|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
2. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A dispatch.
(d) A pamphlet.
3. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
4. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was not living in England.
(b) She was Spanish.
(c) She was sickly.
(d) She was a girl.
5. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) A costume.
(b) His money.
(c) A meal.
(d) His house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
2. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
3. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
5. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)