|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(c) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
2. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
(b) It was the only safe place for miles.
(c) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
(d) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
3. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
(a) A python.
(b) A rare butterfly.
(c) A tigress and her cubs.
(d) None of the above.
4. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(b) Wrestling together.
(c) Stalking a young girl.
(d) Fighting over part of a kill.
5. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say he has a great distaste for?
2. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
3. How does Corbett get a hold of the fish?
4. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
5. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)