|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they return to Edmund's room after Edmund is attacked, what does Dupin tell Edmund to find?
(a) His notebook.
(b) His wallet.
(c) The newspaper the food is wrapped in.
(d) An encoded message.
2. In the prologue, what does Edmund discover when he returns home?
(a) He forgot to lock the door.
(b) His sister has opened the door.
(c) He's forgotten his key.
(d) The door is still locked from the outside.
3. According to Dupin, from whom did Rachett learn about the gold in the vault?
(a) A newspaper.
4. What is the title of one of Edgar Allan Poe's famous mystery books?
(a) The Murder in the Rue Morte.
(b) The Murder in the Rue Morgue.
(c) The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
(d) The Murders in the Rue Morte.
5. When Dupin identifies Rachett as Edmund's step-father, what does Edmund tell him about the reason his mother came to America?
(a) To get a divorce.
(b) To get married.
(c) To get a better job.
(d) To find her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Dupin believe Edmund's sister was abducted?
2. The book's prologue is particularly engaging for its target audience of _____.
3. What does Edmund see on the tavern wall?
4. Who is the man who hits Edmund with a gun?
5. When he is at Mrs. Whitman's house to deliver Dupin's letter, what does Edmund hear Mrs. Powers say she thinks Mrs. Whitman should do?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)