|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter Three, The Disembodied Lady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does the main character have?
2. How old is the character in this chapter?
(a) Early thirties
(c) Late forties
(d) Late twenties
3. How does the 'what science leaves out' theme play out in this chapter?
(a) Science pays no attention to the state of the soul in these matters.
(b) Science ignores the ethical issues at stake.
(c) Science leaves out an account of higher cognitive faculties.
(d) Science leaves out the personal experience of the patient.
4. To what extent is Jimmie G's intelligence impaired?
(a) Not at all
5. How does the main character regain control of his/her body?
(a) Her ears
(b) A wheelchair
(c) Help from family
(d) Her eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. P possesses which personal qualities.
2. Sacks is a:
3. Dr. P cannot recognize what?
4. Sacks' patients are typically:
5. Which sort of memory does Jimmie G. lack?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)