|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After recognizing the significance of Joe's tattoo, what does Juliana realize Joe was part of in World War II?
(a) The Red Cross.
(b) The Allied Army.
(c) The Axis Army.
(d) The Neutral zone.
2. What does Baynes make clear to Tagomi in Chapter 5 about Mr. Yatabe's visit?
(a) It must be secret.
(b) It must be recorded.
(c) It must be brief.
(d) It must be uncompensated.
3. What does the reader learn about Albert Speer's approach to revitalizing the USA, as evidenced in New York City?
(a) It employs Japanese immigrants.
(b) It purchases devalued stocks.
(c) It eliminates economic competition.
(d) It exploits natural resources.
4. How are Tagomi and Childan similar?
(a) They are seeking social equality.
(b) They are involved in secret missions.
(c) They are feared by their peers.
(d) They are concerned with outward appearances.
5. According to Wyndam-Matson, how does bringing up the past tend to make people feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Joe does suggest that Abendsen's living in a place called The High Castle reflects?
2. How does the discussion between Joe and Juliana, inspired by Abendsen's novel, leave Juliana feeling?
3. What feeling best describes Juliana's reaction to Joe's explanation about his cash supply?
4. At the start of Chapter 6, Juliana attributes the healthier appearance of the Germans as depicted in a magazine article as proof of _____________.
5. What image set forth in The Grasshopper Lies Heavy seems to upset Joe the most?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)