|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
2. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(d) The Pope.
3. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) An outline for the plot.
(b) His opinion.
(c) Historical background.
(d) A detailed description of the setting.
4. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) An unmet need.
(b) A weakness.
(c) A moral.
(d) A price.
5. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A herring.
(c) A snake.
(d) A hawk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
2. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
3. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
4. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
5. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)