Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disorder does the main character have?
2. What is the main character's primary affliction?
3. What hobby does the main character take up later in life?
4. What are some activities that the main character enjoys?
5. What are the symptoms of the main character's affliction?
Essay Topic 1
Outline what you believe to be one main theme of Sacks' book. For instance, how does he treat his patients? You must use three examples from the book to illustrate your point. The paper must be five pages, double-spaced.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Two, Sacks wonders whether Jimmie G. has a soul because he has no ability to lay down new memories. Is Sacks right to worry? What is it to have a soul and how it is connected to our memories? If we lose the ability to lay down our memories, do we lose our souls?
Essay Topic 3
Write a research paper on reminiscence? What are the types of reminiscence? What are the most common types? Are the memories that patients with reminiscence re-experience accurate? Or are they full of errors?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)