|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
(a) When people start to work in their territory.
(b) After they have been shot at by hunters.
(c) When their diet is low in salt.
(d) When they are compelled to through stress of circumstance.
2. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(d) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
3. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(b) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(c) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
5. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Devoured it.
(b) Took it to her cubs.
(c) Left it.
(d) Ate a few bites.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
2. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
5. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)