|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character's treatment causes her to enjoy what?
(b) Smutty Stories
(c) Romantic Movies
(d) Church Services
2. What is the main character's occupation?
3. What was the main character's affliction?
(b) Bipolar Disorder
(d) Its not clear
4. How many characters does the main character identify himself as in front of Dr. Sacks?
5. Are patients with the main character's disorder aware of their problem?
(c) It's not clear
6. Which other character in the book does the main character in this chapter share a disorder with?
(b) Mrs. B
(c) Witty Ticcy Ray
(d) Jimmie G.
7. How do the main character's symptoms progress?
(a) They lengthen in time but do not become more frequent
(b) They become less frequent and she recovers
(c) They shorten in time but do not become more frequent
(d) They become more frequent and she becomes lost in them
8. What are the effects of the main character's affliction?
(a) Inability to attend to his right side.
(b) Inability to comprehend language
(c) Inability to identify himself
(d) Inability to identify others
9. Who is the main character of this chapter?
(a) Mrs. O'C
(b) Mrs. O'M
10. What disease does the main character have?
(a) Huntingdon's Disease
(d) Phantom Limb Syndrome
11. What does the disorder consist in?
(a) The loss of one's sense of self
(b) Mental transports to others times or places
(c) Intense religous experiences
(d) The loss of one's sense of self-control
12. The first main character discussed in detail exhibits what symptom?
(a) She finds herself trapped within memories of being in Ireland from time to time
(b) She loses her sense of time and space
(c) She wakes up in the middle of the night hearing songs from her childhood
(d) She is temporarily transported back to events from her teenage years each week
13. When does the main character live?
(a) 16th century
(b) 19th century
(c) 12th century
14. Who are the main characters in this chapter?
(a) Mrs. O'B and Mrs O'Q
(b) Mrs. O'C and Mrs. O'M
(c) Mrs. O'F and Mrs O'P
(d) Mrs. O'D and Mrs. O'Q
15. When is the affliction discovered and treated? When is it rediscovered?
(a) Age 6 and 25
(b) Age 5 and 35
(c) Age 7 and 18
(d) Age 4 and 45
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the main character become himself again?
2. Where does the main character end up flourishing?
3. What was the main character's symptoms?
4. The main character responds to treatment by first regaining what?
5. What does the main character lose when he loses his affliction?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)