|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Tagomi causing him to leave the special session of the Foreign Office?
(a) The evil in the world.
(b) Appetizers he was served.
(c) A diagnosis he earlier received.
(d) Loss of German supremacy.
2. After recognizing the significance of Joe's tattoo, what does Juliana realize Joe was part of in World War II?
(a) The Axis Army.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Allied Army.
(d) The Neutral zone.
3. In Chapter 3, what do we learn about how Juliana Frink makes her living?
(a) As a judo instructor.
(b) As a diner waitress.
(c) As an investigative reporter.
(d) As a social worker.
4. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
(a) His upcoming visitor.
(b) His job security.
(c) His romantic future.
(d) His physical health.
5. What does Rita, Wyndam-Matson's girlfriend, suggest that he should do to handle the problem which he learned about from Calvin?
(a) Confront the accuser.
(b) Escape to Canada.
(c) Bribe the police.
(d) Murder the supplier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juliana feel the Germans have made little advancement in despite having gone to Mars?
2. According to Tagomi, what aspect of the German massacre of the Jews caused the Japanese to refuse to participate?
3. Why does McCarthy, rather than Frank, go to Childan's shop to market their jewelry?
4. What is revealed about Baynes when the young driver tries to make conversation with him in Chapter 5?
5. For what reason does Tagomi think Baynes is coming to visit him?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)