The Pope.
4. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Some water.
(c) A book.
(d) Some wine.
5. What is Chapuys's occupation?
(c) Spanish Ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of More's wife?
2. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
3. Who says the first line in the play?
4. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
5. What is Cromwell's first name?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)