|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(b) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(c) No information that could explain what happened.
(d) A cow killed by a leopard.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(b) Condition of teeth.
(d) Condition of claws.
3. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(c) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(d) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
4. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(b) They will automatically become man-eaters.
(c) They are especially aggressive.
(d) They usually die young.
5. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
(b) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(c) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(d) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
2. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
3. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
5. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)