|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first used the locked-room concept?
(a) Edgar Allan Poe.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Harry Houdini.
2. What does Edmund call his sister?
3. What type of man does Edmund meet on his way home in the prologue?
(d) A detective.
4. How are the children feeling when the novel begins?
5. In the prologue, what does Edmund discover when he returns home?
(a) He forgot to lock the door.
(b) He's forgotten his key.
(c) His sister has opened the door.
(d) The door is still locked from the outside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of one of Edgar Allan Poe's famous mystery books?
2. How does Edmund get home with the food for himself and his sister?
3. In the prologue, where is the children's mother?
4. The prologue introduces the reader to all of the following EXCEPT _____.
5. How much money does Edmund have at the beginning of the story?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)