|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first main character discussed in detail exhibits what symptom?
(a) She loses her sense of time and space
(b) She finds herself trapped within memories of being in Ireland from time to time
(c) She is temporarily transported back to events from her teenage years each week
(d) She wakes up in the middle of the night hearing songs from her childhood
2. Who does the main character kill?
(a) His Grandmother
(b) His Mother
(c) His Sister
(d) His Girlfriend
3. How does the patient react to her perceptions of individuals as fractured?
(a) She is depressed
(b) She is shocked
(c) She sees no problem with it
(d) She is angry
4. Sacks calls the main character:
(a) An Idiot Ecclesiastes
(b) A Friend of God
(c) A Foolish Isaiah
(d) A Shadow of Ruth
5. William Penfield calls the disorder discussed in the chapter by what technical name?
(a) Mental Degradation
(b) Mental Aphasia
(c) Mental Agnosia
(d) Mental Displopia
6. What does the main character lose when he loses his affliction?
7. What disease does the main character have?
(b) Phantom Limb Syndrome
(c) Huntingdon's Disease
8. What is the name of the main character in this chapter?
(a) Rose R.
(b) Mrs. O'M
(d) Mrs. O'C
9. Later on in life, but before being separated, what entertainment venue do the twins participate in?
10. Where does the main character end up flourishing?
(a) Poetry Writing
(b) The Theatre
11. What is the main character's affliction?
12. Why does the main character confabulate?
(a) He cannot figure out who others are
(b) He cannot remember his own life story
(c) He cannot understand what people say
(d) He cannot perceive his right leg
13. What is the main character's main emotion?
14. Where did James Parkinson identify Parkinsonism?
(a) In a hospital in London
(b) In a lab in London
(c) In an old folks home in London
(d) In the streets of London
15. How does the court treat the main character?
(a) They exonerate him
(b) They send his case to a court of appeals
(c) They convict him
(d) They refuse to hear his case
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of this chapter?
2. What is the main character's occupation?
3. When does the main character live?
4. What was the main character's symptoms?
5. How do the twins score on IQ tests?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)