|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A fool.
(b) A red herring.
(c) A stalwart.
(d) A ninny.
2. What is the name of More's Steward?
3. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) An unmet need.
(b) A weakness.
(c) A moral.
(d) A price.
4. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) A detailed description of the setting.
(b) Historical background.
(c) His opinion.
(d) An outline for the plot.
5. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) A dispatch.
(d) A pamphlet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
2. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
3. What is the name of More's wife?
4. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
5. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)