|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To show as a witness.
(b) To bribe another man.
(c) To buy some clothes.
(d) To heal his soul.
2. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Anglican Religion.
(c) The Church of the United Kingdom.
(d) The Divorce Court.
3. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
4. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A herring.
(c) A snake.
(d) A hawk.
5. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
(a) He fell in love with someone else.
(b) She was rigidly religious.
(c) She did not produce an heir.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of More's Steward?
2. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
3. What is the name of More's wife?
4. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
5. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)