|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Shouting from high places.
(d) A serious of cables for messages.
2. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Make a plan with the other men.
(b) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
(c) Tie Robin to a tree.
(d) Clean his rifle.
4. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
(a) The wind and a good hunting dog.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Monkeys and luck.
(d) The other beings of the forest and the wind.
5. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
(a) Loading up their belongings to leave.
(b) Furiously pounding the bush to drive the tiger away.
(c) In a town meeting deciding what to do about the tiger.
(d) In abject terror and locked in their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
2. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
3. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
4. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
5. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Corbett's feeling of relief greater than usual when he shoots the Thak man-eater?
2. Why is it important for Corbett to bring the family back any part, no matter how small. of a body that was taken away by a tiger?
3. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What story of his own attack does the man with the mauled face tell Corbett in the Chowgarh man-eater? How did the man live?
5. What were Corbett's initial plans for the sleeping arrangement in Mohan? How and why were they changed?
6. What rumors about cross dressing does Corbett refute? What does he say is the truth?
7. Describe how Corbett shoots three ghooral mountain goats on his first outing with some men from Pali. What was their reaction? Why?
8. What run-in does the labor camp have with the man-eater of Thak? What happens?
9. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
10. Describe how the Pipal Pani tiger gets shot for a second time, and how the men who go in search of him unknowingly put their lives in great danger, and what may have saved them.
This section contains 1,573 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)