|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the main characters in this chapter?
2. How does the court treat the main character?
3. The main character has an amazing memory for what:
4. How do people on the street react to the main character?
5. The main character addresses Dr. Sacks as three different people. Which ones?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different forms of reminiscence that Mrs. O'C and Mrs. O'M experience. How do they react to their disorders? Why do you believe that respond so differently?
Essay Topic 2
What is retrograde amnesia? What causes it? To what extent can it be cured? How does it often disappear and why?
Essay Topic 3
Sacks often tries to argue that science leaves out important facets of his patients' lives. Please select two examples from the book where Sacks does this and then use the examples to discuss what you think the limits of science are in explaining the human experience, using the two cases you selected as illustration. The paper must be four pages, double spaced.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)