|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank decide to do as a result of the Oracle's message?
(a) Seek Childan's business advice.
(b) Send a message to Juliana.
(c) Live life as best he can.
(d) Beg to get his job back.
2. What upsets Tagomi causing him to leave the special session of the Foreign Office?
(a) Appetizers he was served.
(b) A diagnosis he earlier received.
(c) The evil in the world.
(d) Loss of German supremacy.
3. What rumor does Wyndam-Matson remember that gives him further power over Frank?
(a) He is a terrorist.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is a Slav.
(d) He is a Jew.
4. What are Americans portrayed as doing by the author of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy that impresses Juliana?
(a) Working to eliminate foreign competition.
(b) Succeeding in conquering the world.
(c) Helping to erase world suffering.
(d) Fighting to free the British.
5. What does McCarthy suggest is the reason Frank is initially reluctant to start his own business?
(a) Fear of Wyndam-Matson's revenge.
(b) Years of political brainwashing.
(c) Threats of harming Juliana.
(d) Repeated past job failures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ramsey feel about Tagomi's request that he select the gift for Baynes?
2. What does Frank's memory of the landlord Omuro being beheaded by the Japanese Mission because of profiteering off ex-servicemen say about the Japanese?
3. To what does Tagomi attribute Ramsey' s tanning by sun lamp?
4. What does Frank's use of the I Ching suggest about him?
5. Why is Frank petrified when the police call him Fink?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)