1. Where does the story take place?
(a) London, England.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) Providence, Rhode Island.
(d) New York, New York.
2. In what month does the story begin?
3. In what year does the story take place?
4. Where do the children live?
(a) Above a saloon.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a tenement.
(d) In a cozy house.
5. What is the children's room like?
6. Why are the children alone at the beginning of the story?
(a) They are orphans.
(b) Their parents are out for the evening.
(c) A neighbor is looking after them.
(d) They are waiting for their aunt's return.
7. What does Edmund call his sister?
8. What is Edmund's sister's real name?
(c) Not revealed.
9. What type of book does Edmund's sister read?
(b) Fairy tales.
(c) Nursery rhymes.
10. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
This section contains 4,720 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)