|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(a) Forty two.
(b) Four hundred and thirty six.
(d) Over a thousand.
2. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Fall over and lie still.
(b) Run away.
(c) Rip a tree to shreds.
(d) Try to attack Corbett.
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(b) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(c) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(d) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(b) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(c) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(d) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
5. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
2. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
3. What is Robin's pedigree?
4. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
5. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the group of twenty men not pursue the woman they saw carried off? What happened when a rescue party did search for her?
2. Describe how Corbett shoots three ghooral mountain goats on his first outing with some men from Pali. What was their reaction? Why?
3. What story does Corbett tell as a warning against assuming that a wounded animal is where you last saw it?
4. Explain what happens when Corbett takes the skin of the tigress of Champawat to the woman that had pursued it when it carried off her sister.
5. What happened to other hunters that nearly were able to shoot the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Tell how he escaped twice despite being only feet away from seasoned hunters that were hunting him.
6. How does the bear hunt start when Corbett is out shooting ghooral for the village? What happens in the bear hunt and how do they eventually kill the bear?
7. Explain the encounter the author has a young boy with a tiger in the forest.
8. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
9. Explain the connection between a disease epidemic and the resurgence of man-eating leopards.
10. Explain the circumstance in which Corbett shoots the first of the Chowgarh tigers. Why does he choose the tiger he does? Which one does he kill?
This section contains 1,453 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)