|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Childan upset over as the novel opens?
(a) A store robbery.
(b) A missed appointment.
(c) An undelivered package.
(d) An artist's complaint.
2. What does Frank's use of the I Ching suggest about him?
(a) He puts faith in its advice.
(b) He is of Oriental heritage.
(c) He yearns for Japanese acceptance.
(d) He has no one to talk to.
3. What is the Nuremberg Law responsible for as revealed through Juliana?
(a) The fighting between Japan and Germany.
(b) The expulsion of Jews in New York.
(c) The separation of her and her husband.
(d) The rise in farming back East.
4. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
5. Why does Childan most likely have the fresh marigolds and background music playing in his shop?
(a) To distract from its shabbiness.
(b) To emphasize his cultural preferences.
(c) To create a pleasant atmosphere.
(d) To confirm his social standing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Paul Kasoura come to San Francisco?
2. What does the order in which languages are used in making airline announcements symbolize?
3. What is Childan in the business of selling?
4. What is rumored about Germany that concerns both Tagomi and Juliana?
5. What is Frank Frink worrying about when the reader first meets him?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)