|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some activities that the main character enjoys?
2. What are the effects of the main character's affliction?
3. How does the main character recall the murder?
4. The second main character in the chapter hears what over and over again?
5. What is the main character's main emotion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A great deal of neurological research has been done on how aphasia affects the language centers of the brain. Complete a five page research paper where you summarize this research.
Essay Topic 2
Write a research paper on reminiscence? What are the types of reminiscence? What are the most common types? Are the memories that patients with reminiscence re-experience accurate? Or are they full of errors?
Essay Topic 3
Please describe some recent research on idiot savants like John and Michael. What are some standard abilities of idiot savants? Do we have any better idea of what could cause their condition than we did when this book was written?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)