|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, Excesses: Introduction and Chapter Ten, Witty Ticcy Ray.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the main character seem when Sacks meets him?
(a) Upbeat and joyful
(b) Calm and even tempered
(c) Agitaged and concerned
(d) Fearful and uneasy
2. What happens when the main character attempts to remove one of his body parts?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He throws himself onto the floor.
(c) He bleeds profusely.
(d) He howls with pain.
3. Dr. P cannot recognize what?
4. How does the remedy work?
(a) It helps him/her go the bathroom properly
(b) It helps him/her to be independent
(c) It increases the amount of food he/she eats
(d) It helps him/her with personal hygiene
5. What is the first man worried about?
(a) Tripping over his foot.
(b) Breaking his finger.
(c) Poking his eye out.
(d) Cutting his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of his patients is Sacks concerned to communicate to his reader?
2. Sacks thinks of his patients as:
3. Who is the neuroscientist Sacks receives advice from in Chapter 1?
4. How does the main character regain control of his/her body?
5. Who is the main character of this chapter?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)