|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(b) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(c) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
(d) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
2. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
(a) Near sightedness.
(b) Hip dysplasia.
(c) A blind eye.
(d) A weak heart.
3. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(b) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(c) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(d) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(c) An old gunshot would in her leg.
(d) Injuries from a porcupine.
5. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
(b) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(c) Being difficult to work with in the field.
(d) Being short tempered.
6. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Only after her cubs were grown.
(b) Her second victim.
(c) Her first victim.
(d) Her third victim.
7. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
(c) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(d) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
8. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Fall over and lie still.
(b) Rip a tree to shreds.
(c) Run away.
(d) Try to attack Corbett.
9. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
10. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Tie Robin to a tree.
(b) Make a plan with the other men.
(c) Clean his rifle.
(d) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
11. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the leopard had killed him.
(b) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(c) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(d) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
12. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(b) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(c) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(d) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
13. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
(b) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
(c) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(d) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
14. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs more men.
(b) It is getting close to dark.
(c) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(d) He needs to get Robin.
15. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The most sought after big game trophy in the province.
(b) A tiger of the most unusual color.
(c) The youngest man-eater.
(d) The old foe of a renowned hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robin's pedigree?
2. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
4. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)