|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first main character discussed in detail exhibits what symptom?
2. When is the affliction discovered and treated? When is it rediscovered?
3. Who is the main character in this chapter?
4. What disorder does the main character have?
5. The main character responds to treatment by first regaining what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Bhagawhandi's tumor affect her visions? To what extent is Bhagawhandi justified in believing that her visions are helping her 'journey home', as she puts it? Is it better to embrace the illusion? Or should she try to fight them? What would you do in her position and why?
Essay Topic 2
A great deal of neurological research has been done on how aphasia affects the language centers of the brain. Complete a five page research paper where you summarize this research.
Essay Topic 3
What is Parkinson's disease? How does it affect the brain? What are common treatments for the disease? How effective are they? What prospects are there for a cure. Please write a five-page essay on this topic, double spaced. Cite your sources.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)