|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett realize after reeling in sixty yards of the fishing line?
(a) He did not use bait.
(b) The fish is still on the line.
(c) None of the above.
(d) There is a branch wrapped in his line.
2. What does Corbett say has altered as much as ladies fashion over the years?
(a) His excuses to stay out late.
(b) The kinds of fish in the river.
(c) Fishing rods and tackle.
(d) His reasons for loving nature.
3. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A small piece of his skull.
(b) A tooth.
(c) A toe.
(d) A strip of skin.
4. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(b) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(c) Robin's puppies are born.
(d) Robin dies.
5. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) A band of monkeys.
(b) The other big game hunters after him.
(c) A small herd of water buffalo.
(d) All of his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
2. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
3. What does Corbett see first on the trail as he is stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
5. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)