Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Dr. Sacks and Mr. P part ways, how much longer does Mr. P teach music?
(a) 1 year
(b) 5 years
(c) 10 years
(d) The rest of his life
2. For Sacks it is important to treat his patients with:
(d) A Helping Hand
3. How many cases are covered in this chapter?
4. How is the main character treated?
(a) He/She is given a wheelchair to give him/her a sense of independence
(b) He/She is given a wheel chair so he/she can turn right
(c) He/She is given a wheelchair so he/she can go to the bathroom on his/her own
(d) He/She is given a wheelchair so he/she can turn left
5. What word does Dr. Sacks use to describe the way the main character feels?
6. Most neuroscientists thought that most neurological disorders were caused by damage to what part of the brain?
(a) Frontal lobe
(b) Parietal lobe
(c) The Left hemisphere
(d) The right hemisphere
7. What is the first man worried about?
(a) Cutting his leg.
(b) Tripping over his foot.
(c) Poking his eye out.
(d) Breaking his finger.
8. The main character does not like his treatment. How does he/she cope?
(a) Changes medicines
(b) Takes medicine on the weekened but not during the week
(c) Learns to live without medicine
(d) Takes medicine during the week but not on the weekends
9. To what extent is Jimmie G's intelligence impaired?
(d) Not at all
10. How does the main character compensate for his/her disorder?
(a) Requesting brain surgery
(b) By constructing a wheelchair that compensates
(c) By constructing a pair of glasses that compensate
(d) By constructing a prosthesis that compensates
11. What is the main character's affliction?
(a) The patient is paralyzed from the waist down but is unaware of it.
(b) The patient has lost a limb but is unaware of it.
(c) The patient tilts to one side when walking but is unaware of it.
(d) The patient is stuck in 1955 in his mind but is unaware of it.
12. Patients with the main character's disorder have trouble with what?
(a) Comprehending Words
(b) Feeling Their Legs
(c) Grasping Pitches
(d) Seeing Colors
13. Dr. P is a teacher of what?
14. What does Sacks call his chapters?
15. In what place does Jimmie recover a part of himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which faculty of mind does Sacks argue is left out of psychology and neuroscience?
2. Which of Sacks' questions in the main character unable to answer?
3. What is the technical term of Jimmie G.'s disorder?
4. How does the remedy work?
5. Which medicine is used to calm down the main character?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)