|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(b) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(c) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
(d) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
2. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
(b) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(c) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(d) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
3. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
(b) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(c) All of the above.
(d) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
4. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
(a) She dies minutes later.
(b) She is left in the square where the tiger kills her that night.
(c) She dies weeks later of infection.
(d) She heals.
5. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(a) None of the above.
(d) Over four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
2. What is Robin's pedigree?
3. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
4. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
5. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)