|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) The dak runner.
(b) A man and his buffalos.
(c) A group of women cutting grass.
(d) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
2. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) An axe.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A shot to the head.
(d) A large rock.
3. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Left it.
(b) Took it to her cubs.
(c) Devoured it.
(d) Ate a few bites.
4. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Stalking a young girl.
(b) Fighting over part of a kill.
(c) Wrestling together.
(d) Sleeping in the sunshine.
5. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(b) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(c) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(d) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
2. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
3. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
4. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
5. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Corbett attempt to use water buffalo to help him stalk the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What happens?
2. Summarize the story Corbett tells of bravery in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater.
3. What story of his own attack does the man with the mauled face tell Corbett in the Chowgarh man-eater? How did the man live?
4. Explain the encounter the author has a young boy with a tiger in the forest.
5. Explain what happens when Corbett takes the skin of the tigress of Champawat to the woman that had pursued it when it carried off her sister.
6. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
7. Describe the encounter Corbett has on the trail with the woman filling a water jug. What is he happy he has accomplished?
8. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
9. Explain the connection between a disease epidemic and the resurgence of man-eating leopards.
10. What alarms the Pipal Pani tiger and his mate of Corbett's approach? Give details.
This section contains 1,542 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)