|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(b) Thorn bushes.
(c) His saddle and gun.
(d) A weaving loom.
2. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(d) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(b) They smell.
(c) The tigers often have bald spots.
(d) They have all been remarkably fine.
4. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
(b) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(c) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(d) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Poison bait.
(b) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(c) Forest fire.
(d) Snare traps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
2. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
3. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
4. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
5. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)