|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dupin NOT tell Edmund about Arnold's classified ad?
(a) It brought Rachett and Peterson together.
(b) It was placed by Peterson.
(c) It was intended to get a reaction from Edmund's aunt.
(d) It was placed by Rachett.
2. When he stops on his way to the cemetery, what does Dupin imagine that he sees?
3. What does Dupin admit to Edmund about himself?
(a) He is Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) He is a drunkard.
(c) He is very wealthy.
(d) He is Mr. Whitman.
4. Where is Edmund reunited with his mother?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) In a saloon.
(d) In a bank.
5. How do the kidnappers plan to use Edmund's sister?
(a) As an accomplice.
(b) As a seamstress.
(c) As a bargaining tool.
(d) As a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does seeing himself in Edmund lead Poe to do?
2. At the docks, who is Edmund pursued by?
3. With whom is Dupin's first encounter at the cemetery?
4. When introducing him to her guests, how does Mrs. Whitman refer to Dupin?
5. While Dupin is at Mrs. Whitman's home, what does Captain Elias tell Edmund at the docks?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)