|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(b) A weaving loom.
(c) Thorn bushes.
(d) His saddle and gun.
2. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(b) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(c) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(d) None of the above.
3. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Left it.
(b) Ate a few bites.
(c) Devoured it.
(d) Took it to her cubs.
4. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) No information that could explain what happened.
(b) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(c) A cow killed by a leopard.
(d) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
5. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
(a) A tigress with small cubs.
(b) A person entering the tiger's territory.
(c) A tiger on a fresh kill.
(d) A wounded tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
2. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
3. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
4. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
5. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)