|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some activities that the main character enjoys?
2. Which other character in the book does the main character in this chapter share a disorder with?
3. The main character responds to treatment by first regaining what?
4. What is the main character's affliction?
5. Who is the main character of this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the neurological phenomenon that leads the man in Chapter Four to believe that his leg was not his own. What causes this neurological defect? And why can't the man recognize the leg is his own even when Dr. Sacks assures him of it? What should be done for the man? Should his leg be removed?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Christina's condition. Then speculate on how you believe she withstood the psychological pressure to give up on her life. How would you have reacted in a similar situation?
Essay Topic 3
Write a research paper on Mr. P's disorder. Explain the neurological causes and subsequent effects of the disease. Discuss at least one case study and assess the prospects for recovery.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)