|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Stalking a young girl.
(b) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(c) Wrestling together.
(d) Fighting over part of a kill.
2. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Congenital deformity.
(b) Broken teeth from being shot.
(c) An old hip injury.
(d) Age and arthritis.
3. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin's puppies are born.
(b) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(c) Robin dies.
(d) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
4. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
(a) When he watches the place the tiger left her last victim.
(b) From a ridge the night before his departure.
(c) At a watering hole on his way out of town.
(d) When the tiger circles the village he is in.
5. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
(a) The time Robin saved his life.
(b) The one time Robin left him in a tight corner.
(c) The time Robin faced down a leopard.
(d) None of the above.
6. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) Imported English hound.
(b) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
7. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His color.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His size.
(d) His intelligence.
8. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(b) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(c) No information that could explain what happened.
(d) A cow killed by a leopard.
9. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
(b) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
(c) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
(d) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
10. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(b) They miss the shot.
(c) The gun jams and does not fire.
(d) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
11. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) A group of women cutting grass.
(b) A man and his buffalos.
(c) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(d) The dak runner.
12. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She threw up.
(b) She became religious.
(c) She lost her power of speech.
(d) She died of a heart attack.
13. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They are especially aggressive.
(b) They usually die young.
(c) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(d) They will automatically become man-eaters.
14. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Drive monkeys into the area.
(b) Send for Robin.
(c) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
(d) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
15. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her third victim.
(b) Her second victim.
(c) Her first victim.
(d) Only after her cubs were grown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
2. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
3. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
5. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)