|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She lost her power of speech.
(b) She became religious.
(c) She threw up.
(d) She died of a heart attack.
2. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) An old hip injury.
(b) Broken teeth from being shot.
(c) Congenital deformity.
(d) Age and arthritis.
3. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
(b) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
(c) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
(d) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
4. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They are especially aggressive.
(b) They will automatically become man-eaters.
(c) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(d) They usually die young.
5. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(b) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
(c) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
2. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
4. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
5. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)