|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Corbett when he retrieves the fish?
(a) He gets stalked by a python.
(b) He slips and loses the fish.
(c) He loses his rod and tackle in the fast current.
(d) He is jerked headlong into the river.
2. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(b) A second leopard showed up.
(c) The leopard is alive and moving.
(d) The leopard is near death.
3. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She died of a heart attack.
(b) She threw up.
(c) She lost her power of speech.
(d) She became religious.
4. What does Corbett do when he desperately needs to cough while stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) Make bird sounds to clear his throat.
(b) Chew some leaves that make his throat numb.
(c) Leave the area.
(d) None of the above.
5. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
(d) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
2. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
3. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
4. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
5. What does Corbett say has altered as much as ladies fashion over the years?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)