|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story take place?
(a) London, England.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Providence, Rhode Island.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
2. How are the children feeling when the novel begins?
3. What two things does this novel incorporate?
(a) Magic and realism.
(b) Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot as characters.
(c) Police work and amateur sleuthing.
(d) Poe's literary methodology and Poe as a fictional character.
4. What type of man does Edmund meet on his way home in the prologue?
(c) A detective.
5. In the prologue, where is the children's mother?
(a) Looking for her sister.
(c) Begging for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poe's main character in one of his famous mystery books was the first to use a combination of ____.
2. What promise does Sis make to Edmund before he leaves her alone in the room?
3. The prologue is engaging because it sets up a crime in which _____.
4. After Edmund returns home at the beginning of the story, what is his most pressing goal?
5. When Edmund enters his room with the food for himself and his sister, what state is his sister in?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)