|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Edmund first mentions Rachett's name, where does Dupin remember hearing the name?
(a) The clothing store.
(b) The inquest.
(c) The tavern.
(d) The docks.
2. What does the piece of paper that is slipped under the door of Edmund's room tell Dupin?
(a) To meet Mrs. Whitman.
(b) Not to get involved.
(c) To meet William Arnold at the Hotel American House.
(d) An important clue.
3. What is the only item missing after Edmund's room is ransacked?
(a) A drawing of his sister.
(b) A drawing of his aunt and mother.
(c) A photograph of his aunt and mother.
(d) A photograph of his sister.
4. How does Dupin determine that Edmund's sister must have gotten out of the room she shares with Edmund?
(a) Through the chimney.
(b) Through a trap door in the floor.
(c) Through the window.
(d) Through the front door.
5. What is the title of one of Edgar Allan Poe's famous mystery books?
(a) The Murder in the Rue Morgue.
(b) The Murders in the Rue Morte.
(c) The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
(d) The Murder in the Rue Morte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dupin want Edmund to find out at the docks?
2. What does Edmund read in Dupin's notebook at the tavern?
3. The prologue is engaging because it sets up a crime in which _____.
4. When he is at Mrs. Whitman's house to deliver Dupin's letter, what does Edmund hear Mrs. Powers say she thinks Mrs. Whitman should do?
5. Who is Sherlock Holmes?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)