|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Tagomi attribute Ramsey' s tanning by sun lamp?
(a) His desire to fit in.
(b) His desire to improve his health.
(c) His desire to meet pretty women.
(d) His desire to be outside.
2. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
(a) His job security.
(b) His upcoming visitor.
(c) His romantic future.
(d) His physical health.
3. Why does McCarthy, rather than Frank, go to Childan's shop to market their jewelry?
(a) Frank is busy producing more.
(b) Childan might recognize Frank.
(c) Childan is a childhood friend.
(d) McCarthy is more sociable.
4. What words best describe how Joe views the British?
(a) Dishonest and uncommitted.
(b) Brutal and murderous.
(c) Cowardly and defenseless.
(d) Shrewd and frightening.
5. Because he feels The Grasshopper Lies Heavy is a dangerous book, what does Reiss think should happen to its author?
(a) He should be humiliated in public.
(b) He should be secretly assassinated.
(c) He should be exposed as a liar.
(d) He should be quietly arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the order in which languages are used in making airline announcements symbolize?
2. How do the Kasouras differ from Tagomi in their treatment of Childan?
3. Why does Childan feel the Edfrank jewelry could give him an edge on the market?
4. After having dinner with the Kasouras, Childan says he no longer feels________________.
5. How does the simile, "like a little animal, not important, but smart" describe the way Joe acts?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)