|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(a) Common sense.
(d) Moral integrity.
2. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(b) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(c) He did not want Henry running the church.
(d) He wanted more money from Henry.
3. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A stalwart.
(b) A fool.
(c) A red herring.
(d) A ninny.
4. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To bribe another man.
(b) To buy some clothes.
(c) To heal his soul.
(d) To show as a witness.
5. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) A costume.
(b) His house.
(c) A meal.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
2. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
3. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
4. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
5. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)