|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(b) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(c) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(d) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
2. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A bear.
(b) A young tiger looking for territory.
(c) A fine male leopard.
(d) The Chowgarh man-eater.
3. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may have moved.
(b) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(c) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(d) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(a) Over four hundred.
(c) None of the above.
5. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Stalking a young girl.
(b) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(c) Fighting over part of a kill.
(d) Wrestling together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
2. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
3. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
4. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
5. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Corbett shoots three ghooral mountain goats on his first outing with some men from Pali. What was their reaction? Why?
2. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
3. Why is it important for Corbett to bring the family back any part, no matter how small. of a body that was taken away by a tiger?
4. What happened to other hunters that nearly were able to shoot the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Tell how he escaped twice despite being only feet away from seasoned hunters that were hunting him.
5. Explain what happens when Corbett uses a buffalo to lure the tiger and waits for it on a rock ledge. What do the villagers discover.
6. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
7. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
8. Who does Corbett find when he is on the trail of the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What does he help do and what does he get asked to do?
9. Explain the connection between a disease epidemic and the resurgence of man-eating leopards.
10. What story does Corbett recount about the first time he took Robin out hunting as a puppy? What was Corbett's reaction to what happened?
This section contains 1,666 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)