|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(a) The Pope.
(c) The Grand Cardinal.
2. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) An unmet need.
(b) A weakness.
(c) A price.
(d) A moral.
3. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) His house.
(b) A costume.
(c) His money.
(d) A meal.
4. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To show compassion.
(b) To keep peace with Spain.
(c) To honor his brother.
(d) To settle her dowry.
5. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was sickly.
(b) She was a girl.
(c) She was not living in England.
(d) She was Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
2. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
3. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
4. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
5. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)