|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the children's room like?
2. What promise does Sis make to Edmund before he leaves her alone in the room?
(a) She won't go out while he's gone.
(b) If their aunt returns, Sis will take responsibility for his leaving.
(c) She'll call a neighbor if she needs help.
(d) She'll let him have most of the food he buys.
3. Where do the children live?
(a) Above a saloon.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a tenement.
(d) In a cozy house.
4. Why are the children alone at the beginning of the story?
(a) They are orphans.
(b) They are waiting for their aunt's return.
(c) Their parents are out for the evening.
(d) A neighbor is looking after them.
5. Where does Edmund take the man he encounters on the street at the beginning of the story?
(a) Ann Street.
(b) Wickenden Street.
(c) Shamrock Street.
(d) Windemere Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sherlock Holmes?
2. How are the children feeling when the novel begins?
3. The prologue introduces the reader to all of the following EXCEPT _____.
4. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
5. In what year does the story take place?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)