|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
(b) It was the only safe place for miles.
(c) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
(d) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
2. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Run away.
(b) Rip a tree to shreds.
(c) Try to attack Corbett.
(d) Fall over and lie still.
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(b) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(c) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(d) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
4. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(b) A man and his buffalos.
(c) The dak runner.
(d) A group of women cutting grass.
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(b) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(c) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(d) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
2. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
4. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
5. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the bear hunt start when Corbett is out shooting ghooral for the village? What happens in the bear hunt and how do they eventually kill the bear?
2. What does Corbett attempt to do by climbing a tree while stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Is he successful?
3. What rumors about cross dressing does Corbett refute? What does he say is the truth?
4. What story of his own attack does the man with the mauled face tell Corbett in the Chowgarh man-eater? How did the man live?
5. Why is it important for Corbett to bring the family back any part, no matter how small. of a body that was taken away by a tiger?
6. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
7. Explain the connection between a disease epidemic and the resurgence of man-eating leopards.
8. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
9. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
10. Why did the group of twenty men not pursue the woman they saw carried off? What happened when a rescue party did search for her?
This section contains 1,552 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)