|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
(a) When they are compelled to through stress of circumstance.
(b) When their diet is low in salt.
(c) When people start to work in their territory.
(d) After they have been shot at by hunters.
2. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(b) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(c) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(d) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
3. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
(a) A group of hunters leaving the area.
(b) None of the above.
(c) A terrified group of women.
(d) An old man who was attacked years before by the tiger.
4. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(b) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(c) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(d) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
5. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
(a) The other beings of the forest and the wind.
(b) Monkeys and luck.
(c) The wind and a good hunting dog.
(d) All of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
2. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that makes the valley Corbett fishes in so pleasant?
4. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
5. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)