|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
(b) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(c) When all the men open fire.
(d) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
2. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They are especially aggressive.
(b) They will automatically become man-eaters.
(c) They usually die young.
(d) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
3. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Ambush the tiger at a water hole.
(b) Lure the tiger to him.
(c) Dress as woman working in the field.
(d) Take only a light manueverable rifle.
4. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) A man and his buffalos.
(b) A group of women cutting grass.
(c) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(d) The dak runner.
5. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
(a) The largest and most aggressive.
(b) The only one with no white on him.
(c) The smallest and thinnest.
(d) The only one left.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
2. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
3. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
5. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Pipal Pani tiger get injured in the head? What does Corbett see that he is able to know this?
2. Explain what happens when Corbett uses a buffalo to lure the tiger and waits for it on a rock ledge. What do the villagers discover.
3. Why is it important for Corbett to bring the family back any part, no matter how small. of a body that was taken away by a tiger?
4. Explain how the chital is both a help and a hindrance to Corbett as he stalks the wounded leopard with Robin.
5. What bothers Corbett about the way he kills the man-eater of Mohan? Why? What reasons does he give to justify his actions?
6. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters? Why?
7. What goes wrong with the beat that Corbett plans to drive the tigress down a gorge? How does it all work out?
8. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
9. Describe how Corbett shoots three ghooral mountain goats on his first outing with some men from Pali. What was their reaction? Why?
10. Describe how the Pipal Pani tiger gets shot for a second time, and how the men who go in search of him unknowingly put their lives in great danger, and what may have saved them.
This section contains 1,563 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)