* Edmund and Sis wait in their room for their aunt to return.
* Edmund watches Sis read a book of fairy tales.
* Sis convinces Edmund to go out to buy food.
* Reluctantly, Edmund leaves his sister.
* He goes to the saloon and buys bread.
* An old man asks Edmund to guide him to Shamrock Street.
* Edmund is in a hurry to get back, but helps the man because it is the right thing to do.
* Edmund runs all the way back to his room.
* When Edmund unlocks the door to his room, his sister is gone.
Part 1, Chapters 1-10
* Dupin meets Edmund, who tells him about his situation.
* Dupin offers to help Edmund if Edmund delivers a letter for him.
* Edmund delivers the letter.
* Dupin asks Edmund if he can stay at Edmund's place.
* Edmund and Dupin go to the docks.
* Dupin sees a dead woman who resembles...
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)