|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) All of the above.
(b) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
(c) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(d) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
2. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Only after her cubs were grown.
(b) Her third victim.
(c) Her second victim.
(d) Her first victim.
3. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(b) He knows India can't afford it.
(c) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
(d) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
4. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
(b) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
(c) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(d) None of the above.
5. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(b) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(c) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(d) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
2. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
3. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
4. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
5. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)