|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dupin asks Edmund to do when they first meet?
(a) Deliver a letter.
(b) Help him get a job.
(c) Solve a mystery.
(d) Help him write a story.
2. What does Edmund see on the tavern wall?
(a) A poster advertising a reward for finding the bank robbers.
(b) A poster advertising a reward for finding Mrs. G. Rachett.
(c) A poster advertising a ransom for the return of Edmund's sister.
(d) A poster advertising a ransom for the return of Edmund's aunt.
3. What does Dupin NOT tell Edmund about Arnold's classified ad?
(a) It was placed by Peterson.
(b) It brought Rachett and Peterson together.
(c) It was placed by Rachett.
(d) It was intended to get a reaction from Edmund's aunt.
4. When Edmund follows Dupin to see if he will meet Mrs. Whitman in the cemetery, Dupin first goes into a _____.
5. After Edmund returns home at the beginning of the story, what is his most pressing goal?
(a) Find his sister.
(b) Find his mother.
(c) Find more food.
(d) Find his aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dupin admit to Edmund about himself?
2. Who does Mrs. Powers want her daughter to marry?
3. What type of man does Edmund meet on his way home in the prologue?
4. How does Dupin learn that Aunty Pru was told of Edmund's mother's location?
5. Who is Sherlock Holmes?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)