|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surgery is the main character admitted into the hospital to have?
(b) Back surgery
(c) Kidney transplant
(d) Gallbladder surgery
2. In what place does Jimmie recover a part of himself?
3. The main character's affliction causes her to feel how?
(a) Sad and depressed
(b) Somber and reflective
(c) Happy and flirtatious
(d) Angry and frustrated
4. What year does Sacks think Jimmie G's memory should have stopped?
5. The main character's disorder involves a breakdown of cooperation between which three body systems?
(a) Vision, balance organs, and proprioception
(b) Hearing, balance organs, and vision
(c) Hearing, proprioception, and vision
(d) Hearing, balance organs, and proprioception
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cases are covered in this chapter?
2. What is Dr. Sacks' treatment of the main character?
3. What are the agents that spread the main character's disorder?
4. What happens when the main character attempts to remove one of his body parts?
5. Dr. P possesses which personal qualities.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the main character in this chapter? What is the main character's occupation and affliction?
2. What central feature of all humans is Sacks worried that Jimmie lacks? Why is Sacks so worried? And what alleviates his worry?
3. To what degree does Sachs see himself as a novelist? And to what degree does he see himself as a scientist?
4. How does Sacks answer the following questions? Is there a place in society for people like Jose? Does Jose have a functional role in society? Or is he too disabled to function?
5. What is Miguel's affliction? How does it affect him? How is it treated? And are its effects good or bad?
6. When the main character loses his affliction? What has he lost? What does he think he has lost?
7. How does Mr. MacGregor work to compensate for his disorder?
8. What is the main character's affliction? How it is treated?
9. What is the main character's response to her treatment? How does she react?
10. Who are the two main character's in this chapter? What is their affliction called and what does it generally consist in?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)