|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two things does this novel incorporate?
(a) Police work and amateur sleuthing.
(b) Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot as characters.
(c) Magic and realism.
(d) Poe's literary methodology and Poe as a fictional character.
2. How are the children feeling when the novel begins?
3. What type of man does Edmund meet on his way home in the prologue?
(d) A detective.
4. What type of book does Edmund's sister read?
(a) Nursery rhymes.
(c) Fairy tales.
5. When Dupin goes to the courthouse, what do Thock and Fortnoy testify about?
(a) Abducting Edmund's sister.
(b) Witnessing the bank robbery.
(c) Killing Edmund's mother.
(d) Finding Aunt Pru's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which fictional detective did Poe's writings influence?
2. Where does Peterson live?
3. After Edmund returns home at the beginning of the story, what is his most pressing goal?
4. When Edmund first mentions Rachett's name, where does Dupin remember hearing the name?
5. At the clothier's shop, what does the large man do when he sees Edmund?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)