|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Nuremberg Law responsible for as revealed through Juliana?
(a) The rise in farming back East.
(b) The separation of her and her husband.
(c) The fighting between Japan and Germany.
(d) The expulsion of Jews in New York.
2. Why does Childan most likely have the fresh marigolds and background music playing in his shop?
(a) To distract from its shabbiness.
(b) To confirm his social standing.
(c) To create a pleasant atmosphere.
(d) To emphasize his cultural preferences.
3. What does Tagomi receive that makes him become suspicious of Baynes's real intentions?
(a) An anonymous phone call.
(b) A coded message.
(c) An unsigned letter.
(d) A military briefing.
4. Why does Tagomi feel it would be better if his assistant, Ramsey, selected the gift for Baynes?
(a) He is native born.
(b) He is socially active.
(c) He is artistically inclined.
(d) He is Swedish bred.
5. What do phrases like "the fussy, brisk voice," "barely polite," and "deliberately mispronounced his name" initially tell us about Tagomi's character?
(a) He is uneducated.
(b) He is overworked.
(c) He is insecure.
(d) He is arrogant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the order in which languages are used in making airline announcements symbolize?
2. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
3. What is Childan upset over as the novel opens?
4. What is Childan in the business of selling?
5. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)