|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dupin determine that Edmund's sister must have gotten out of the room she shares with Edmund?
(a) Through the chimney.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Through the front door.
(d) Through a trap door in the floor.
2. When Dupin first meets Throck, what does he observes about him?
(a) He is a former detective.
(b) He is a former military man.
(c) He is a former convict.
(d) He is a father.
3. According to Dupin, from whom did Rachett learn about the gold in the vault?
(b) A newspaper.
4. Who first used the locked-room concept?
(a) Harry Houdini.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe.
5. When Edward goes to the saloon to buy supplies for himself and Dupin, according to the posted sign, who is offering a reward for the location of Mrs. G. Rachett?
(a) Mr. Arnold.
(b) The police.
(c) Mr. Rachett.
(d) Mr. Poley.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Edmund returns home at the beginning of the story, what is his most pressing goal?
2. While Dupin is at Mrs. Whitman's home, what does Captain Elias tell Edmund at the docks?
3. What does the piece of paper that is slipped under the door of Edmund's room tell Dupin?
4. The first time Edmund and Dupin go to the saloon together, what do they learn?
5. What does Dupin asks Edmund to do when they first meet?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)