|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) A blue necklace.
(b) A sari.
(c) A leg from below the knee.
(d) All of the above.
2. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(b) The tigers often have bald spots.
(c) They have all been remarkably fine.
(d) They smell.
4. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
(b) It was the only safe place for miles.
(c) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
(d) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(c) Condition of claws.
(d) Condition of teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
3. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
4. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
5. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)