|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) A meal.
(b) His house.
(c) His money.
(d) A costume.
2. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted more money from Henry.
(b) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(c) He did not want Henry running the church.
(d) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
3. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is fertile.
(c) She is strong.
(d) She is young.
4. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
5. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
(a) The Anglican Religion.
(b) The Divorce Court.
(c) The Church of the United Kingdom.
(d) The Church of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
2. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
3. What is the name of More's wife?
4. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)