|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Monarch of the forests.
(b) Instinctual and natural.
(c) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(d) Aggressive and cruel.
2. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
(a) In a luxury tourist bungalow.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Up a tree.
(d) In the village square comforting the locals.
3. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(b) That the leopard may have moved.
(c) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(d) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) Injuries from a porcupine.
(c) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(d) An old gunshot would in her leg.
5. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
(a) It is accompanied by a mate.
(b) It is accompanied by a leopard.
(c) It is accompanied by a full grown cub.
(d) It is a mother caring for a young cub.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
2. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
3. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
4. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
5. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Corbett recount about the first time he took Robin out hunting as a puppy? What was Corbett's reaction to what happened?
2. How does the bear hunt start when Corbett is out shooting ghooral for the village? What happens in the bear hunt and how do they eventually kill the bear?
3. What story does Corbett tell as a warning against assuming that a wounded animal is where you last saw it?
4. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
5. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
6. What rumors about cross dressing does Corbett refute? What does he say is the truth?
7. What happened to other hunters that nearly were able to shoot the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Tell how he escaped twice despite being only feet away from seasoned hunters that were hunting him.
8. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
9. What goes wrong with the beat that Corbett plans to drive the tigress down a gorge? How does it all work out?
10. Why is the first girl that the Chowgarh tiger wounded not being tended to when Corbett arrives? How was she attacked and how did she get to town?
This section contains 1,604 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)