|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She is a scholar.
(c) She looks pious.
(d) She is lovely.
2. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(b) The Pope.
(d) The Grand Cardinal.
3. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) A gilded cup.
(c) Some fine wine.
(d) A great collection of books.
4. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
(a) To hunt wild boars.
(b) To please the Pope.
(c) To steer a ship.
(d) To marry Anne.
5. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(b) He did not want Henry running the church.
(c) He wanted more money from Henry.
(d) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
2. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
3. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
4. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
5. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)