|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of his patients is Sacks concerned to communicate to his reader?
(a) Their neurological defect
(b) Their diagnosis
(c) Their treatment
(d) Their representation of self
2. In what place does Jimmie recover a part of himself?
3. How many cases are covered in this chapter?
4. What does Mr. P do to keep himself oriented?
(a) Sings to himself
(b) Asks for help
(c) Follows his wife's instructions
(d) Memorizes routines
5. What is the name of the main character mentioned in the postscript?
(a) Witty Ticcy Ray
(c) Mr. P
(d) Jimmie G.
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character's disorder involves a breakdown of cooperation between which three body systems?
2. What is the cause of the main character's inability to use one of her body parts?
3. What feature of humans does Sacks wonder if Jimmie lacks?
4. The main character has which problem?
5. For Sacks it is important to treat his patients with:
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the cause of the main character's affliction? When is it first treated? When does it return?
2. What is proprioception? What does losing it prevent you from doing?
3. How does the main character handle her grandmother's death? What activities does she start in? Which does she end up in?
4. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? How does it affect him?
5. What is the twins' unique ability? In what venues do they use it? Does it give them intelligence in other areas?
6. What is Mrs. O'C's primary symptom? What is Mrs. O'M's primary symptom? How do their attitudes differ about their symptoms?
7. What is Mr. P's affliction? How does it affect his life?
8. What is Witty Ticcy Ray's disorder? How does it hurt him? How does it benefit him?
9. What is Mr. MacGregor's disorder? How does he discover it?
10. When the main character loses his affliction? What has he lost? What does he think he has lost?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)