|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character has an amazing memory for what:
2. William Penfield calls the disorder discussed in the chapter by what technical name?
(a) Mental Degradation
(b) Mental Aphasia
(c) Mental Displopia
(d) Mental Agnosia
3. How does the main character handle her grandmother's death?
(a) With Compsure
(b) She has a nervous breakdown
(c) She runs away from home
(d) With Rage
4. Where did James Parkinson identify Parkinsonism?
(a) In the streets of London
(b) In an old folks home in London
(c) In a hospital in London
(d) In a lab in London
5. What has the main character experienced over the last twenty-four years?
(a) A Trance
(b) Fits of Rage
(c) A Coma
(d) Deep Depression
6. What are the effects of the main character's affliction?
(a) Inability to identify others
(b) Inability to identify himself
(c) Inability to comprehend language
(d) Inability to attend to his right side.
7. Who is the main character of this chapter?
(a) Jimmie G.
(b) Witty Ticcy Ray
(d) Stephen D.
8. What is the main character's occupation?
(d) Medical Student
9. What was an activity of the main character's?
10. What is the main character's affliction?
(a) She has reminiscence
(b) She has blindsight
(c) She is paralyzed
(d) She is a retardate
11. What is the disorder discussed in the chapter named by Sacks?
12. The second main character in the chapter hears what over and over again?
(a) Three hymns that she knows
(b) Some conversations she remembers from her childhood
(c) Some old rock tunes from her youth
(d) A discussion with her father about her mother's death
13. What is the name of the main character in this chapter?
(a) Mrs O'M
14. How does the main character recall the murder?
(a) He has a bike accident that puts him in a coma
(b) He gets his by a bat and can immediately remember the murder
(c) He gets hit by a car and can immediately remember the murder
(d) He gets hit by a car and goes into a coma
15. What disease does the main character have?
(b) Huntingdon's Disease
(d) Phantom Limb Syndrome
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character's treatment causes her to enjoy what?
2. Where does the main character end up flourishing?
3. Who is the main character of this chapter?
4. Sacks calls the main character:
5. Which other character in the book does the main character in this chapter share a disorder with?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)