|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Fish of My Dreams.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Wedged in between two rocks.
(b) None of the above.
(c) In a tree.
(d) Lying down in the open.
2. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) Leopards are remarkably hard to track.
(b) Because they are unafraid of people, tigers are easier to kill.
(c) Leopards are easier to catch directly after a kill.
(d) Leopards are more fond of human flesh than tigers.
3. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
(a) Broken teeth.
(b) A bullet in his shoulder.
(c) An old hip fracture.
(d) Porcupine quills in his foreleg.
4. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
(a) One of the Hindu traditions of disposing of the dead.
(b) The human population is easier prey.
(c) The change in livestock management.
(d) None of the above.
5. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
(b) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(c) He was raised by a tigress.
(d) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
2. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
3. What does Corbett say plays an important role in our enjoyment of outdoor sports?
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
5. What was Corbett's best guess at the weight of the fish?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)