|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the pincos of Sacramento described as being?
(a) The puppet white government.
(b) An underground network of spies.
(c) A powerful mobster organization.
(d) The lower class farm laborers.
2. What about Frank makes it difficult for him to move to a new territory?
(a) His limited skills.
(b) His criminal background.
(c) His ethnic background.
(d) His older age.
3. Why does Childan most likely have the fresh marigolds and background music playing in his shop?
(a) To emphasize his cultural preferences.
(b) To create a pleasant atmosphere.
(c) To distract from its shabbiness.
(d) To confirm his social standing.
4. How does Mrs. Kasoura seem to Childan?
5. What does Frank's memory of the landlord Omuro being beheaded by the Japanese Mission because of profiteering off ex-servicemen say about the Japanese?
(a) They are loyal to their religion.
(b) They desire wealth.
(c) They respect the law.
(d) They are cruel to Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ramsey feel about Tagomi's request that he select the gift for Baynes?
2. How is the city of San Francisco described?
3. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
4. Why has Paul Kasoura come to San Francisco?
5. What does Frank's use of the I Ching suggest about him?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)