|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. P cannot recognize what?
2. Which medicine is used to calm down the main character?
3. What is the technical term of Jimmie G.'s disorder?
(b) Retrograde Amnesia
4. Which part of the main character's body does he/she refer to as "lumps of dough?"
5. What is the main character's affliction?
(a) The patient tilts to one side when walking but is unaware of it.
(b) The patient is paralyzed from the waist down but is unaware of it.
(c) The patient is stuck in 1955 in his mind but is unaware of it.
(d) The patient has lost a limb but is unaware of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of the chapter?
2. What branch of the armed services was Jimmie G. in?
3. How does the main character regain control of his/her body?
4. How does the remedy work?
5. Patients with the main character's disorder have trouble with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. S condition? What is its cause? What are some of her symptoms?
2. How does Sacks answer the following questions? Is there a place in society for people like Jose? Does Jose have a functional role in society? Or is he too disabled to function?
3. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is the main character's occupation and affliction?
4. Which activities return the main character to normal? Why?
5. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? How does it affect him?
6. What does the main character believe is wrong?
7. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is her affliction? How does she handle relationships with others?
8. What is the source of the twins' ability? How can they lose their ability?
9. Speculate as to why Sacks included Hildegard of Bingen in this book.
10. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? What does he maintain despite his affliction?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)