|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that makes the valley Corbett fishes in so pleasant?
(a) The perfume of the flowers.
(b) The mountains nearby.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The abundant wildlife.
2. Why does Corbett give up trying to film his subject?
(a) The subject disappears.
(b) The light gets bad.
(c) He gets tired.
(d) The tigress gets hostile.
3. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
(a) That it is technology, and not nature, that makes us strong.
(b) That we fight to preserve every one of our species.
(c) That we stalk them too.
(d) That we have no sense of smell.
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
(b) All of the above.
(c) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
(d) The circumstance must be understood.
5. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
(b) The buffalo killed by lightening.
(c) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(d) The buffalo gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
3. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
4. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
5. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)