|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A fool.
(b) A ninny.
(c) A stalwart.
(d) A red herring.
2. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Being in power.
(b) Withstanding trials.
(c) Getting his way.
(d) Finding truth.
3. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He did not want Henry running the church.
(b) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(c) He wanted more money from Henry.
(d) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Grand Cardinal.
5. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(b) Common sense.
(c) Moral integrity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
2. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
3. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
4. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
5. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)