|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the fish Corbett first catches reaches the end of the fishing line?
(a) The fish leaps out of the water.
(b) The line goes dead.
(c) The rod jams and won't reel in the line.
(d) Corbett starts reeling the fish in.
2. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
(a) The one time Robin left him in a tight corner.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The time Robin saved his life.
(d) The time Robin faced down a leopard.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(b) Condition of claws.
(c) Condition of teeth.
4. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
(a) The oldest women of the village.
(b) The father of the latest victim.
(c) The local authorities.
(d) The people of the nearby village.
5. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Wrestling together.
(b) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(c) Stalking a young girl.
(d) Fighting over part of a kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Corbett leave the fish after he catches it?
2. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
3. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
4. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
5. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)