|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(b) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(c) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(d) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
2. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(a) Four hundred and thirty six.
(c) Forty two.
(d) Over a thousand.
3. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her third victim.
(b) Her first victim.
(c) Only after her cubs were grown.
(d) Her second victim.
4. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
(b) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(c) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
(d) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
5. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
(a) One of the Hindu traditions of disposing of the dead.
(b) The change in livestock management.
(c) The human population is easier prey.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
2. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
4. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
5. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)