|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the disorder discussed in the chapter named by Sacks?
2. Who is the main character in this chapter?
3. What is the main character's occupation?
(d) Medical Student
4. Things aren't real to the main character until he has?
(a) Smelled Them
(b) Touched Them
(c) Taste Them
(d) Heard Them
5. Are patients with the main character's disorder aware of their problem?
(a) It's not clear
6. How do the main character's symptoms progress?
(a) They become more frequent and she becomes lost in them
(b) They lengthen in time but do not become more frequent
(c) They become less frequent and she recovers
(d) They shorten in time but do not become more frequent
7. What is the main character's disorder?
8. How does the main character describe what is happening to her?
(a) She is
(b) She is
(c) She is
(d) She is
9. Where did James Parkinson identify Parkinsonism?
(a) In a lab in London
(b) In the streets of London
(c) In an old folks home in London
(d) In a hospital in London
10. What is the main character's primary affliction?
(a) Cannot see whole personalities
(b) Cannot understand faces
(c) Cannot see the right-side of her visual field
(d) Cannot remember who she is
11. What was the main character's affliction?
(b) Its not clear
(d) Bipolar Disorder
12. Where does the main character end up flourishing?
(a) The Theatre
(c) Poetry Writing
13. When is the affliction discovered and treated? When is it rediscovered?
(a) Age 7 and 18
(b) Age 4 and 45
(c) Age 5 and 35
(d) Age 6 and 25
14. What is the main character's affliction?
(a) Elevated Sex Drive
(b) Elevated Proprioception
(c) Elevated Hearing
(d) Elevated Sense of Smell
15. How do people on the street react to the main character?
(a) They believe she is mocking them
(b) They scream and yell at her
(c) They are frightened and quickly run away
(d) They react out of compassion for her disorder
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main character's affliction?
2. The main character addresses Dr. Sacks as three different people. Which ones?
3. The main character responds to treatment by first regaining what?
4. What is the name of the main character in this chapter?
5. Sacks calls the main character:
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)