|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dupin goes to the courthouse, what do Thock and Fortnoy testify about?
(a) Killing Edmund's mother.
(b) Finding Aunt Pru's body.
(c) Witnessing the bank robbery.
(d) Abducting Edmund's sister.
2. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What does Dupin NOT tell Edmund about his mother?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She has been held captive by Rachett.
(c) She sent an urgent message to her sister.
(d) She followed her husband to Providence.
4. Who first used the locked-room concept?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Harry Houdini.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
5. With whom is Dupin's first encounter at the cemetery?
(c) Edmund's dead aunt.
(d) Mrs. Whitman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dupin tell Edmund that Rachett has killed?
2. What is the children's room like?
3. How are the children feeling when the novel begins?
4. Given what he learns at the portrait studio, what does Dupin come to believe?
5. When Edmund follows Dupin to see if he will meet Mrs. Whitman in the cemetery, Dupin first goes into a _____.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)