|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A gilded cup.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) Some fine wine.
(d) A great collection of books.
2. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
(a) That Thing.
(b) The Whore of all Whores.
(c) The Abomination.
(d) The Beast.
3. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To bribe another man.
(b) To show as a witness.
(c) To buy some clothes.
(d) To heal his soul.
4. What is the name of More's Steward?
5. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) His money.
(b) His house.
(c) A costume.
(d) A meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
2. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
3. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
4. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
5. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)