|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund's sister convince him to do in the Prologue?
(a) Look for a job.
(b) Beg for food.
(c) Go out to buy food.
(d) Stay inside.
2. At the bank, who is the author of the urgent message Mr. Poley hands Peterson?
(c) Mr. Arnold.
(d) Mr. Rachett.
3. In Dupin and Throck's first meeting, what does Throck tell Dupin he has been hired to do?
(a) Find a relative of Edmund's.
(b) Murder Edmund's sister.
(c) Solve the bank robbery.
(d) Murder Edmund.
4. The book's prologue is particularly engaging for its target audience of _____.
(b) Amateur detectives.
(c) Professional detectives.
5. On his way to the saloon to buy supplies for himself and Dupin, who follow Edward?
(c) A ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dupin first meets Throck, what does he observes about him?
2. Why are the children alone at the beginning of the story?
3. As he leaves the bank, what does Dupin tell Peterson his name is?
4. When he is at Mrs. Whitman's house to deliver Dupin's letter, what does Edmund hear Mrs. Powers say she thinks Mrs. Whitman should do?
5. How much money does Edmund have at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)