|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A great collection of books.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) Some fine wine.
(d) A gilded cup.
2. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
3. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married a woman from another country.
(b) He married his brother's wife.
(c) He married a pregnant woman.
(d) He married a woman older than he is.
4. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) An outline for the plot.
(b) His opinion.
(c) A detailed description of the setting.
(d) Historical background.
5. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(a) The Grand Cardinal.
(b) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
2. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
3. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
4. Who says the first line in the play?
5. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)