|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the discussion between Joe and Juliana, inspired by Abendsen's novel, leave Juliana feeling?
2. What is it about Ramsey that makes Tagomi unwilling to share all the information about Baynes with him?
(a) He is considered lower in social status.
(b) He is suspected to be a spy.
(c) He is said to be friends with Baynes.
(d) He is known to be a gossip.
3. According to Tagomi, what aspect of the German massacre of the Jews caused the Japanese to refuse to participate?
(a) It was barbaric and racist.
(b) It was unsupervised and unholy.
(c) It was irrelevant and distracting.
(d) It was costly and dangerous.
4. What image set forth in The Grasshopper Lies Heavy seems to upset Joe the most?
(a) Germany as a hero.
(b) The USA as a weakling.
(c) Italy as a traitor.
(d) Japan as greedy.
5. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
(a) Avenging Wyndam-Matson.
(b) Improving racial relations.
(c) Getting Juliana back.
(d) Remaining socially anonymous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Nuremberg Law responsible for as revealed through Juliana?
2. In discussing Abendsen's novel, what does Juliana point out about Joe that makes him angry ?
3. What does McCarthy tell Frank he has a plan to get for their business?
4. In Chapter 3, what do we learn about how Juliana Frink makes her living?
5. What word describes Baynes's reaction to Tagomi's gift and home furnishings?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)