|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married a woman older than he is.
(b) He married a pregnant woman.
(c) He married his brother's wife.
(d) He married a woman from another country.
2. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
(a) Thomas More.
(b) Martin Luther.
(c) King Henry.
3. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He hugs her tightly.
(b) He begins to weep.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He refuses his approval.
4. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is fertile.
(b) She is young.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is strong.
5. Who says the first line in the play?
(b) The Jailer.
(d) The Common Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
2. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
3. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
4. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
5. What is Chapuys's occupation?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)