|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character's emotions change when he wakes up from his nap?
(a) Calm and even tempered
(b) Agitated and angry
(c) Fearful and uneasy
(d) Upbeat and joyful
2. What was the main character's previous occupation?
(a) Math Teacher
(b) English Teacher
(c) Gym Teacher
(d) History Teacher
3. What is his problem with body?
(a) He believes that his leg is someone else's.
(b) He believes that his arm is someone else's.
(c) He believes that his hands are someone else's.
(d) He believes that his face is someone else's.
4. Which medicine is used to calm down the main character?
5. How is the main character affected by Reagan's speech?
(a) She cannot understand it at all
(b) She hears inconsistencies in it that others cannot
(c) She hates it
(d) She is totally enamored with it
Short Answer Questions
1. Sacks thinks of his patients as:
2. How old is the character in this chapter?
3. The chapter covers a disorder where people who have lost limbs believe and feel that they are still there. What is this disorder called?
4. The main character's disorder involves a breakdown of cooperation between which three body systems?
5. Sacks sees himself as having what kind of personality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sacks see the theme of 'what science leaves out' play into the chapter? What does he thinks this leaves out?
2. What is the main character's response to her treatment? How does she react?
3. When the main character loses his affliction? What has he lost? What does he think he has lost?
4. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? What does he maintain despite his affliction?
5. What is Miguel's affliction? How does it affect him? How is it treated? And are its effects good or bad?
6. How does Christina cope with her condition?
7. To what degree does Sachs see himself as a novelist? And to what degree does he see himself as a scientist?
8. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? How does it affect him?
9. What is the twins' unique ability? In what venues do they use it? Does it give them intelligence in other areas?
10. What is Mrs. S condition? What is its cause? What are some of her symptoms?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)