|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett do when he desperately needs to cough while stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) Chew some leaves that make his throat numb.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Make bird sounds to clear his throat.
(d) Leave the area.
2. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(b) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(c) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(d) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
3. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(b) The dak runner.
(c) A group of women cutting grass.
(d) A man and his buffalos.
4. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) Imported English hound.
(b) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
5. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
(a) Crashing blindly through the underbrush.
(b) Riding a water buffalo.
(c) Crawling on his stomach.
(d) Running at full speed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
2. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
4. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)