|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Penfield calls the disorder discussed in the chapter by what technical name?
(a) Mental Aphasia
(b) Mental Degradation
(c) Mental Agnosia
(d) Mental Displopia
2. What hobby does the main character take up later in life?
(c) Stamp Collecting
3. How does the main character become himself again?
(b) Worshipping in Church
(c) Writing Music
(d) Working A Job
4. How long does this affliction last?
(a) Three Years
(b) Three Months
(c) Three Weeks
(d) Three Days
5. What happens to him after he commits murder?
(a) He gets amnesia
(b) He gets hit by a truck
(c) He develops Cupid's Disease
(d) He loses a limb and develops phantom limb syndrome
6. What happens when the twins are separated?
(a) They lose their ability to calculate
(b) They die from loneliness
(c) They can function normally in society
(d) They have higher IQ scores
7. What was the main character's affliction?
(b) Bipolar Disorder
(c) Its not clear
8. How do the main character's symptoms progress?
(a) They shorten in time but do not become more frequent
(b) They become more frequent and she becomes lost in them
(c) They become less frequent and she recovers
(d) They lengthen in time but do not become more frequent
9. What is the main character's affliction?
(a) Phantom Limb Syndrome
(b) Tourette's syndrome
(c) Korsakov's disease
(d) Cupid's disease
10. What is the main character's affliction?
(a) Elevated Sex Drive
(b) Elevated Sense of Smell
(c) Elevated Hearing
(d) Elevated Proprioception
11. To what extent does the main character recognize his disorder?
(a) Only when he is willing to face the truth
(b) All the time
(c) Only at certain times
(d) Not at all
12. The main character can't sing solo because he is what:
(c) A Poor Singer
(d) Mentally Handicapped
13. Who is the main character of this chapter?
(b) Mrs. B
14. What is the name of the main character in this chapter?
(b) Mrs. O'C
(c) Rose R.
(d) Mrs. O'M
15. What is the main character's affliction?
Short Answer Questions
1. Things aren't real to the main character until he has?
2. What are the symptoms of the main character's affliction?
3. The main character has an amazing memory for what:
4. What is the main character's occupation?
5. How does the patient react to her perceptions of individuals as fractured?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)