1. Where does the story take place?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Providence, Rhode Island.
(d) London, England.
2. In what month does the story begin?
3. In what year does the story take place?
4. Where do the children live?
(a) In a cozy house.
(b) In a tenement.
(c) Above a saloon.
(d) In a hotel.
5. What is the children's room like?
6. Why are the children alone at the beginning of the story?
(a) They are waiting for their aunt's return.
(b) They are orphans.
(c) Their parents are out for the evening.
(d) A neighbor is looking after them.
7. What does Edmund call his sister?
8. What is Edmund's sister's real name?
(a) Not revealed.
9. What type of book does Edmund's sister read?
(a) Fairy tales.
(c) Nursery rhymes.
10. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two weeks.
This section contains 4,720 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)