|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Excesses: Introduction and Chapter Ten, Witty Ticcy Ray.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence scientists pay when they ignore the a patient's high cognitive function?
(a) They can do nothing to help their patients.
(b) They cannot diagnose their patients properly.
(c) They are unable to empathize with their patients.
(d) They are out of touch with reality.
2. Who is the main character in this chapter?
(a) Jimmie G.
(b) Mr. P
(c) Mr. MacGregor
3. What was the main character's previous occupation?
(a) History Teacher
(b) Gym Teacher
(c) Math Teacher
(d) English Teacher
4. At what stage of Sacks' career does he encounter the main character of Chapter Four?
(a) As a young medical student
(b) As a resident
(c) As a young doctor
(d) As a doctor in the middle of his career practice
5. The character's condition is caused by polyneuritis, which is:
(a) Damaging of the pain centers of the spinal and cranial nerves
(b) Damaging of the sensory roots of the spinal and cranial nerves
(c) Damaging of the pain centers of the nerves attached to skin
(d) Damaging of the sensory roots of the nerves attached to skin
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the 'what science leaves out' theme play out in this chapter?
2. How does the main character regain control of his/her body?
3. How long does Sacks cover the patient's condition without seeing recovery?
4. The main character of this chapter has which disorder?
5. Sacks is a:
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)