|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
(a) He can't see into the bush and wishes to be carried.
(b) There are monkeys in the bush.
(c) The tiger is in the bush.
(d) He lost the scent trail.
2. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
(b) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
(c) Drive monkeys into the area.
(d) Send for Robin.
3. What is Corbett hoping to do after he sends his men back when he gives up filming?
(a) Get one last glimpse of the python.
(b) Go for a swim.
(c) Catch a fish for his dinner.
(d) None of the above.
4. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(c) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(d) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
5. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
(a) Loading up their belongings to leave.
(b) In a town meeting deciding what to do about the tiger.
(c) Furiously pounding the bush to drive the tiger away.
(d) In abject terror and locked in their homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
2. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
3. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
4. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
5. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)