|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The main character has which problem?
(b) Tourette's Syndrome
(c) Extreme mental images
(d) Left-side Paralysis
2. Why doesn't the introduction of a video system work?
(a) The patient can't work the video system
(b) The patient is disturbed that he/she can only perceive half of his/her body
(c) The patient is upset by his/her unkempt appearance
(d) The patient does not like to be reminded of his/her disability
3. How many cases are covered in this chapter?
4. Where is the main character sitting when the nurses find him?
(a) On the side of his bed
(b) In the hall
(c) On the floor
(d) In a chair
5. How does the remedy work?
(a) It helps him/her with personal hygiene
(b) It helps him/her go the bathroom properly
(c) It helps him/her to be independent
(d) It increases the amount of food he/she eats
6. Sacks sees his patients as:
(a) Mere case studies
(b) Real people
(d) Mere medical files
7. How do the main character's nurses help him/her fix his/her disability?
(a) Putting medicine in the patient's IV.
(b) Putting a food tray out of reach.
(c) Giving the patient electroshock therapy.
(d) Recommending surgery.
8. What is the name of the main character mentioned in the postscript?
(a) Jimmie G.
(b) Witty Ticcy Ray
(c) Mr. P
9. What was the main character's previous occupation?
(a) Gym Teacher
(b) Math Teacher
(c) History Teacher
(d) English Teacher
10. Which capacity of the main character is enhanced by his/her disability?
(a) The ability to see color.
(b) The ability to comprehend simple sentences.
(c) The ability to comprehend complex words
(d) The ability to understand speaking tone
11. What does the main character do with this body part?
(a) Throws it out of bed
(b) Asks someone to amputate it
(c) Beats it until it is bruised
(d) Tries to cut it off
12. For Sacks it is important to treat his patients with:
(d) A Helping Hand
13. At what stage of Sacks' career does he encounter the main character of Chapter Four?
(a) As a young medical student
(b) As a young doctor
(c) As a resident
(d) As a doctor in the middle of his career practice
14. Dr. P is a teacher of what?
15. What is Dr. Sacks' treatment of the main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cause of the main character's inability to use one of her body parts?
2. What are the agents that spread the main character's disorder?
3. How many children does the main character have?
4. How does the 'what science leaves out' theme play out in this chapter?
5. The main character's name is
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)