|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
(a) To see Wolsey.
(b) To the inn.
(c) To his home.
(d) To find More.
2. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) A gilded cup.
(c) Some fine wine.
(d) A great collection of books.
3. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
4. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) An outline for the plot.
(b) Historical background.
(c) A detailed description of the setting.
(d) His opinion.
5. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
(a) Bar tender.
(b) Shop keeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
2. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
3. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
4. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
5. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)