|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main character's affliction?
2. What is the main character's occupation?
(a) Medical Student
3. The main character has an amazing memory for what:
4. Where did James Parkinson identify Parkinsonism?
(a) In a lab in London
(b) In a hospital in London
(c) In the streets of London
(d) In an old folks home in London
5. William Penfield calls the disorder discussed in the chapter by what technical name?
(a) Mental Displopia
(b) Mental Aphasia
(c) Mental Agnosia
(d) Mental Degradation
6. What was an activity of the main character's?
7. The main character addresses Dr. Sacks as three different people. Which ones?
(a) Father, Brother, Doctor
(b) Sister, Brother, Father
(c) Sister, Brother, Doctor
(d) Father, Sister, Doctor
8. The second main character in the chapter hears what over and over again?
(a) Some conversations she remembers from her childhood
(b) Some old rock tunes from her youth
(c) A discussion with her father about her mother's death
(d) Three hymns that she knows
9. When is the affliction discovered and treated? When is it rediscovered?
(a) Age 5 and 35
(b) Age 7 and 18
(c) Age 4 and 45
(d) Age 6 and 25
10. How does the main character become himself again?
(a) Writing Music
(b) Working A Job
(c) Worshipping in Church
11. How do people on the street react to the main character?
(a) They react out of compassion for her disorder
(b) They scream and yell at her
(c) They believe she is mocking them
(d) They are frightened and quickly run away
12. The first main character discussed in detail exhibits what symptom?
(a) She loses her sense of time and space
(b) She finds herself trapped within memories of being in Ireland from time to time
(c) She is temporarily transported back to events from her teenage years each week
(d) She wakes up in the middle of the night hearing songs from her childhood
13. What hobby does the main character take up later in life?
(d) Stamp Collecting
14. What disorder does the main character have?
(a) Alzheimer's Disease
(b) Phantom Limb Syndrome
(c) Tourette's Syndrome
(d) Parkinson's Disease
15. What are some activities that the main character enjoys?
(b) Religious Activities
(c) All of the below
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the main character live?
2. What disease does the main character have?
3. Who is the main character of this chapter?
4. Who does the main character kill?
5. The main character responds to treatment by first regaining what?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)