|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year does Sacks think Jimmie G's memory should have stopped?
2. What part of the main character's body does he have a problem with?
(a) His arm
(b) His face
(c) His leg
(d) His hands
3. What is the main character's most frustrating disability?
(a) She cannot walk.
(b) She cannot talk.
(c) She cannot stand up.
(d) She cannot use her hands.
4. What is the first man worried about?
(a) Cutting his leg.
(b) Breaking his finger.
(c) Tripping over his foot.
(d) Poking his eye out.
5. What time period is Jimmie stuck in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might the disorder mentioned in the chapter be a good thing?
2. Why doesn't the introduction of a video system work?
3. After Dr. Sacks and Mr. P part ways, how much longer does Mr. P teach music?
4. Which part of the main character's body does he/she refer to as "lumps of dough?"
5. What are the agents that spread the main character's disorder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sacks answer the following questions? Is there a place in society for people like Jose? Does Jose have a functional role in society? Or is he too disabled to function?
2. What is Miguel's affliction? How does it affect him? How is it treated? And are its effects good or bad?
3. What is the connection between Christina's dream and her ailment?
4. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is the main character's occupation and affliction?
5. What are the main character's experiences due to her affliction about? How does she react to them?
6. What is the main character's response to her treatment? How does she react?
7. What is Mrs. S condition? What is its cause? What are some of her symptoms?
8. How does Dr. Sacks approach the main character?
9. What is Natasha K's affliction? What is its cause? How does it affect her? Does she like it or dislike it?
10. Sacks claims that he is trying to mix two different parts of his personality. Which two parts are these and how does he attempt to mix them?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)