|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
(b) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
(c) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
(d) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
2. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They smell.
(b) The tigers often have bald spots.
(c) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(d) They have all been remarkably fine.
3. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Broken teeth from being shot.
(b) Congenital deformity.
(c) Age and arthritis.
(d) An old hip injury.
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) All of the above.
(b) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
(c) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
(d) The circumstance must be understood.
5. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(b) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(c) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(d) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
2. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
3. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
4. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
5. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)