|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the main character recall the murder?
2. What is the main character's main emotion?
3. To what extent does the main character recognize his disorder?
4. How does the court treat the main character?
5. How does the main character become himself again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is retrograde amnesia? What causes it? To what extent can it be cured? How does it often disappear and why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different forms of reminiscence that Mrs. O'C and Mrs. O'M experience. How do they react to their disorders? Why do you believe that respond so differently?
Essay Topic 3
Please describe some recent research on idiot savants like John and Michael. What are some standard abilities of idiot savants? Do we have any better idea of what could cause their condition than we did when this book was written?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)