|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the twins are separated?
2. When is the affliction discovered and treated? When is it rediscovered?
3. Sacks calls the main character:
4. What is the disorder discussed in the chapter named by Sacks?
5. What hobby does the main character take up later in life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please describe some recent research on idiot savants like John and Michael. What are some standard abilities of idiot savants? Do we have any better idea of what could cause their condition than we did when this book was written?
Essay Topic 2
Write a research paper on reminiscence? What are the types of reminiscence? What are the most common types? Are the memories that patients with reminiscence re-experience accurate? Or are they full of errors?
Essay Topic 3
What is Parkinson's disease? How does it affect the brain? What are common treatments for the disease? How effective are they? What prospects are there for a cure. Please write a five-page essay on this topic, double spaced. Cite your sources.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)