|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(b) Moral integrity.
(c) Common sense.
2. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) A detailed description of the setting.
(b) Historical background.
(c) His opinion.
(d) An outline for the plot.
3. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) It does not openly preach to all.
(b) It changes its doctrines.
(c) The Pope is corrupt.
(d) The King wants a divorce.
4. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is strong.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is young.
(d) She is fertile.
5. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
2. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
3. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
4. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
5. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)