|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. P is a teacher of what?
2. Sacks says taht for a long time which part of the brain was thought to be less complex?
(a) Parietal Lobe
(b) The right hemisphere
(c) The left hemisphere
(d) Frontal Lobe
3. Dr. P possesses which personal qualities.
(a) He is angry but intelligent.
(b) He is utterly detached from the world.
(c) He is upbeat and intelligent.
(d) He is cold and indifferent.
4. Where is the main character sitting when the nurses find him?
(a) On the side of his bed
(b) In the hall
(c) On the floor
(d) In a chair
5. How do the main character's nurses help him/her fix his/her disability?
(a) Putting medicine in the patient's IV.
(b) Giving the patient electroshock therapy.
(c) Putting a food tray out of reach.
(d) Recommending surgery.
6. What is the first man worried about?
(a) Breaking his finger.
(b) Cutting his leg.
(c) Tripping over his foot.
(d) Poking his eye out.
7. How long does Sacks cover the patient's condition without seeing recovery?
(a) Eight years
(b) One year
(c) Ten years
(d) Twenty years
8. There is a disorder where patients suddenly lose part of their memory back to a certain date or time period. What is it called?
(a) Postgrade Amensia
(b) Long-term Amnesia
(c) Retrograde Amensia
(d) Short-term Amnesia
9. How does Dr. Sacks respond to the main character?
(a) Informs him that his arm is his own.
(b) Informs him that his leg is his own.
(c) Informs him that his hands are his own.
(d) Informs him that his face is his own.
10. The main character has which of the following problems?
(a) Cupid's Disease
(b) Right-Side Paralysis
(d) Phantom Limb Syndrome
11. What is proprioception?
(a) The sense that monitors physical movement.
(b) The sense of taste.
(c) The sense that monitors the heartbeat.
(d) The sense of smell.
12. Where does Sacks work at the time of this chapter?
(a) Therapist's Office
(b) Home for the Aged
(c) National Institutes of Mental Health
(d) Neuroscience Clinic
13. Who is the main character of this chapter?
(a) Jimmie G.
(b) Oliver Sacks
(c) Mr. P
14. Who is the main character of the chapter?
(a) Mr. P.
(b) Madeline J.
(d) Jimmie G.
15. What is the main character's name in this chapter?
(b) Emily G.
(c) Witty Ticcy Ray
(d) Mr. P
Short Answer Questions
1. The main character cannot perceive:
2. The main character suffers a stroke and this affects which side of his/her brain?
3. How does the main character's emotions change when he wakes up from his nap?
4. The main character of this chapter has which disorder?
5. The main character has which problem?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)