|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time Edmund and Dupin go to the saloon together, what do they learn?
(a) The Providence Bank has been robbed.
(b) A woman was killed by the docks.
(c) A man named Smith rented the room across from Edmund's.
(d) Sis was abducted from her room.
2. After they discuss Edmund's step-father, who does Dupin send Edmund to speak to at the docks?
(a) Mrs. Powers.
(b) Mr. Peterson.
(d) Captain Elias.
3. To whom does Edmund give the second letter that Dupin asks him to deliver?
(a) A maid.
(b) Mrs. Whitman.
4. What is the title of one of Edgar Allan Poe's famous mystery books?
(a) The Murder in the Rue Morte.
(b) The Murder in the Rue Morgue.
(c) The Murders in the Rue Morte.
(d) The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
5. Who is Auguste Dupin?
(a) A carpet salesman.
(b) A delivery man.
(c) A postal worker.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first used the locked-room concept?
2. After Edmund's room is ransacked, what does Edmund tell Dupin about his stepfather, Mr. Rachett?
3. What two things does this novel incorporate?
4. When Dupin goes to the courthouse, what do Thock and Fortnoy testify about?
5. What does Dupin find in the bank vault?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)