Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dupin tell Edmund that Rachett has killed?
2. What is Dupin surprised to learn that Captain Elias told Edmund?
3. As they are saying goodbye, what does Edmund accuse Poe of being afraid of?
4. What kind of book does the person Edmund sees at the cemetery drop?
5. What does Edmund see in the mausoleum?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the process of Edmund's coming of age in the novel. What are the influences that trigger his development? How does he change from a helpless child to a brave, assertive rescuer?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Edmund should have continued to trust Dupin, even though he kept letting him down? Or should he have taken matters into his own hands sooner? Do you think trusting Dupin is a choice or a necessity?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter Two, Dupin tells Edmund that "there is a difference what happens and what we would like to have happen". How does this quote summarize the essential difference between Dupin and Edmund throughout the novel? How does it relate to the theme of hope versus despair?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)