|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
(a) It is the same.
(b) It is much, much, more.
(c) It is slightly less.
(d) It is slightly more.
2. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The other big game hunters after him.
(b) A small herd of water buffalo.
(c) A band of monkeys.
(d) All of his men.
3. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(b) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(c) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(d) That the leopard had killed him.
4. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The time Robin faced down a leopard.
(c) The one time Robin left him in a tight corner.
(d) The time Robin saved his life.
5. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
6. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His color.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His size.
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) Nightjar eggs in his left hand.
(b) The tiger being a man-eater.
(c) His sudden surge of adrenaline and fast reflexes.
(d) That he is carrying a very light rifle.
8. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Go home and return the next day.
(b) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(c) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(d) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
9. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They have all been remarkably fine.
(b) The tigers often have bald spots.
(c) They smell.
(d) They have a tendency to be mangy.
10. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(b) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(c) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(d) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
11. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(b) A cow killed by a leopard.
(c) No information that could explain what happened.
(d) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
12. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(b) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
(c) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(d) When all the men open fire.
13. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) At dawn the next morning.
(b) Just agout an hour later.
(c) Late that afternoon.
(d) Two days later.
14. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(b) An old gunshot would in her leg.
(c) Injuries from a porcupine.
(d) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
15. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) A leg from below the knee.
(b) A blue necklace.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A sari.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
2. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
3. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
4. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
5. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)