|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(a) Condition of claws.
(b) Condition of teeth.
2. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She became religious.
(b) She lost her power of speech.
(c) She threw up.
(d) She died of a heart attack.
3. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Devoured it.
(b) Took it to her cubs.
(c) Ate a few bites.
(d) Left it.
4. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The supply of natural food in the area.
(c) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
(d) The nature of any disability it has.
5. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(b) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(c) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(d) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
2. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
3. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
4. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
5. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)