|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(a) A weaving loom.
(b) Thorn bushes.
(c) His saddle and gun.
2. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
(b) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
(c) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
(d) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
3. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(b) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(c) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(d) None of the above.
4. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) The tigers often have bald spots.
(b) They have all been remarkably fine.
(c) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(d) They smell.
5. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A leg from below the knee.
(c) A sari.
(d) A blue necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
2. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
3. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
4. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
5. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)