|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(b) Monarch of the forests.
(c) Aggressive and cruel.
(d) Instinctual and natural.
2. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(b) None of the above.
(c) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(d) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
3. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
(b) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(c) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(d) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
4. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They are especially aggressive.
(b) They usually die young.
(c) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(d) They will automatically become man-eaters.
5. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She lost her power of speech.
(b) She died of a heart attack.
(c) She threw up.
(d) She became religious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
2. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
3. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)