Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Prologue
1. What is the significance of the absence of adults in the Prologue?
2. How does the setting reflect Edmund's emotional state?
3. Do you think Edmund should have stopped to help the old man before returning home?
4. Why do you think the author chose not to reveal Sis's true name?
5. How does the locked-room mystery engage the reader?
6. Why do you think the author decided to set up a mystery in the style of Edgar Allan Poe?
This section contains 1,288 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)