|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sacks finds his patients:
2. How does the main character regain control of his/her body?
(a) Her eyes
(b) Her ears
(c) A wheelchair
(d) Help from family
3. How does the remedy work?
(a) It helps him/her to be independent
(b) It helps him/her go the bathroom properly
(c) It helps him/her with personal hygiene
(d) It increases the amount of food he/she eats
4. What is Dr. Sacks' treatment of the main character?
5. What does Mr. P do to keep himself oriented?
(a) Follows his wife's instructions
(b) Sings to himself
(c) Asks for help
(d) Memorizes routines
6. How does Dr. Sacks respond to the main character?
(a) Informs him that his hands are his own.
(b) Informs him that his leg is his own.
(c) Informs him that his arm is his own.
(d) Informs him that his face is his own.
7. How is the main character treated?
(a) He/She is given a wheel chair so he/she can turn right
(b) He/She is given a wheelchair to give him/her a sense of independence
(c) He/She is given a wheelchair so he/she can go to the bathroom on his/her own
(d) He/She is given a wheelchair so he/she can turn left
8. Dr. P possesses which personal qualities.
(a) He is angry but intelligent.
(b) He is utterly detached from the world.
(c) He is upbeat and intelligent.
(d) He is cold and indifferent.
9. How does the patient respond to Sacks?
(a) He believes Sacks hesitantly.
(b) He argues with Sacks but eventually agrees with him.
(c) He recognizes that Sacks is right.
(d) He does not believe Sacks.
10. How do the main character's nurses help him/her fix his/her disability?
(a) Putting medicine in the patient's IV.
(b) Putting a food tray out of reach.
(c) Giving the patient electroshock therapy.
(d) Recommending surgery.
11. The main character's name is
(a) Witty Ticcy Ray
(b) Mr. P
(d) Emily G.
12. What is the main character's affliction?
(a) The patient is stuck in 1955 in his mind but is unaware of it.
(b) The patient is paralyzed from the waist down but is unaware of it.
(c) The patient tilts to one side when walking but is unaware of it.
(d) The patient has lost a limb but is unaware of it.
13. How old is the character in this chapter?
(a) Late forties
(c) Late twenties
(d) Early thirties
14. How old is the main character?
15. How many children does the main character have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the neuroscientist Sacks receives advice from in Chapter 1?
2. Which capacity of the main character is enhanced by his/her disability?
3. How is the main character affected by Reagan's speech?
4. Sacks is a:
5. Which sort of memory does Jimmie G. lack?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)