Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dupin tell Edmund that Rachett has killed?
(a) His partner, Peterson.
(b) Edmund's aunt, believing her to be Edmund's mother.
(c) Edmund's sister.
(d) Edmund's mother, believing her to be Edmund's aunt.
2. What is Dupin surprised to learn that Captain Elias told Edmund?
(a) Fortnoy was keeping watch at the time of the murder.
(b) The S.S. Freedom does not exist.
(c) Captain Elias was keeping watch at the time of the murder.
(d) The Lady Liberty does not exist.
3. As they are saying goodbye, what does Edmund accuse Poe of being afraid of?
(a) Telling Mrs. Whitman his true feelings.
(c) Not succeeding as a writer.
4. What kind of book does the person Edmund sees at the cemetery drop?
(a) A mystery story.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A prayer book.
(d) A notebook.
5. What does Edmund see in the mausoleum?
(a) A button.
(b) A corpse.
(c) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dupin tell Edmund about Mr. Arnold?
2. What does Mrs. Whitman tells her guests that Dupin/Poe is?
3. While Dupin is at Mrs. Whitman's home, what does Captain Elias tell Edmund at the docks?
4. What does Poe's style of courting Mrs. Whitman reflect?
5. What does another of the notices say?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)