Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Dr. Sacks and Mr. P part ways, how much longer does Mr. P teach music?
2. For Sacks it is important to treat his patients with:
3. How many cases are covered in this chapter?
4. How is the main character treated?
5. What word does Dr. Sacks use to describe the way the main character feels?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. P able to recognize objects?
2. How does Sacks react to Mrs. B's view about her own condition?
3. What is the overall theme of the book?
4. What is strange about the period that Jimmie is stuck in from Dr. Sacks' perspective?
5. What is Natasha K's affliction? What is its cause? How does it affect her? Does she like it or dislike it?
6. What is Mr. MacGregor's disorder? How does he discover it?
7. Where is the main character housed after the trial? How does he come to recall the crime he committed?
8. What is Mrs. B's condition? How does it affect her? Is she bothered by it?
9. What is Witty Ticcy Ray's disorder? How does it hurt him? How does it benefit him?
10. What are the main character's experiences due to her affliction about? How does she react to them?
Essay Topic 1
Write a research paper on reminiscence? What are the types of reminiscence? What are the most common types? Are the memories that patients with reminiscence re-experience accurate? Or are they full of errors?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different forms of reminiscence that Mrs. O'C and Mrs. O'M experience. How do they react to their disorders? Why do you believe that respond so differently?
Essay Topic 3
Outline what you believe to be one main theme of Sacks' book. For instance, how does he treat his patients? You must use three examples from the book to illustrate your point. The paper must be five pages, double-spaced.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)