|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dupin admit to Edmund about himself?
(a) He is Mr. Whitman.
(b) He is a drunkard.
(c) He is Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) He is very wealthy.
2. At the docks, who is Edmund pursued by?
(a) Someone he never sees.
(b) A man with dark hair.
(c) A man with white hair.
(d) A ghost.
3. What does Edmund buy at the tavern for himself and his mother?
(a) Candles and matches.
(b) A newspaper.
(d) A meat pie.
4. As Edmund is spying on Dupin near the cemetery, whom does he see emerge from the Hotel American House and enter Mrs. Whitman's house?
5. What does Throck ask Edmund about Poe?
(a) If he is getting the reward money for finding Edward's aunt.
(b) If he is getting the reward money for finding Edward's mother.
(c) If he is looking for Edmund's sister.
(d) If he is a drunkard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund realizes about the meaning of the word "Sunrise" in the decoded message?
2. What happened to Poe in real life?
3. What does Edmund see in the mausoleum?
4. Who does Mrs. Powers want her daughter to marry?
5. How does Edmund escape his pursuer at the docks?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)