|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A red herring.
(b) A stalwart.
(c) A fool.
(d) A ninny.
2. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To heal his soul.
(b) To buy some clothes.
(c) To show as a witness.
(d) To bribe another man.
3. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
(a) A book.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A dispatch.
(d) A letter.
4. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was not living in England.
(b) She was sickly.
(c) She was Spanish.
(d) She was a girl.
5. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A promotion for himself.
(b) A divorce for King Henry.
(c) A resignation for himself.
(d) A replacement for Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
2. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
5. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)