|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because he feels The Grasshopper Lies Heavy is a dangerous book, what does Reiss think should happen to its author?
(a) He should be exposed as a liar.
(b) He should be humiliated in public.
(c) He should be quietly arrested.
(d) He should be secretly assassinated.
2. At the start of Chapter 6, Juliana attributes the healthier appearance of the Germans as depicted in a magazine article as proof of _____________.
(a) Effective propaganda techniques.
(b) A healthier diet.
(c) A rigid military training.
(d) Technological advancements.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Joe admit to really being career-wise?
(a) A military policeman.
(b) An armed guard.
(c) A clothing designer.
(d) A book reviewer.
4. What does Frank's memory of the landlord Omuro being beheaded by the Japanese Mission because of profiteering off ex-servicemen say about the Japanese?
(a) They are cruel to Americans.
(b) They desire wealth.
(c) They respect the law.
(d) They are loyal to their religion.
5. What does the conversation between Childan and the Kasouras tell the reader has happened to the most humanitarian of the candidates for new Chancellor, von Schirach?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in hiding.
(c) He has been exiled.
(d) He has been imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does The Oracle predict that further distresses Tagomi?
2. What about Frank makes it difficult for him to move to a new territory?
3. What is Childan in the business of selling?
4. In Chapter 8, what disguised personage is Reiss alerted to through a radiogram from his superiors?
5. What are Americans portrayed as doing by the author of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy that impresses Juliana?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)