|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) A young tiger that was passing through.
(b) An old leopard that was killing cattle.
(c) A ghooral that had hurt a little girl.
(d) A leopard that had killed people in another area.
2. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Dress as woman working in the field.
(b) Lure the tiger to him.
(c) Ambush the tiger at a water hole.
(d) Take only a light manueverable rifle.
3. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
(b) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
(c) It was the only safe place for miles.
(d) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
4. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
5. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(b) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(c) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
(d) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
2. When does Robin disappear?
3. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
5. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the group of twenty men not pursue the woman they saw carried off? What happened when a rescue party did search for her?
2. What story does Corbett tell as a warning against assuming that a wounded animal is where you last saw it?
3. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
4. Explain the circumstance in which Corbett shoots the first of the Chowgarh tigers. Why does he choose the tiger he does? Which one does he kill?
5. How does the bear hunt start when Corbett is out shooting ghooral for the village? What happens in the bear hunt and how do they eventually kill the bear?
6. Describe the affliction of the tigress of Muktesar and circumstance of her first human kills.
7. Tell the story of the second wounded victim of the Chawgarh tiger that Corbett sees. How was she attacked and how did she return to town? What happens to her?
8. What happened to other hunters that nearly were able to shoot the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Tell how he escaped twice despite being only feet away from seasoned hunters that were hunting him.
9. Why is the first girl that the Chowgarh tiger wounded not being tended to when Corbett arrives? How was she attacked and how did she get to town?
10. What story of his own attack does the man with the mauled face tell Corbett in the Chowgarh man-eater? How did the man live?
This section contains 1,665 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)