Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
* Edmund and Sis wait in their room for their aunt to return.
* Edmund watches Sis read a book of fairy tales.
Part 1, Chapters 1-10 Abstract
* Sis convinces Edmund to go out to buy food.
Part 2, Chapters 11-18 Abstract
* Reluctantly, Edmund leaves his sister.
* He goes to the saloon and buys bread.
Part 3, Chapters 19-22 Abstract
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)