|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a large lantana bush.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(d) Into a large cluster of rocks.
2. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(b) A man and his buffalos.
(c) The dak runner.
(d) A group of women cutting grass.
3. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Dress as woman working in the field.
(b) Lure the tiger to him.
(c) Ambush the tiger at a water hole.
(d) Take only a light manueverable rifle.
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(b) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(c) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
5. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(b) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(c) That the leopard may have moved.
(d) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
2. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
4. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
5. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)