|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(d) The Pope.
2. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
3. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) A price.
(b) A moral.
(c) A weakness.
(d) An unmet need.
4. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A divorce for King Henry.
(b) A replacement for Catherine.
(c) A resignation for himself.
(d) A promotion for himself.
5. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A great collection of books.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A gilded cup.
(d) Some fine wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of More's Steward?
2. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
3. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
4. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
5. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)