|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dupin see from the bell tower?
(a) The docks.
(b) Edmund's home.
(c) The cemetery.
(d) The bank.
2. When Edmund arrives to rescue his sister, who is trying to take her away?
(a) Peterson and Rachett.
(b) Captain Elias and Rachett.
(c) Captain Elias and Fortnoy.
(d) Fortnoy and Throck.
3. What does Poe do with his story before walking away?
(a) Throw it onto the ground.
(b) Add a prologue.
(c) Give it to Edmund as a gift.
(d) Dedicate it to Mrs. Whitman.
4. When they return to Edmund's room after Edmund is attacked, what does Dupin tell Edmund to find?
(a) His notebook.
(b) The newspaper the food is wrapped in.
(c) An encoded message.
(d) His wallet.
5. What do Poe's actions at the end of the novel demonstrate?
(a) He has given up on life.
(b) He is determined to help others.
(c) He has a new lease on life.
(d) He is suicidal.
Short Answer Questions
1. This novel combines _____.
2. After Edmund's mother is recovered, what does Poe think about finding Edmund's sister?
3. When Poe arrives at the scene where Edmund is trying to rescue his sister, how does he say he figured out the meaning of the decoded message?
4. What does Throck ask Edmund about Poe?
5. What does Mrs. Whitman ask Dupin to do in front of her guests?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)