|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
(a) The twitching of his left ear.
(b) The one on that makes the hair on the back of his leg stand up.
(d) None of the above.
2. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(b) All of the above.
(c) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
(d) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(b) They smell.
(c) The tigers often have bald spots.
(d) They have all been remarkably fine.
4. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) Imported English hound.
(b) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
5. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) An old gunshot would in her leg.
(c) Injuries from a porcupine.
(d) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Robin disappear?
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
3. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
4. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
5. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)