|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(a) None of the above.
(c) Shouting from high places.
(d) A serious of cables for messages.
2. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) An axe.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A large rock.
(d) A shot to the head.
3. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) A young tiger that was passing through.
(b) A ghooral that had hurt a little girl.
(c) A leopard that had killed people in another area.
(d) An old leopard that was killing cattle.
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
(a) A tiger on a fresh kill.
(b) A person entering the tiger's territory.
(c) A wounded tiger.
(d) A tigress with small cubs.
5. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her first victim.
(b) Her second victim.
(c) Her third victim.
(d) Only after her cubs were grown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
2. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
3. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
4. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
5. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story of his own attack does the man with the mauled face tell Corbett in the Chowgarh man-eater? How did the man live?
2. How does Corbett attempt to use water buffalo to help him stalk the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What happens?
3. What goes wrong with the beat that Corbett plans to drive the tigress down a gorge? How does it all work out?
4. What happened to other hunters that nearly were able to shoot the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Tell how he escaped twice despite being only feet away from seasoned hunters that were hunting him.
5. Explain how the chital is both a help and a hindrance to Corbett as he stalks the wounded leopard with Robin.
6. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
7. Explain what happens when Corbett takes the skin of the tigress of Champawat to the woman that had pursued it when it carried off her sister.
8. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
9. Explain the connection between a disease epidemic and the resurgence of man-eating leopards.
10. What rumors about cross dressing does Corbett refute? What does he say is the truth?
This section contains 1,640 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)