|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) A gilded cup.
(c) Some fine wine.
(d) A great collection of books.
2. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
(a) He is a good man at heart.
(b) He is a traitor.
(c) He is working off of fear.
(d) He is in a bad mood.
3. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To bribe another man.
(b) To show as a witness.
(c) To buy some clothes.
(d) To heal his soul.
4. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) Historical background.
(b) His opinion.
(c) A detailed description of the setting.
(d) An outline for the plot.
5. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
(a) The past is past.
(b) His boat is leaking.
(c) Rates are fixed.
(d) He is out past curfew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
2. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
3. What is Chapuys's occupation?
4. What is the name of More's Steward?
5. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)