Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Mohan Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
(a) An old man who was attacked years before by the tiger.
(b) None of the above.
(c) A terrified group of women.
(d) A group of hunters leaving the area.
2. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The twitching of his left ear.
(c) The one on that makes the hair on the back of his leg stand up.
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(b) Forest fire.
(c) Snare traps.
(d) Poison bait.
4. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) That they only attack at night.
(b) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(c) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
2. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
3. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
4. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
5. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)