|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) A meal.
(b) A costume.
(c) His house.
(d) His money.
2. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
3. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
(a) Lack of money.
(c) Lack of title.
4. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) Some fine wine.
(c) A gilded cup.
(d) A great collection of books.
5. Who says the first line in the play?
(c) The Jailer.
(d) The Common Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
2. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
3. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
4. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
5. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)