|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Edmund give the second letter that Dupin asks him to deliver?
(b) Mrs. Whitman.
(c) A maid.
2. After they discuss Edmund's step-father, who does Dupin send Edmund to speak to at the docks?
(b) Mr. Peterson.
(c) Mrs. Powers.
(d) Captain Elias.
3. When Dupin goes to the courthouse, what do Thock and Fortnoy testify about?
(a) Killing Edmund's mother.
(b) Witnessing the bank robbery.
(c) Finding Aunt Pru's body.
(d) Abducting Edmund's sister.
4. Which fictional detective did Poe's writings influence?
(a) Hercule Poirot.
(b) Hercules Poirot.
(c) Hercule Parrot.
(d) Hercules Parrot.
5. What does Dupin asks Edmund to do when they first meet?
(a) Help him write a story.
(b) Solve a mystery.
(c) Help him get a job.
(d) Deliver a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue, what does Edmund discover when he returns home?
2. What does Dupin learn is the cause of Edmund's aunt's death?
3. At the clothier's shop, what does the large man do when he sees Edmund?
4. The first time Edmund and Dupin go to the saloon together, what do they learn?
5. What does Edmund call his sister?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)