|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time period is Jimmie stuck in?
2. How old is the main character?
3. Who is the main character of this chapter?
(a) Dr. P
(b) Mr. P
(c) Dr. Sacks
(d) Jimmie G.
4. Who is the main character in this chapter?
(a) Mr. P
(b) Jimmie G.
(d) Mr. MacGregor
5. Sacks' book is different from a college textbook in that it:
(a) Has a slower pace
(b) Has a more scientific style
(c) Has a more rushed style
(d) Has a friendlier style
6. What was the main character's old line of work that helped in compensating for the main character's disorder?
7. The main character's disorder involves a breakdown of cooperation between which three body systems?
(a) Vision, balance organs, and proprioception
(b) Hearing, balance organs, and vision
(c) Hearing, proprioception, and vision
(d) Hearing, balance organs, and proprioception
8. What happens when the main character attempts to remove one of his body parts?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He bleeds profusely.
(c) He howls with pain.
(d) He throws himself onto the floor.
9. What is the main character's most frustrating disability?
(a) She cannot use her hands.
(b) She cannot talk.
(c) She cannot walk.
(d) She cannot stand up.
10. What feature of humans does Sacks wonder if Jimmie lacks?
(c) Long-term Memory
11. Who is the main character of this chapter?
(a) Mrs. S
(c) Mr. MacGregor
(d) Mr. P
12. How does the main character's emotions change when he wakes up from his nap?
(a) Calm and even tempered
(b) Agitated and angry
(c) Fearful and uneasy
(d) Upbeat and joyful
13. The chapter covers a disorder where people who have lost limbs believe and feel that they are still there. What is this disorder called?
(a) Phantom Limb Syndrome
(b) Illusory Limb Syndrome
(c) Illusory Limb Disease
(d) Phantom Limb Disease
14. Sacks sees himself as having what kind of personality?
(b) A Romantic
(c) A Clinician
15. At what stage of Sacks' career does he encounter the main character of Chapter Four?
(a) As a doctor in the middle of his career practice
(b) As a young doctor
(c) As a resident
(d) As a young medical student
Short Answer Questions
1. Which medicine is used to calm down the main character?
2. Sacks is a:
3. Dr. P cannot recognize what?
4. What is the main character's name in this chapter?
5. Sacks is different from a fiction writer because:
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)