|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(b) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
(c) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
(d) He was raised by a tigress.
2. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(d) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
3. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
(a) The second tiger circling the village and calling.
(b) News of another person killed by the tiger.
(c) The villagers celebrating the death of the tiger.
(d) A violent storm.
4. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She became religious.
(b) She lost her power of speech.
(c) She died of a heart attack.
(d) She threw up.
5. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) None of the above
(b) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(c) The other big game hunters.
(d) The owner of the water fuffalo.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) The tiger being a man-eater.
(b) Nightjar eggs in his left hand.
(c) His sudden surge of adrenaline and fast reflexes.
(d) That he is carrying a very light rifle.
7. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) A large rock.
(b) An axe.
(c) A shot to the head.
(d) A hunting knife.
8. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(b) Shouting from high places.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A serious of cables for messages.
9. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
(b) Send for Robin.
(c) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
(d) Drive monkeys into the area.
10. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Stalking a young girl.
(b) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(c) Fighting over part of a kill.
(d) Wrestling together.
11. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A bear.
(b) The Chowgarh man-eater.
(c) A fine male leopard.
(d) A young tiger looking for territory.
12. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(b) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(c) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(d) That the leopard had killed him.
13. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) Two days later.
(b) Late that afternoon.
(c) At dawn the next morning.
(d) Just agout an hour later.
14. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(d) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
15. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(b) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(c) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(d) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
2. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
5. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)