Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where does the story take place?
Providence, Rhode Island.
2. In what month does the story begin?
3. In what year does the story take place?
4. Where do the children live?
In a tenement.
5. What is the children's room like?
6. Why are the children alone at the beginning of the story?
They are waiting for their aunt's return.
7. What does Edmund call his sister?
8. What is Edmund's sister's real name?
9. What type of book does Edmund's sister read?
10. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
This section contains 4,720 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)