|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The supply of natural food in the area.
(d) The nature of any disability it has.
2. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(b) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(c) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(d) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
3. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her second victim.
(b) Her first victim.
(c) Only after her cubs were grown.
(d) Her third victim.
4. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) A sari.
(b) A leg from below the knee.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A blue necklace.
5. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
Short Answer Questions
1. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
2. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
4. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
5. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)