|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To keep peace with Spain.
(b) To show compassion.
(c) To settle her dowry.
(d) To honor his brother.
2. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
(a) A letter.
(b) A dispatch.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A book.
3. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Lack of title.
4. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A red herring.
(b) A stalwart.
(c) A ninny.
(d) A fool.
5. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) Some wine.
(b) A book.
(c) Some water.
(d) A pillow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
2. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
3. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
4. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
5. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)