• Edmund and Sis wait in their room for their aunt to return.
• Edmund watches Sis read a book of fairy tales.
• Sis convinces Edmund to go out to buy food.
• Reluctantly, Edmund leaves his sister.
• He goes to the saloon and buys bread.
• An old man asks Edmund to guide him to Shamrock Street.
• Edmund is in a hurry to get back, but helps the man because it is the right thing to do.
• Edmund runs all the way back to his room.
• When Edmund unlocks the door to his room, his sister is gone.
Part 1, Chapters 1-10
• Dupin meets Edmund, who tells him about his situation.
• Dupin offers to help Edmund if Edmund delivers a letter for him.
• Edmund delivers the letter.
• Dupin asks Edmund if he can stay at Edmund's place.
• Edmund and Dupin go to the docks.
• Dupin sees a dead woman who resembles...
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)