|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Tagomi is now convinced that Baynes really is ___________.
(a) An inspection agent.
(b) A German national.
(c) An allied convert.
(d) An escaped prisoner.
2. What does Baynes make clear to Tagomi in Chapter 5 about Mr. Yatabe's visit?
(a) It must be recorded.
(b) It must be secret.
(c) It must be uncompensated.
(d) It must be brief.
3. How does the simile, "like a little animal, not important, but smart" describe the way Joe acts?
(a) Wildly and spontaneously.
(b) Alertly and instinctively.
(c) Quietly and spontaneously.
(d) Politely and rationally.
4. What does Frank's question to the I Ching about Juliana suggest?
(a) He wishes they were still together.
(b) He regrets putting wealth above her love.
(c) He feels ashamed he never approached her.
(d) He wants to avenge her captor.
5. How would you describe the feelings attached to Juliana's and Joe's memories of "living under the Nazis"?
(a) They are defined by their experiences.
(b) They are influenced by their careers.
(c) They are the product of brainwashing.
(d) They are the result of psychotherapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCarthy suggest is the reason Frank is initially reluctant to start his own business?
2. What words best describe how Joe views the British?
3. As he sits in his office, engrossed in reading The Grasshopper Lies Heavy, what does Reiss suggest is the "power of fiction" ?
4. Why does Childan feel he must read The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
5. How have Frank's feelings for the Japanese changed over the years?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)