|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(b) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(c) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(d) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
2. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Left it.
(b) Ate a few bites.
(c) Took it to her cubs.
(d) Devoured it.
3. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(b) Over four hundred.
(c) None of the above.
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) The circumstance must be understood.
(b) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
(c) All of the above.
(d) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
5. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(c) Injuries from a porcupine.
(d) An old gunshot would in her leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
2. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
3. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
4. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)