|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund bring with him to rescue his sister?
(a) A kitchen knife.
(b) Throck's gun.
(c) Poe's gun.
(d) Poe's knife.
2. What does Mrs. Whitman ask Dupin to do in front of her guests?
(a) Pose for her.
(b) Keep a picture of her in his wallet.
(c) Do a drawing of her face.
(d) Have a type of photograph of his face made.
3. At the end, what does Edmund come to realize about Poe's agenda?
(a) He is mainly concerned with his story.
(b) He is mainly concerned with giving up alcohol.
(c) He is mainly concerned with courting Mrs. Whitman.
(d) He is mainly concerned with helping Edmund.
4. When Edmund figures out where his sister is, who accompanies him to rescue her?
(a) No one.
(c) Edmund's mother.
5. While his mother sleeps, what does Edmund ask Poe to do?
(a) Take care of his mother.
(b) Help him find his sister.
(c) Give him money for food.
(d) Write a happier ending to his story.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dupin surprised to learn that Captain Elias told Edmund?
2. What kind of book does the person Edmund sees at the cemetery drop?
3. What do Poe's actions at the end of the novel demonstrate?
4. After Edmund's mother is recovered, what does Poe think about finding Edmund's sister?
5. According to Dupin, from whom did Rachett learn about the gold in the vault?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)