|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They smell.
(b) They have all been remarkably fine.
(c) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(d) The tigers often have bald spots.
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(b) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(c) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(d) That the leopard may have moved.
3. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) None of the above
(b) The owner of the water fuffalo.
(c) The other big game hunters.
(d) His sister and a party of twenty men.
4. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Fall over and lie still.
(b) Rip a tree to shreds.
(c) Run away.
(d) Try to attack Corbett.
5. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(b) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
(c) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(d) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
6. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(b) He needs more men.
(c) It is getting close to dark.
(d) He needs to get Robin.
7. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(b) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(c) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(d) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
8. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) An American hunter.
(c) The first victim of the Chowgarh tiger, an out of town goat herd.
(d) The only survivor of a Chowarh tiger attack.
9. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) A leg from below the knee.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A sari.
(d) A blue necklace.
10. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
(a) A blind eye.
(b) A weak heart.
(c) Near sightedness.
(d) Hip dysplasia.
11. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(b) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(c) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(d) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
12. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(b) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
13. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
(a) It is a mother caring for a young cub.
(b) It is accompanied by a mate.
(c) It is accompanied by a full grown cub.
(d) It is accompanied by a leopard.
14. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
(b) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(c) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
(d) None of the above.
15. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(b) A cow killed by a leopard.
(c) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(d) No information that could explain what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
2. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
4. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
5. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)