|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(b) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(c) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
(d) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(b) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(c) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
3. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) That they only attack at night.
(b) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
4. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They have all been remarkably fine.
(b) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(c) They smell.
(d) The tigers often have bald spots.
5. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) No information that could explain what happened.
(b) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(c) A cow killed by a leopard.
(d) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
2. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
3. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
4. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
5. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)