|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They smell.
(b) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(c) They have all been remarkably fine.
(d) The tigers often have bald spots.
2. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
(b) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
(c) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(d) He was raised by a tigress.
3. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Congenital deformity.
(b) Broken teeth from being shot.
(c) Age and arthritis.
(d) An old hip injury.
4. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
(d) The leopards eat less of the victim.
5. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She threw up.
(b) She lost her power of speech.
(c) She became religious.
(d) She died of a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
2. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
3. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
4. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
5. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)