|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Age and arthritis.
(b) Broken teeth from being shot.
(c) An old hip injury.
(d) Congenital deformity.
2. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) They miss the shot.
(b) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
(c) The gun jams and does not fire.
(d) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
3. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
(b) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(c) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
(d) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
4. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a large cluster of rocks.
(b) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(c) Into a large lantana bush.
(d) Up a tree.
5. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
(a) Near sightedness.
(b) A weak heart.
(c) A blind eye.
(d) Hip dysplasia.
6. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(b) When all the men open fire.
(c) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(d) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) His sudden surge of adrenaline and fast reflexes.
(b) The tiger being a man-eater.
(c) Nightjar eggs in his left hand.
(d) That he is carrying a very light rifle.
8. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
9. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Take only a light manueverable rifle.
(b) Dress as woman working in the field.
(c) Ambush the tiger at a water hole.
(d) Lure the tiger to him.
10. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(b) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(c) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
(d) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
11. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) Because they are unafraid of people, tigers are easier to kill.
(b) Leopards are remarkably hard to track.
(c) Leopards are easier to catch directly after a kill.
(d) Leopards are more fond of human flesh than tigers.
12. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Rip a tree to shreds.
(b) Run away.
(c) Fall over and lie still.
(d) Try to attack Corbett.
13. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) The tigers often have bald spots.
(b) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(c) They have all been remarkably fine.
(d) They smell.
14. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) The nature of any disability it has.
(b) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
(c) The supply of natural food in the area.
(d) All of the above.
15. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
(b) Being difficult to work with in the field.
(c) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(d) Being short tempered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
2. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
3. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
5. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)