|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: Something About Edgar Allan Poe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he leaves the bank, what does Dupin tell Peterson his name is?
(a) Edgar Grey.
(b) Edgar Allan Poe.
(c) Edmund Grey.
(d) Edward Grey.
2. What two things does this novel incorporate?
(a) Magic and realism.
(b) Police work and amateur sleuthing.
(c) Poe's literary methodology and Poe as a fictional character.
(d) Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot as characters.
3. Who objected to Poe's engagement to the real life Mrs. Whitman?
(a) Mrs. Whitman's brother.
(b) Poe's aunt.
(c) Mrs. Whitman's mother.
(d) Mrs. Whitman's father.
4. What does Dupin admit to Edmund about himself?
(a) He is a drunkard.
(b) He is very wealthy.
(c) He is Edgar Allan Poe.
(d) He is Mr. Whitman.
5. As he prepares to meet Mrs. Whitman, who does Dupin tell Edmund he believes Edmund's aunt's murderer is?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does another of the notices say?
2. At the end, what does Edmund come to realize about Poe's agenda?
3. Who is Throck?
4. Where did Poe die?
5. Poe lived in all of the following locations EXCEPT:
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)