|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A fool.
(b) A ninny.
(c) A red herring.
(d) A stalwart.
2. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
(a) The Church of the United Kingdom.
(b) The Anglican Religion.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Divorce Court.
3. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Withstanding trials.
(b) Finding truth.
(c) Being in power.
(d) Getting his way.
4. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Some water.
(c) A book.
(d) Some wine.
5. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To show compassion.
(b) To keep peace with Spain.
(c) To settle her dowry.
(d) To honor his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
2. What is the name of More's Steward?
3. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
4. Who says the first line in the play?
5. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)