|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Try to attack Corbett.
(b) Fall over and lie still.
(c) Run away.
(d) Rip a tree to shreds.
2. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a large lantana bush.
(b) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(c) Up a tree.
(d) Into a large cluster of rocks.
3. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) After many days of stalking him.
(b) In a beautiful glade near his home.
(c) While hunting a man-eater in a neighboring province.
(d) From the window of a train.
4. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She died of a heart attack.
(b) She became religious.
(c) She threw up.
(d) She lost her power of speech.
5. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
(a) The tiger was wounded.
(b) The tiger was attacking for vengeance, not hunger.
(c) The other tiger was the experienced man-eater.
(d) The tiger had depended on the cub to make the kills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
2. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
3. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
4. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
5. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when Corbett uses a buffalo to lure the tiger and waits for it on a rock ledge. What do the villagers discover.
2. What story does Corbett tell as a warning against assuming that a wounded animal is where you last saw it?
3. What opportunity does Corbett miss when he sees just the hind leg and tail of a tiger while stalking the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh? Why does he make the decision that he does?
4. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
5. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
6. Explain the circumstance in which Corbett shoots the first of the Chowgarh tigers. Why does he choose the tiger he does? Which one does he kill?
7. Explain the encounter the author has a young boy with a tiger in the forest.
8. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
9. Who does Corbett find when he is on the trail of the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What does he help do and what does he get asked to do?
10. Give some examples of situations in which a tiger might kill a human being but not be a man-eater.
This section contains 1,578 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)