Four Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Pipal Pani Tiger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
(a) A local legend.
(b) A story told to him by another big game hunter who witnessed it.
(c) A fictional account of heroism.
(d) The Kanda man-eater's last victim.
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(b) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(c) That the leopard may have moved.
(d) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
3. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(b) No information that could explain what happened.
(c) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(d) A cow killed by a leopard.
4. How does Corbett get a hold of the fish?
(a) He scoops the fish up in a net from a still pool.
(b) The fish leaps out of the water while trying to escape him.
(c) He slowly battles the fish into shallow water then tosses it onto land.
(d) He grabs it while it is wedged between two rocks.
5. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) The supply of natural food in the area.
(b) The nature of any disability it has.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Pipal Pani tiger no longer permit after his mate left?
2. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
3. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
4. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
5. Why does Corbett chose to travel alone on the roads in the area of a man-eater?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)