|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(a) Moral integrity.
(b) Common sense.
2. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Believe in himself.
(b) Respect himself.
(c) Support himself.
(d) Listen to himself.
3. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) His opinion.
(b) A detailed description of the setting.
(c) An outline for the plot.
(d) Historical background.
4. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A resignation for himself.
(b) A replacement for Catherine.
(c) A divorce for King Henry.
(d) A promotion for himself.
5. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
2. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
3. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
4. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
5. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)