|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word would sum up Frank's opinion of McCarthy?
2. What rumor does Wyndam-Matson remember that gives him further power over Frank?
(a) He is a Slav.
(b) He is a Jew.
(c) He is a terrorist.
(d) He is a spy.
3. Why does Childan feel the Edfrank jewelry could give him an edge on the market?
(a) It is common and desirable.
(b) It is unique and handmade.
(c) It is cheap and plentiful.
(d) It is mysterious and bold.
4. In Chapter 10, as Juliana reads from The Grasshopper Lies Heavy, in what area does she discover the fictional Americans are like the Germans of her world?
(a) Agricultural production.
(b) Technological advancement.
(c) Cultural achievements.
(d) Educational opportunity.
5. What words best describe how Joe views the British?
(a) Cowardly and defenseless.
(b) Brutal and murderous.
(c) Shrewd and frightening.
(d) Dishonest and uncommitted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Joe admit to really being career-wise?
2. How would you describe the feelings attached to Juliana's and Joe's memories of "living under the Nazis"?
3. How are Tagomi and Childan similar?
4. What does the order in which languages are used in making airline announcements symbolize?
5. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)