Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Sacks and Mr. P part ways, how much longer does Mr. P teach music?
(a) 1 year
(b) 5 years
(c) 10 years
(d) The rest of his life
2. For Sacks it is important to treat his patients with:
(d) A Helping Hand
3. How many cases are covered in this chapter?
4. How is the main character treated?
(a) He/She is given a wheelchair to give him/her a sense of independence
(b) He/She is given a wheel chair so he/she can turn right
(c) He/She is given a wheelchair so he/she can go to the bathroom on his/her own
(d) He/She is given a wheelchair so he/she can turn left
5. What word does Dr. Sacks use to describe the way the main character feels?
Short Answer Questions
1. Most neuroscientists thought that most neurological disorders were caused by damage to what part of the brain?
2. What is the first man worried about?
3. The main character does not like his treatment. How does he/she cope?
4. To what extent is Jimmie G's intelligence impaired?
5. How does the main character compensate for his/her disorder?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Mr. P able to recognize objects?
2. How does Sacks react to Mrs. B's view about her own condition?
3. What is the overall theme of the book?
4. What is strange about the period that Jimmie is stuck in from Dr. Sacks' perspective?
5. What is Natasha K's affliction? What is its cause? How does it affect her? Does she like it or dislike it?
6. What is Mr. MacGregor's disorder? How does he discover it?
7. Where is the main character housed after the trial? How does he come to recall the crime he committed?
8. What is Mrs. B's condition? How does it affect her? Is she bothered by it?
9. What is Witty Ticcy Ray's disorder? How does it hurt him? How does it benefit him?
10. What are the main character's experiences due to her affliction about? How does she react to them?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)