|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) A band of monkeys.
(b) A small herd of water buffalo.
(c) The other big game hunters after him.
(d) All of his men.
2. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
(a) After they have been shot at by hunters.
(b) When their diet is low in salt.
(c) When they are compelled to through stress of circumstance.
(d) When people start to work in their territory.
3. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
(b) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
(c) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
(d) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
4. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Wedged in between two rocks.
(b) Lying down in the open.
(c) In a tree.
(d) None of the above.
5. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Try to attack Corbett.
(b) Run away.
(c) Rip a tree to shreds.
(d) Fall over and lie still.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
3. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
4. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
5. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Corbett find when he is on the trail of the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What does he help do and what does he get asked to do?
2. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
3. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. Explain the circumstance in which Corbett shoots the first of the Chowgarh tigers. Why does he choose the tiger he does? Which one does he kill?
5. Explain what happens when Corbett uses a buffalo to lure the tiger and waits for it on a rock ledge. What do the villagers discover.
6. What story does Corbett recount about the first time he took Robin out hunting as a puppy? What was Corbett's reaction to what happened?
7. What story does Corbett tell as a warning against assuming that a wounded animal is where you last saw it?
8. Why is it important for Corbett to bring the family back any part, no matter how small. of a body that was taken away by a tiger?
9. Give some examples of situations in which a tiger might kill a human being but not be a man-eater.
10. Explain the connection between a disease epidemic and the resurgence of man-eating leopards.
This section contains 1,531 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)