|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Penfield calls the disorder discussed in the chapter by what technical name?
(a) Mental Agnosia
(b) Mental Degradation
(c) Mental Aphasia
(d) Mental Displopia
2. What disorder does the main character have?
(a) Tourette's Syndrome
(b) Alzheimer's Disease
(c) Parkinson's Disease
(d) Phantom Limb Syndrome
3. The first main character discussed in detail exhibits what symptom?
(a) She finds herself trapped within memories of being in Ireland from time to time
(b) She loses her sense of time and space
(c) She is temporarily transported back to events from her teenage years each week
(d) She wakes up in the middle of the night hearing songs from her childhood
4. How does the main character describe what is happening to her?
(a) She is
(b) She is
(c) She is
(d) She is
5. To what extent does the main character recognize his disorder?
(a) Only when he is willing to face the truth
(b) All the time
(c) Only at certain times
(d) Not at all
6. What hobby does the main character take up later in life?
(a) Stamp Collecting
7. How do the main character's symptoms progress?
(a) They lengthen in time but do not become more frequent
(b) They shorten in time but do not become more frequent
(c) They become more frequent and she becomes lost in them
(d) They become less frequent and she recovers
8. How does the main character recall the murder?
(a) He gets hit by a car and goes into a coma
(b) He has a bike accident that puts him in a coma
(c) He gets his by a bat and can immediately remember the murder
(d) He gets hit by a car and can immediately remember the murder
9. What was an activity of the main character's?
10. What is the main character's main emotion?
11. Who are the two twins in the chapter?
(a) Michael and Ray
(b) Ray and John
(c) Jimmy and John
(d) John and Michael
12. The main character addresses Dr. Sacks as three different people. Which ones?
(a) Father, Sister, Doctor
(b) Sister, Brother, Father
(c) Sister, Brother, Doctor
(d) Father, Brother, Doctor
13. What is the name of the main character in this chapter?
(b) Mrs O'M
14. Who does the main character kill?
(a) His Girlfriend
(b) His Grandmother
(c) His Mother
(d) His Sister
15. Why does the main character confabulate?
(a) He cannot understand what people say
(b) He cannot perceive his right leg
(c) He cannot remember his own life story
(d) He cannot figure out who others are
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's affliction?
2. What are the effects of the main character's affliction?
3. How does the court treat the main character?
4. Are patients with the main character's disorder aware of their problem?
5. What was the main character's symptoms?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)