|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's primary affliction?
2. What disorder does the main character have?
3. What is the twins' special ability?
4. When is the affliction discovered and treated? When is it rediscovered?
5. What is the name of the main character in this chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please describe some recent research on idiot savants like John and Michael. What are some standard abilities of idiot savants? Do we have any better idea of what could cause their condition than we did when this book was written?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Witty Ticcy Ray's condition and his ultimate choice to take his medication during the week and go off of them on the weekends. Is this a wise decision or not? Spell out your answer in detail. Make sure to give arguments for your position.
Essay Topic 3
Please outline in detail the costs and benefits of phantom limb syndrome to an amputee. You must list at least two costs of the disorder and at least one benefit. Please research a case study and illustrate your points with the study.
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)