|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the main character's nurses help him/her fix his/her disability?
(a) Giving the patient electroshock therapy.
(b) Putting a food tray out of reach.
(c) Recommending surgery.
(d) Putting medicine in the patient's IV.
2. Dr. P cannot recognize what?
3. What branch of the armed services was Jimmie G. in?
(a) The Air Force
(b) The Army
(c) The Navy
(d) The Marines
4. How does the patient respond to Sacks?
(a) He recognizes that Sacks is right.
(b) He does not believe Sacks.
(c) He believes Sacks hesitantly.
(d) He argues with Sacks but eventually agrees with him.
5. Which sort of memory does Jimmie G. lack?
(a) Short-term Memory
(b) Semantic Memory
(c) Long-term Memory
(d) Tactile Memory
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Sacks respond to the main character?
2. Who is the main character of this chapter?
3. Why doesn't the introduction of a video system work?
4. What does Sacks compare his tales to?
5. The main character of this chapter has which disorder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. P's affliction? How does it affect his life?
2. What is Sacks's attitude towards his patients?
3. What is Witty Ticcy Ray's treatment? Why doesn't he like it at first? How does he cope with it?
4. Speculate as to why Sacks included Hildegard of Bingen in this book.
5. How does Sacks see the relationship between memory and life? How does Sacks see the connection in Jimmie G.?
6. How does the main character handle her grandmother's death? What activities does she start in? Which does she end up in?
7. Why does it matter to Sacks that he tell stories about his patients rather than giving sterile case studies?
8. What is strange about the period that Jimmie is stuck in from Dr. Sacks' perspective?
9. What does the main character believe is wrong?
10. What is the main character's affliction? How it is treated?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)