|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter Eight, Eyes Right!.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the neuroscientist Sacks receives advice from in Chapter 1?
2. What part of the main character's body does he have a problem with?
(a) His hands
(b) His face
(c) His arm
(d) His leg
3. Sacks says taht for a long time which part of the brain was thought to be less complex?
(a) Frontal Lobe
(b) The right hemisphere
(c) The left hemisphere
(d) Parietal Lobe
4. What is his problem with body?
(a) He believes that his arm is someone else's.
(b) He believes that his leg is someone else's.
(c) He believes that his face is someone else's.
(d) He believes that his hands are someone else's.
5. How does the 'what science leaves out' theme play out in this chapter?
(a) Science ignores the ethical issues at stake.
(b) Science pays no attention to the state of the soul in these matters.
(c) Science leaves out the personal experience of the patient.
(d) Science leaves out an account of higher cognitive faculties.
Short Answer Questions
1. The character's condition is caused by polyneuritis, which is:
2. What happens when the main character attempts to remove one of his body parts?
3. What is the first man worried about?
4. For Sacks it is important to treat his patients with:
5. Sacks' patients are typically:
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)