|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Ate a few bites.
(b) Took it to her cubs.
(c) Devoured it.
(d) Left it.
2. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She threw up.
(b) She died of a heart attack.
(c) She lost her power of speech.
(d) She became religious.
3. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) An old hip injury.
(b) Broken teeth from being shot.
(c) Congenital deformity.
(d) Age and arthritis.
4. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
(d) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Forest fire.
(b) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(c) Snare traps.
(d) Poison bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
2. What is Robin's pedigree?
3. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
5. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Pipal Pani tiger get injured in the head? What does Corbett see that he is able to know this?
2. What alarms the Pipal Pani tiger and his mate of Corbett's approach? Give details.
3. Why is Corbett's feeling of relief greater than usual when he shoots the Thak man-eater?
4. What does Corbett hear from the village of Thak when he sitting out over a dead buffalo waiting for the tiger to return? Why is this unusual? Where does it come from and what do people say it was?
5. Tell the story of the second wounded victim of the Chawgarh tiger that Corbett sees. How was she attacked and how did she return to town? What happens to her?
6. Describe how Corbett finally encounters the Thak man-eater?
7. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the man-eater of Mohan when he senses him above the road on the overhang.
8. What story does Corbett recount about the first time he took Robin out hunting as a puppy? What was Corbett's reaction to what happened?
9. Describe how the Pipal Pani tiger gets shot for a second time, and how the men who go in search of him unknowingly put their lives in great danger, and what may have saved them.
10. Describe how Corbett shoots three ghooral mountain goats on his first outing with some men from Pali. What was their reaction? Why?
This section contains 1,517 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)