|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dupin learn is the cause of Edmund's aunt's death?
(a) A suicide.
(c) A murder.
(d) An accident.
2. When Edmund enters his room with the food for himself and his sister, what state is his sister in?
(a) She is missing.
(b) She is in tears.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is asleep.
3. What is on the scrap of paper Edmund finds in Mrs. Whitman's house?
(a) It is a message to Dupin.
(b) It is unreadable.
(c) It is a message from Edmund's sister.
(d) It is a message to Mrs. Whitman.
4. When Edmund sees the corpse at the docks, at the beginning of the story, who does he identify her as?
(a) His mother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
5. Why didn't Edmund want to leave his sister alone?
(a) She is too young.
(b) The neighborhood is unsafe.
(c) She is ill.
(d) Someone threatens to kidnap her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dupin learn that Aunty Pru was told of Edmund's mother's location?
2. When they investigate the room that faces Edmund's room, what do Edmund and Dupin find?
3. At the clothier's shop, what does the large man do when he sees Edmund?
4. Who is Auguste Dupin?
5. When Edmund first mentions Rachett's name, where does Dupin remember hearing the name?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)