|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) Leopards are more fond of human flesh than tigers.
(b) Because they are unafraid of people, tigers are easier to kill.
(c) Leopards are easier to catch directly after a kill.
(d) Leopards are remarkably hard to track.
2. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(a) Over a thousand.
(c) Forty two.
(d) Four hundred and thirty six.
3. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) Injuries from a porcupine.
(b) An old gunshot would in her leg.
(c) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(a) Condition of teeth.
(b) Condition of claws.
5. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(b) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(c) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(d) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
2. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
3. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
4. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
5. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)