|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of individuals in the old folks home where the main character lives end up using his/her solution to his/her disorder?
2. The main character's disorder involves a breakdown of cooperation between which three body systems?
(a) Hearing, proprioception, and vision
(b) Hearing, balance organs, and proprioception
(c) Vision, balance organs, and proprioception
(d) Hearing, balance organs, and vision
3. How old is the main character?
4. Who is the neuroscientist Sacks receives advice from in Chapter 1?
5. How is the main character affected by Reagan's speech?
(a) She hates it
(b) She is totally enamored with it
(c) She hears inconsistencies in it that others cannot
(d) She cannot understand it at all
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the main character do with this body part?
2. The main character has which of the following problems?
3. What surgery is the main character admitted into the hospital to have?
4. What is the first man worried about?
5. Who is the main character of this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sacks's attitude towards his patients?
2. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is his affliction? How does it affect him?
3. What is the main character's disorder? How does it compare to Witty Ticcy Ray's? How does she handle it on the street?
4. What is Mr. P's affliction? How does it affect his life?
5. How do people react to the main character on the street? What does she do to avoid their reaction?
6. What is Witty Ticcy Ray's disorder? How does it hurt him? How does it benefit him?
7. Why does it matter to Sacks that he tell stories about his patients rather than giving sterile case studies?
8. Which activities return the main character to normal? Why?
9. What is Miguel's affliction? How does it affect him? How is it treated? And are its effects good or bad?
10. Where is the main character housed after the trial? How does he come to recall the crime he committed?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)