|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(d) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
2. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
(a) A tigress with small cubs.
(b) A wounded tiger.
(c) A tiger on a fresh kill.
(d) A person entering the tiger's territory.
3. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She became religious.
(b) She lost her power of speech.
(c) She threw up.
(d) She died of a heart attack.
4. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Only after her cubs were grown.
(b) Her third victim.
(c) Her first victim.
(d) Her second victim.
5. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) A cow killed by a leopard.
(b) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(c) No information that could explain what happened.
(d) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
2. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
3. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
4. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
5. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)