|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other name does the I Ching go by?
(a) The Mission of Inquiry.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Justification Committee.
(d) The Reich.
2. In Chapter 9, to whom does Childan decide to take a piece of jewelry?
(a) Betty Kasoura.
(b) Hawthorne Abendsen.
(c) Juliana Frink.
(d) Mr. Tagomi.
3. What upsets Tagomi causing him to leave the special session of the Foreign Office?
(a) A diagnosis he earlier received.
(b) The evil in the world.
(c) Loss of German supremacy.
(d) Appetizers he was served.
4. According to Childan, what is special about some of the people his shop gives him the opportunity to meet?
(a) They share in his political views.
(b) They see him as a man.
(c) They are willing to help others.
(d) They can raise his social status.
5. What does Frank's use of the I Ching suggest about him?
(a) He yearns for Japanese acceptance.
(b) He is of Oriental heritage.
(c) He has no one to talk to.
(d) He puts faith in its advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mystery client encourage Childan to report?
2. In Chapter 9, where does Joe suggest he and Juliana go?
3. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
4. What are Americans portrayed as doing by the author of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy that impresses Juliana?
5. What surprises Tagomi about Mr. Yatabe, whose real name is Tedeki?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)