|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 11-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he stops on his way to the cemetery, what does Dupin imagine that he sees?
2. When Edmund follows Dupin to see if he will meet Mrs. Whitman in the cemetery, Dupin first goes into a _____.
3. How does Edmund get home with the food for himself and his sister?
(a) By bus.
(b) He runs.
(c) By bicycle.
(d) He walks.
4. For what reason does Dupin believe Edmund's sister was abducted?
(a) So she could lead Edmund out of his room.
(b) So she could be held for ransom.
(c) So she could assist with the bank robbery.
(d) So she could lead Rachett to Edward's mother.
5. In the prologue, where is the children's mother?
(a) Looking for her sister.
(c) Begging for food.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the clothier's shop, what does the large man do when he sees Edmund?
2. When Edmund and Mrs. Whitman first meet, what does Mrs. Whitman ask Edmund about Dupin?
3. After Edmund returns home at the beginning of the story, what is his most pressing goal?
4. What does Dupin see from the bell tower?
5. What does another of the notices say?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)