|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) A hunting knife.
(b) A large rock.
(c) A shot to the head.
(d) An axe.
2. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(a) Over a thousand.
(b) Four hundred and thirty six.
(c) Forty two.
3. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The leopard is alive and moving.
(b) The leopard is near death.
(c) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(d) A second leopard showed up.
4. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Go home and return the next day.
(b) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(c) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(d) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
5. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(b) Being difficult to work with in the field.
(c) Being short tempered.
(d) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
2. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
3. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
4. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
5. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for Corbett to bring the family back any part, no matter how small. of a body that was taken away by a tiger?
2. How does Corbett attempt to use water buffalo to help him stalk the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What happens?
3. How does the bear hunt start when Corbett is out shooting ghooral for the village? What happens in the bear hunt and how do they eventually kill the bear?
4. Why is the first girl that the Chowgarh tiger wounded not being tended to when Corbett arrives? How was she attacked and how did she get to town?
5. Explain the encounter the author has a young boy with a tiger in the forest.
6. What does Corbett attempt to do by climbing a tree while stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh? Is he successful?
7. Describe the affliction of the tigress of Muktesar and circumstance of her first human kills.
8. What opportunity does Corbett miss when he sees just the hind leg and tail of a tiger while stalking the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh? Why does he make the decision that he does?
9. Explain what happens when Corbett takes the skin of the tigress of Champawat to the woman that had pursued it when it carried off her sister.
10. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 1,510 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)