|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Childan upset over as the novel opens?
(a) A store robbery.
(b) An undelivered package.
(c) A missed appointment.
(d) An artist's complaint.
2. In Chapter 3, what do we learn about how Juliana Frink makes her living?
(a) As an investigative reporter.
(b) As a diner waitress.
(c) As a judo instructor.
(d) As a social worker.
3. What is rumored about Germany that concerns both Tagomi and Juliana?
(a) Germany is about to invade the Pacific States.
(b) Germany is aligning itself with China.
(c) Germany is going to lose its leader.
(d) Germany is about to break communication channels.
4. What is Childan in the business of selling?
(a) Historic American artifacts.
(b) Local modern art.
(c) Japanese made souvenirs.
(d) Abandoned real estate.
5. What are the pincos of Sacramento described as being?
(a) An underground network of spies.
(b) A powerful mobster organization.
(c) The lower class farm laborers.
(d) The puppet white government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Frank makes it difficult for him to move to a new territory?
2. To what does Tagomi attribute Ramsey' s tanning by sun lamp?
3. How does Ramsey feel about Tagomi's request that he select the gift for Baynes?
4. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
5. What other name does the I Ching go by?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)