|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(d) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
2. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Wedged in between two rocks.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Lying down in the open.
(d) In a tree.
3. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(b) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
(c) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
(d) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
5. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The gun jams and does not fire.
(b) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
(c) They miss the shot.
(d) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
2. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
4. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
5. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
2. What goes wrong with the beat that Corbett plans to drive the tigress down a gorge? How does it all work out?
3. Explain what happens when Corbett takes the skin of the tigress of Champawat to the woman that had pursued it when it carried off her sister.
4. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
5. Explain the encounter the author has a young boy with a tiger in the forest.
6. Who does Corbett find when he is on the trail of the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What does he help do and what does he get asked to do?
7. Give some examples of situations in which a tiger might kill a human being but not be a man-eater.
8. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
9. Explain the connection between a disease epidemic and the resurgence of man-eating leopards.
10. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters? Why?
This section contains 1,451 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)