|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Send for Robin.
(b) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
(c) Drive monkeys into the area.
(d) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
2. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
(b) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(c) All of the above.
(d) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
3. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
4. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Rip a tree to shreds.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fall over and lie still.
(d) Try to attack Corbett.
5. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
(a) The largest and most aggressive.
(b) The only one with no white on him.
(c) The only one left.
(d) The smallest and thinnest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
3. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
4. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
5. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
2. How does the bear hunt start when Corbett is out shooting ghooral for the village? What happens in the bear hunt and how do they eventually kill the bear?
3. What happened to other hunters that nearly were able to shoot the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Tell how he escaped twice despite being only feet away from seasoned hunters that were hunting him.
4. What opportunity does Corbett miss when he sees just the hind leg and tail of a tiger while stalking the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh? Why does he make the decision that he does?
5. What does Corbett attempt to do by climbing a tree while stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Is he successful?
6. Describe the affliction of the tigress of Muktesar and circumstance of her first human kills.
7. Explain how the chital is both a help and a hindrance to Corbett as he stalks the wounded leopard with Robin.
8. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
9. Tell the story of the second wounded victim of the Chawgarh tiger that Corbett sees. How was she attacked and how did she return to town? What happens to her?
10. Explain the circumstance in which Corbett shoots the first of the Chowgarh tigers. Why does he choose the tiger he does? Which one does he kill?
This section contains 1,615 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)