|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the young driver's discovery about the character of Baynes suggest about the novel?
(a) The plot may move in a new direction.
(b) The point of view will change.
(c) The main conflict is about to be resolved.
(d) The setting will shift to Europe.
2. What does the conversation between Childan and the Kasouras tell the reader has happened to the most humanitarian of the candidates for new Chancellor, von Schirach?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in hiding.
(c) He has been exiled.
(d) He has been imprisoned.
3. In Chapter 11, what does Paul admit he has come to appreciate about the Edfrank jewelry Childan had given him?
(a) Its material make-up.
(b) Its spiritual value.
(c) Its artistic design.
(d) Its historic significance.
4. What does Childan do as a result of what he has learned from the university in Chapter 4?
(a) He seeks reimbursement from his supplier.
(b) He files an anonymous police report.
(c) He hires an armed night watchman.
(d) He decides to close his shop.
5. What does the reader learn about Albert Speer's approach to revitalizing the USA, as evidenced in New York City?
(a) It purchases devalued stocks.
(b) It exploits natural resources.
(c) It employs Japanese immigrants.
(d) It eliminates economic competition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does vom Meere intend to do to Wegener after his men surround him?
2. What makes Juliana certain she and Joe could never be part of the colonization on other planets?
3. Why does Reiss resent his orders to cooperate with the police?
4. Why is Frank petrified when the police call him Fink?
5. What does Chapter 9 reveal about how the earlier incident at Childan's store has left him feeling?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)