|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
(b) None of the above.
(c) The direction it was heading.
(d) Whether the animal has recently eaten human flesh.
2. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
(a) A mother out cutting grass for her cattle.
(b) An injured old lady.
(c) A child who strayed into the forest.
(d) A girl who stayed with her injured companion.
3. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(b) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(c) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
(d) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
4. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
(a) The local authorities.
(b) The people of the nearby village.
(c) The oldest women of the village.
(d) The father of the latest victim.
5. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
(b) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
(c) It was the only safe place for miles.
(d) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
2. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
3. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
4. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What does Corbett say he has a great distaste for?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)