|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the main character's nurses help him/her fix his/her disability?
(a) Recommending surgery.
(b) Giving the patient electroshock therapy.
(c) Putting medicine in the patient's IV.
(d) Putting a food tray out of reach.
2. How does the main character regain control of his/her body?
(a) Her ears
(b) A wheelchair
(c) Her eyes
(d) Help from family
3. What does the main character do with this body part?
(a) Beats it until it is bruised
(b) Tries to cut it off
(c) Asks someone to amputate it
(d) Throws it out of bed
4. How old is the main character?
5. What is the main character's affliction?
(a) The patient tilts to one side when walking but is unaware of it.
(b) The patient is paralyzed from the waist down but is unaware of it.
(c) The patient has lost a limb but is unaware of it.
(d) The patient is stuck in 1955 in his mind but is unaware of it.
6. The main character suffers a stroke and this affects which side of his/her brain?
(c) The Right
(d) The Left
7. The main character cannot perceive:
(a) Objects on her right
(b) Objects with color
(c) Objects that are square
(d) Objects on her left
8. The main character does not like his treatment. How does he/she cope?
(a) Changes medicines
(b) Takes medicine during the week but not on the weekends
(c) Takes medicine on the weekened but not during the week
(d) Learns to live without medicine
9. For Sacks it is important to treat his patients with:
(c) A Helping Hand
10. What is his problem with body?
(a) He believes that his leg is someone else's.
(b) He believes that his hands are someone else's.
(c) He believes that his face is someone else's.
(d) He believes that his arm is someone else's.
11. What was the main character's old line of work that helped in compensating for the main character's disorder?
12. The main character's name is
(a) Emily G.
(c) Mr. P
(d) Witty Ticcy Ray
13. Why is the main character confused?
(a) He can't figure out how to detach his arm from his body.
(b) He can't figure out how to remove his face.
(c) He can't figure out how to detach his leg from his body.
(d) He can't figure out how to remove his hands.
14. What additional form of memory can people with Jimmie G.'s disorder lose?
(a) Sensual Memory
(b) Auditory Memory
(c) Olfactory Memory
(d) Visual Memory
15. Sacks thinks of his patients as:
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main character's previous occupation?
2. The main character's disorder involves a breakdown of cooperation between which three body systems?
3. Who is the main character of this chapter?
4. Patients with the main character's disorder have trouble with what?
5. Sacks says taht for a long time which part of the brain was thought to be less complex?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)