|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: Chapter Six, Phantoms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the consequence scientists pay when they ignore the a patient's high cognitive function?
(a) They cannot diagnose their patients properly.
(b) They are unable to empathize with their patients.
(c) They can do nothing to help their patients.
(d) They are out of touch with reality.
2. Which faculty of mind does Sacks argue is left out of psychology and neuroscience?
3. Dr. P possesses which personal qualities.
(a) He is cold and indifferent.
(b) He is angry but intelligent.
(c) He is utterly detached from the world.
(d) He is upbeat and intelligent.
4. Who is the main character of this chapter?
(a) Dr. Sacks
(b) Jimmie G.
(c) Dr. P
(d) Mr. P
5. There is a disorder where patients suddenly lose part of their memory back to a certain date or time period. What is it called?
(a) Long-term Amnesia
(b) Short-term Amnesia
(c) Retrograde Amensia
(d) Postgrade Amensia
Short Answer Questions
1. What is his problem with body?
2. Where does Sacks work at the time of this chapter?
3. Which sort of memory does Jimmie G. lack?
4. Dr. P cannot recognize what?
5. The chapter covers a disorder where people who have lost limbs believe and feel that they are still there. What is this disorder called?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)