Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, The Champawat Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) No information that could explain what happened.
(b) A cow killed by a leopard.
(c) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(d) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
2. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(b) They are especially aggressive.
(c) They usually die young.
(d) They will automatically become man-eaters.
3. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Only after her cubs were grown.
(b) Her second victim.
(c) Her third victim.
(d) Her first victim.
4. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(b) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(c) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(d) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
5. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(b) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(c) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(d) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
2. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
3. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
4. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
5. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)