|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
(a) Crashing blindly through the underbrush.
(b) Running at full speed.
(c) Crawling on his stomach.
(d) Riding a water buffalo.
2. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(b) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(c) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
(d) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
3. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(b) Imported English hound.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
4. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
(b) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(c) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(d) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
5. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) The circumstance must be understood.
(b) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
(c) All of the above.
(d) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
2. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
3. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
4. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
5. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Corbett returns to the spot he left the fish?
2. Why is Corbett forced to leave the fish? What does he do with it when he leaves?
3. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
4. Explain what happens when Corbett uses a buffalo to lure the tiger and waits for it on a rock ledge. What do the villagers discover.
5. What happens between the time that Corbett throws his line in the water and when he tosses the flopping fish onto the shore?
6. What does Corbett mean when he says he sets out to follow the "drag" of the Mohan man-eater? Why does he say this term is misleading?
7. Why is the first girl that the Chowgarh tiger wounded not being tended to when Corbett arrives? How was she attacked and how did she get to town?
8. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the Kanda man-eater. How does it end?
9. How does Corbett attempt to use water buffalo to help him stalk the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What happens?
10. What were Corbett's initial plans for the sleeping arrangement in Mohan? How and why were they changed?
This section contains 1,656 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)