|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
(a) A book.
(b) A dispatch.
(c) A letter.
(d) A pamphlet.
2. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Getting his way.
(b) Finding truth.
(c) Withstanding trials.
(d) Being in power.
3. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(b) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(c) He did not want Henry running the church.
(d) He wanted more money from Henry.
4. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
5. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Grand Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
2. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
3. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
4. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
5. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)