Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dupin tell Edmund that Rachett has killed?
2. What is Dupin surprised to learn that Captain Elias told Edmund?
3. As they are saying goodbye, what does Edmund accuse Poe of being afraid of?
4. What kind of book does the person Edmund sees at the cemetery drop?
5. What does Edmund see in the mausoleum?
Once the central conflict of Sis's disappearance is resolved, do you characterize Poe's dissatisfaction with it as a twist? Poe makes it clear to Edmund that he believes he can give Sis immortality in his story. Is Poe's lack of reaction to Sis's recovery to be expected, or is it a surprise that adds color and depth to the final moments of the story?
Edmund has one trusted adult friend: Captain Elias. Why do you think he waits so long to visit Captain Elias and seek out his help? Do you see this as a flaw in the novel? Does the author have Edmund avoid his friend just so that his relationship with Dupin/Poe can play out in a more interesting way? Do you think the author should have deleted Captain Elias from the novel, and imparted the information Captain Elias shares in some other way?
Compare and contract Edmund and Dupin/Poe. Use specific examples from the novel relating to their circumstances, life events, and reactions to these circumstances and events.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)