|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's use of the I Ching suggest about him?
(a) He yearns for Japanese acceptance.
(b) He is of Oriental heritage.
(c) He has no one to talk to.
(d) He puts faith in its advice.
2. To what does Tagomi attribute Ramsey' s tanning by sun lamp?
(a) His desire to improve his health.
(b) His desire to fit in.
(c) His desire to be outside.
(d) His desire to meet pretty women.
3. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
(a) Nazi experimentation on humans.
(b) Asian exploitation of resources.
(c) American bombing.
(d) Italian colonization.
4. What makes Juliana certain she and Joe could never be part of the colonization on other planets?
(a) Their political views.
(b) Their illicit relationship.
(c) Their personal fears.
(d) Their physical features.
5. What is Childan in the business of selling?
(a) Abandoned real estate.
(b) Historic American artifacts.
(c) Japanese made souvenirs.
(d) Local modern art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank Frink worrying about when the reader first meets him?
2. How does Childan's ride in the pedicab make him feel?
3. How are Tagomi and Childan similar?
4. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
5. Why does Tagomi feel it would be better if his assistant, Ramsey, selected the gift for Baynes?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)