|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sort of memory does Jimmie G. lack?
(a) Long-term Memory
(b) Semantic Memory
(c) Short-term Memory
(d) Tactile Memory
2. What does the main character do with this body part?
(a) Tries to cut it off
(b) Throws it out of bed
(c) Beats it until it is bruised
(d) Asks someone to amputate it
3. Where is the main character sitting when the nurses find him?
(a) On the floor
(b) On the side of his bed
(c) In the hall
(d) In a chair
4. What does Mr. P do to keep himself oriented?
(a) Memorizes routines
(b) Asks for help
(c) Follows his wife's instructions
(d) Sings to himself
5. After Dr. Sacks and Mr. P part ways, how much longer does Mr. P teach music?
(a) 5 years
(b) The rest of his life
(c) 1 year
(d) 10 years
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the introduction of a video system work?
2. Who is the main character of this chapter?
3. The chapter covers a disorder where people who have lost limbs believe and feel that they are still there. What is this disorder called?
4. Sacks sees himself as having what kind of personality?
5. What is proprioception?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Christina cope with her condition?
2. What is the change in the main character's demeanor in the chapter and why?
3. What is the twins' unique ability? In what venues do they use it? Does it give them intelligence in other areas?
4. What is the overall theme of the book?
5. What is Witty Ticcy Ray's disorder? How does it hurt him? How does it benefit him?
6. How do people react to the main character on the street? What does she do to avoid their reaction?
7. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? How does it affect him?
8. Where is the main character housed after the trial? How does he come to recall the crime he committed?
9. How do observes view the main character, given his inability to recognize that his leg hasn't been replaced?
10. What is Mr. P's affliction? How does it affect his life?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)