|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character's name is
(a) Witty Ticcy Ray
(b) Emily G.
(d) Mr. P
2. The main character has a high level of intelligence, allowing him/her to accomplish what despite his/her disability?
(a) Go to College
(b) Get a PhD
(c) Go to College and Get Married
(d) Get Married
3. What happens when the main character attempts to remove one of his body parts?
(a) He howls with pain.
(b) He bleeds profusely.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He throws himself onto the floor.
4. What are the agents that spread the main character's disorder?
5. What is the consequence scientists pay when they ignore the a patient's high cognitive function?
(a) They are unable to empathize with their patients.
(b) They are out of touch with reality.
(c) They can do nothing to help their patients.
(d) They cannot diagnose their patients properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surgery is the main character admitted into the hospital to have?
2. Which capacity of the main character is enhanced by his/her disability?
3. What is Dr. Sacks' treatment of the main character?
4. How does the main character's emotions change when he wakes up from his nap?
5. What was the main character's previous occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main character's affliction? What crime is he on trial for? What is the outcome of the trial?
2. What is Witty Ticcy Ray's treatment? Why doesn't he like it at first? How does he cope with it?
3. How is Madeline's problem fixed? What was the cause of her disorder in the first place?
4. What is Mrs. S condition? What is its cause? What are some of her symptoms?
5. What is Mr. MacGregor's disorder? How does he discover it?
6. How does the main character handle her grandmother's death? What activities does she start in? Which does she end up in?
7. What is Miguel's affliction? How does it affect him? How is it treated? And are its effects good or bad?
8. What is the cause of the main character's affliction? When is it first treated? When does it return?
9. What is the main character's affliction? How it is treated?
10. What is the cause of Christina's condition? Do scientists think it is a plausible cause?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)