|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character's name is
(a) Emily G.
(b) Witty Ticcy Ray
(c) Mr. P
2. What word does Dr. Sacks use to describe the way the main character feels?
3. What is his problem with body?
(a) He believes that his arm is someone else's.
(b) He believes that his face is someone else's.
(c) He believes that his hands are someone else's.
(d) He believes that his leg is someone else's.
4. What was the main character's previous occupation?
(a) Gym Teacher
(b) History Teacher
(c) Math Teacher
(d) English Teacher
5. Sacks finds his patients:
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the main character treated?
2. Which part of the main character's body does he/she refer to as "lumps of dough?"
3. How long does Sacks cover the patient's condition without seeing recovery?
4. After Dr. Sacks and Mr. P part ways, how much longer does Mr. P teach music?
5. Which capacity of the main character is enhanced by his/her disability?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? How does it affect him?
2. Which activities return the main character to normal? Why?
3. How do observes view the main character, given his inability to recognize that his leg hasn't been replaced?
4. To what degree does Sachs see himself as a novelist? And to what degree does he see himself as a scientist?
5. What disorder to Jimmie have? What is it called? What does it involve? Can patients with this disorder make progress?
6. How does Christina cope with her condition?
7. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is the main character's occupation and affliction?
8. What is the main character's affliction? What crime is he on trial for? What is the outcome of the trial?
9. How does Sacks answer the following questions? Is there a place in society for people like Jose? Does Jose have a functional role in society? Or is he too disabled to function?
10. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? What does he maintain despite his affliction?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)