|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Dupin's first encounter at the cemetery?
(c) Edmund's dead aunt.
(d) Mrs. Whitman.
2. Where does the story take place?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) London, England.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Providence, Rhode Island.
3. At the bank, who is the author of the urgent message Mr. Poley hands Peterson?
(b) Mr. Rachett.
(d) Mr. Arnold.
4. What does Dupin NOT tell Edmund about his mother?
(a) She has been held captive by Rachett.
(b) She followed her husband to Providence.
(c) She sent an urgent message to her sister.
(d) She is dead.
5. When Dupin first meets Throck, what does he observes about him?
(a) He is a father.
(b) He is a former military man.
(c) He is a former convict.
(d) He is a former detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they investigate the room that faces Edmund's room, what do Edmund and Dupin find?
2. What does Dupin find in the mausoleum?
3. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
4. What does another of the notices say?
5. As he prepares to meet Mrs. Whitman, who does Dupin tell Edmund he believes Edmund's aunt's murderer is?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)