|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is Peggy?
(a) Captain Elias's peg leg.
(b) A bar maid.
(c) The boat used to try to rescue Sis.
(d) A character in Poe's story.
2. How do the kidnappers plan to use Edmund's sister?
(a) As an accomplice.
(b) As a servant.
(c) As a bargaining tool.
(d) As a seamstress.
3. When he stops on his way to the cemetery, what does Dupin imagine that he sees?
4. As Edmund is spying on Dupin near the cemetery, whom does he see emerge from the Hotel American House and enter Mrs. Whitman's house?
5. What does Poe's style of courting Mrs. Whitman reflect?
(a) His lack of inner drive.
(b) His careful weighing of his options.
(c) His fierce determination.
(d) His fear of failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Arnold ask Dupin at Mrs. Whitman's home?
2. What does Poe believe about Edmund's sister's ultimate fate?
3. What does another of the notices say?
4. When Edmund arrives to rescue his sister, who is trying to take her away?
5. How does Throck convince Poe to help him and Edmund find Edmund's sister?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)